Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,827 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

iPhone as a subculture entry?

Last posted Sep 16, 2012 at 05:14PM EDT. Added Sep 14, 2012 at 03:19PM EDT
6 posts from 6 users

There's a lot of parodies and jokes associated with iPhone, especially when there's a new release. We also have quite a few entries tagged as iphone, enough to create an umbrella entry for. But since this would be the first subculture entry on hardware device (at least that I can recall), I wanted to hear your thoughts and see if anyone would be interested in helping with research.

I think it could work. Especially considering the aesthetic appeal of their products, Apple has built a sort of cultish atmosphere around itself and its products, and they have an extraordinarily dedicated fanbase. It is most certainly a subculture, and there should definitely be an entry.

I believe an entry for Apple in general might work out better, allows to cover a broader array of subjects.

Like Fridge said for example, Apple has a huge, almost cult like, following. But those people are Apple fans, not just IPhone fans. Having an entry about just the IPhone would make adding them incorrect.

I say go ahead and make the Apple entry. Sadly, I made it to this thread a tad late, so what I was thinking has already been said, but maybe I could help out with research? I've seen several Apple-related jokes and stuff (mainly iPhone-related, but also just Apple in general).

Thing is, it would be my first editorship, so I need to learn about formatting and stuff first. I'll post this and be off to another thread to learn how to do that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!