Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,764 total conversations in 470 threads

+ New Thread

MUGEN Character creation thread?

Last posted Apr 10, 2016 at 08:54PM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2016 at 05:38PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

So I recently started working on two characters for the fighting game engine MUGEN.

The more complete one I've kinda put off on is Somari from the bootleg game.
The other one is WD Gaster, from under meme tale.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
basically this is a thread discussing coding and creation of characters.
While I'm here, I have a bit of a problem.
I am using KFM as a base for my character and I'm trying to make one of his base attacks.
However, it loops.
I can attack and cancel it out, but I can't move until I cancel or exit. Any suggestions?

MUGEN was the shit back then. Still is in my opinion. I have some fond memories of customizing stages and characters, then bringing the results to school. I really should get back into MUGEN, but you are asking about attack loops? I can't exactly explain your problem from your information, but I can give this bit of information;

-Is your character based off someone else's work? If so, you might want to try and change all existences of movehit, moveguarded and move contact =1 to > 0. I'm not sure if that's located in the .CNS or .DEF character file, but that seems to be a common problem with instances of infinite attack loops. Even if it's not another person's code, change it anyways.

Can I suggest you make a Vinesauce Joel Character?
Last edited Apr 10, 2016 at 08:57PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!