Forums / Discussion / General

232,986 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

London 2012 Olympics General

Last posted Aug 16, 2012 at 06:29AM EDT. Added Jul 27, 2012 at 12:47PM EDT
124 posts from 33 users

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@crimson:

Brazil has the US flag, Sweden has Canada's, Canada has Brazil's, and the US has Sweden's.

That's pretty awesome.

Netherlands has their own flag.

Windsurfer Dorian van Rijsselberghe also won gold before the medal race. He was so far ahead, with the option to remove your worst race it wasn't needed for him to do the last race. Removing the medal race from the overall scoreboard, he went partying instead.

Last edited Aug 05, 2012 at 01:51PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Best thing we did today was Epke Zonderland who qualified himself for the high bar finals by getting the highest score (15.966) while he even started first. The country has high hopes for him, but with this score he already delivers.

>RandomMan says he works out
>The Netherlands
>Is away on "vacation"
>…During the Olympics
>Epke Zonderland

>Dominates with swag

This is what I imagine RandomMan looks like.

I know nothing about gymnastics, but he was the best far and away. Congratulations.

Verbose wrote:

RandomMan wrote:

Best thing we did today was Epke Zonderland who qualified himself for the high bar finals by getting the highest score (15.966) while he even started first. The country has high hopes for him, but with this score he already delivers.

>The Netherlands
>Is away on "vacation"
>…During the Olympics
>Epke Zonderland

>Dominates with swag

I know nothing about gymnastics, but he was the best far and away. Congratulations.

>Logic FTW

Verbose wrote:

RandomMan wrote:

>The Netherlands
>Is away on "vacation"
>…During the Olympics
>Epke Zonderland

>Dominates with swag

Well, I'm in the U.S., and we are forced to watch tape delay closing ceremony now. NBC did such an abysmal job with the whole coverage. It was even worse than their 2008 and 2010 coverage. And during both ceremonies, they've been cutting away during key parts of the ceremony on tape delay.

Not just Muse. They apparently didn't show performances by The Kinks's Ray Davies and Kate Bush. There was also a fire dance, but that wasn't show on NBC. The medal ceremony for the men's marathon was also not shown.

And the worst part about it. Just before The Who performed, NBC cut right to premiering a new TV sitcom that's bound to fail. This is by far the worst coverage NBC has done.

And the rest of the world's coverage of it…well, they were apparently airing every minute of the coverage.

I swear to god we should start a protest if NBC is the one to air the Olympics next time it comes around. I love the Olympics, but this horrid coverage just completely ruined it for me. And it just seemed to get worse and worse as the past two weeks went on. I want to move to another country just so I can see coverage of the games that isn't run by a team of monkeys. I bet that even if the games were in USA they would fuck it up somehow.

Well, it's been a fun games, and although I have not been able to find Muse on the Pirate Bay, I shall persevere. Thanks everyone for posting.

I declare this thread of the XXX Olympiad closed.

And I call upon the users of this site to assemble four years from now in a similar thread to celebrate the Games of the XXI Olympiad!

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Last edited Aug 14, 2012 at 08:27PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Kinda funny how you held that back until the end. Bet you were pissing your pants when China was still on top.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Fridge, I know you're the OP, but I'm the Londoner.

/Isaiditfirstrantrant

BTW, I believe it's the XXXI Olympiad, right?

……

RandomMan wrote:

Kinda funny how you held that back until the end. Bet you were pissing your pants when China was still on top.

Nah nah nah pal, I called you out on that already. If you look back, you'll see I said either china or the us would be on top. Only reason I posted my last post was because of the vast difference in medals. I didnt care much about china winning as long as the USA beat great Britian, and we creamed them. You just jelly.

@Dac

You seem quite patriotic, it really annoys me when I see American patriots mentioning American superiority.

Also, technically this thread isn't over, We've still got the Paralympic Games. (Obviously the thread only mentions London 2012, but you know.)

Quantum, I don't think you are supposed to take Dac's post too seriously

Also, we have a right to be proud of our country and celebrate that we won the most medals. So would you if your country got the most medals

But it didn't

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 08:05PM EDT

@quantum

As crimsonlocks said, Im just playing around. I'm mostly just busting randommans balls and I'm happy because I won a bet with my British friend. Still though, I find it annoying how you are trying to say I'm overly patriotic because im proud that my country did so well. Wouldn't you be bragging to your hearts content if you guys beat out the USA or China? Also, nowhere In my post did i say anything about america being superior. Come on now, don't be jelly.

Last edited Aug 15, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

lol, I'm just saying I get annoyed when Americans do that, however, I respect the American Olympic team, really.

Although it IS annoying when you beat Rebecca Adlington at swimming. >_>

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!