Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,729 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Meme War the Game [second trailer]

Last posted Jul 28, 2011 at 01:11PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2011 at 02:29PM EDT
42 posts from 14 users

If some of you guys remember my first trailer maybe you would all want to see how thing evolved. My team is sporadic, I work alone on more than 90% of the game…
I have trollface creators permission on using his image ( even if I may be protected by fair use law). I will be looking for every meme creator permission on using their creation.

I also have a website in place : http://memewargame.com/

Are you still open to suggestions? Because if you are…

I would like to see a Weegee attack that turns an opponents head into a Weegee, making them useless for a turn or two.
Also, I would like to see some Touhou, even though it's kind of an old meme (Master Spark, Icicle Fall Easy, and/or something involving throwing a bunch of Yukkuri that bounce around a few times before disappearing).

@RussianFedora , Bro I'm sorry but I don't remember who gave me what ideas, I've saved all received ideas. If I didn't use any idea I will use in the future….

@Natsuru Springfeild , The same Weeggee idea was forwarded to me by someone and I already did it…

It's the first time I hear about Touhou, I will do some research…. thanks suggestions…

MayorMilkman wrote:

Will Admiral Ackbar, Rick Astley and Epic Fail Guy be in the game in any way? That's the last I need now to be completely satisfied with this game.

Yeah of course, every meme is planned to take part. After an initial release and popularity is sufficient continued updates will be made…

thewhatTF wrote:

@RussianFedora , Bro I'm sorry but I don't remember who gave me what ideas, I've saved all received ideas. If I didn't use any idea I will use in the future….

@Natsuru Springfeild , The same Weeggee idea was forwarded to me by someone and I already did it…

It's the first time I hear about Touhou, I will do some research…. thanks suggestions…

KYM already has done the research. :)

And every meme!?! Braces self for lot's of barrel rolls

rapturjesus wrote:

Just looks like that one terrible war stickman game on notdoppler… but with rage faces.

And you're relevant to this site how?

rapturjesus wrote:

Just looks like that one terrible war stickman game on notdoppler… but with rage faces.

Not sure if trollin' or just never even seen the trailer….

Dude is nothing like stickman, it's a little like worms but with big big differences…

Some Suggestions:

-You should be able to nuke someone from orbit.
-I'm behind 7 proxys (A shield for a turn or two)
-Planking/barrel roll as an evasive manouver.
-THIS IS SPARTA/zidane head butt (melee attacks)
-Come at me bro, to provoke the enemy

thats all i can think of right now

Last edited Jul 20, 2011 at 05:06AM EDT

maerki999 wrote:

Some Suggestions:

-You should be able to nuke someone from orbit.
-I'm behind 7 proxys (A shield for a turn or two)
-Planking/barrel roll as an evasive manouver.
-THIS IS SPARTA/zidane head butt (melee attacks)
-Come at me bro, to provoke the enemy

thats all i can think of right now

Ideas saved…

All I want to know is if WTFBOOOOOOOOM get's to be a sound effect. Because it really should.

AND NO I WON'T FIX THAT GRAMMAR. IT IS MY MISTAKE AND IT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER JUST TO SHAME ME AND SPITE YOU.

Last edited Jul 20, 2011 at 06:02AM EDT

ArdentGamer wrote:

All I want to know is if WTFBOOOOOOOOM get's to be a sound effect. Because it really should.

AND NO I WON'T FIX THAT GRAMMAR. IT IS MY MISTAKE AND IT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER JUST TO SHAME ME AND SPITE YOU.

Of-course…. WTFBOOMB is already in the game ..with sound…..

I remember reading someplace in the thread that you where worried about copyright issues (Thus renaming Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Slash). However, this game can be described as a fanart, thus you won't need to worry about such a thing as it uses Fair Use. (Unless, you are planning to sell it that is.)

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I remember reading someplace in the thread that you where worried about copyright issues (Thus renaming Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Slash). However, this game can be described as a fanart, thus you won't need to worry about such a thing as it uses Fair Use. (Unless, you are planning to sell it that is.)

I don't want to sell it, but it really doesn't matter, I studied the case and the fact of the matter is that ALL FANART is a copyright infringement, because it bulldozes in the copyright owners market.
Meme war is not a fanart, because it brings huge new content, vastly more than the one I use (computer code)… I have a really really strong case for fair use, but that doesn't stop anyone to sue me.

The most important thing of fair use is to be sure you don't muscle in the copyright owners market and at the same time use only content that helps you make a point…. Anyway not making money doesn't mean it's fair use nor making money doesn't mean copyright infringement….

Piano wrote:

How do they feel about the game specifically?

They didn't liked it because , it brings this stuff to mainstream, the same reason they hate KYM, memebase, reddit, tumblr …..and actually every website that uses memes and it's not named 4chan…

Is funny because they are all new fags, I was never a /b/tard but I done some SQL bombs in the name of anonymous, newfags ungrateful fucks..

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

The most important stuff is that images and texts will be let freely for anyone to modify, use their own images and maybe use the game in their own native language….

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!