Forums / Discussion / General

232,914 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

THEY'RE BRINGING BACK WHOSE LINE!

Last posted Mar 02, 2013 at 10:34AM EST. Added Mar 01, 2013 at 07:17PM EST
15 posts from 13 users

Yay for Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie returning.

Boo for no Drew Carey :(

I've actually been catching up slowly on the old series. It's impossible to not laugh every 10 minutes or so.

>mfw Irish Drinking Songs, Hoedown and Scenes from a Hat

Cyber6x wrote:

Yay for Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie returning.

Boo for no Drew Carey :(

I've actually been catching up slowly on the old series. It's impossible to not laugh every 10 minutes or so.

>mfw Irish Drinking Songs, Hoedown and Scenes from a Hat

Well, he's busy with The Price is Right, (the show's an institution since Bob Barker left, so Drew has big shoes to fill) so instead they've got Aisha Tyler, who I believe is a fine choice.

According to Wikipedia, she was on Friends, appears in the FX show Archer as Lana Kane, and does stand-up, so she's nothing to sneeze at in the comedy department.

Also, she is a huge gamer; she did voicework for Halo Reach, and I remember seeing her talk about playing arcade cabinets as a kid on the Nerdist. I suppose that gives her some cred around the tubes.

Last edited Mar 01, 2013 at 08:57PM EST

Wasn't there something called "Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza" a few years ago already kinda like Whose Line?

Anyway it's much better to know that the real thing is coming back.

Last edited Mar 01, 2013 at 09:07PM EST

“Drew Carey’s Improv-A-Ganza” was a pretty weak resurrection. The drunk Vegas audience and mostly terrible guests did a lot of damage.
There was an attempt in Britain called "Fast and Loose" from the same creators that Wayne Brady appeared on once. It had its moments but lacked the zaniness of the American WLIIA.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!