Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

308,691 total conversations in 9,065 threads

+ New Thread


Meme War the Game [second trailer]

Last posted Jul 28, 2011 at 01:11PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2011 at 02:29PM EDT
42 posts from 14 users

If some of you guys remember my first trailer maybe you would all want to see how thing evolved. My team is sporadic, I work alone on more than 90% of the game…
I have trollface creators permission on using his image ( even if I may be protected by fair use law). I will be looking for every meme creator permission on using their creation.

I also have a website in place : http://memewargame.com/

Jul 18, 2011 at 02:29PM EDT
Quote

It’s really coming together, quite a promising game for KYM.

Jul 18, 2011 at 02:40PM EDT

thewhatTF wrote:

That’s because I program shit LIKE A BAUSSSS

Jul 18, 2011 at 04:06PM EDT
Quote

Are you still open to suggestions? Because if you are…

I would like to see a Weegee attack that turns an opponents head into a Weegee, making them useless for a turn or two.
Also, I would like to see some Touhou, even though it’s kind of an old meme (Master Spark, Icicle Fall Easy, and/or something involving throwing a bunch of Yukkuri that bounce around a few times before disappearing).

Jul 18, 2011 at 04:24PM EDT
Quote

@RussianFedora , Bro I’m sorry but I don’t remember who gave me what ideas, I’ve saved all received ideas. If I didn’t use any idea I will use in the future….

@Natsuru Springfeild , The same Weeggee idea was forwarded to me by someone and I already did it…

It’s the first time I hear about Touhou, I will do some research…. thanks suggestions…

Jul 18, 2011 at 04:40PM EDT
Quote

@Private Brony …look again first weapon in the trailer is rainbow slash sonic boom…I can’t make it more descriptive or I will infringe copyrights….

Jul 18, 2011 at 05:47PM EDT
Quote

This game looks simply amazing. I salute your programming abilities.

Jul 18, 2011 at 05:56PM EDT
Quote

MDFification wrote:

This game looks simply amazing. I salute your programming abilities.

Just doing my best

Jul 18, 2011 at 06:28PM EDT
Quote

Will Admiral Ackbar, Rick Astley and Epic Fail Guy be in the game in any way? That’s the last I need now to be completely satisfied with this game.

Jul 18, 2011 at 06:31PM EDT
Quote

MayorMilkman wrote:

Will Admiral Ackbar, Rick Astley and Epic Fail Guy be in the game in any way? That’s the last I need now to be completely satisfied with this game.

Yeah of course, every meme is planned to take part. After an initial release and popularity is sufficient continued updates will be made…

Jul 18, 2011 at 06:50PM EDT
Quote

thewhatTF wrote:

@RussianFedora , Bro I’m sorry but I don’t remember who gave me what ideas, I’ve saved all received ideas. If I didn’t use any idea I will use in the future….

@Natsuru Springfeild , The same Weeggee idea was forwarded to me by someone and I already did it…

It’s the first time I hear about Touhou, I will do some research…. thanks suggestions…

KYM already has done the research. :)

And every meme!?! Braces self for lot’s of barrel rolls

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:20PM EDT
Quote

If anyone has any idea how could I get some fan base for the initial release, please please enlighten me….

Jul 19, 2011 at 01:03PM EDT
Quote

Just looks like that one terrible war stickman game on notdoppler… but with rage faces.

Jul 19, 2011 at 01:06PM EDT

rapturjesus wrote:

Just looks like that one terrible war stickman game on notdoppler… but with rage faces.

And you’re relevant to this site how?

Jul 19, 2011 at 01:11PM EDT

rapturjesus wrote:

Just looks like that one terrible war stickman game on notdoppler… but with rage faces.

Not sure if trollin’ or just never even seen the trailer….

Dude is nothing like stickman, it’s a little like worms but with big big differences…

Jul 19, 2011 at 01:22PM EDT
Quote

Can somebody help me contact “me gusta” creator ???,I want to ask for his permission for using his creation in Meme war…

Jul 20, 2011 at 03:58AM EDT
Quote

Some Suggestions:

-You should be able to nuke someone from orbit.
-I’m behind 7 proxys (A shield for a turn or two)
-Planking/barrel roll as an evasive manouver.
-THIS IS SPARTA/zidane head butt (melee attacks)
-Come at me bro, to provoke the enemy

thats all i can think of right now

Last edited Jul 20, 2011 at 05:06AM EDT
Jul 20, 2011 at 04:38AM EDT
Quote

maerki999 wrote:

Some Suggestions:

-You should be able to nuke someone from orbit.
-I’m behind 7 proxys (A shield for a turn or two)
-Planking/barrel roll as an evasive manouver.
-THIS IS SPARTA/zidane head butt (melee attacks)
-Come at me bro, to provoke the enemy

thats all i can think of right now

Ideas saved…

Jul 20, 2011 at 05:14AM EDT
Quote

All I want to know is if WTFBOOOOOOOOM get’s to be a sound effect. Because it really should.

AND NO I WON’T FIX THAT GRAMMAR. IT IS MY MISTAKE AND IT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER JUST TO SHAME ME AND SPITE YOU.

Last edited Jul 20, 2011 at 06:02AM EDT
Jul 20, 2011 at 06:01AM EDT
Quote

ArdentGamer wrote:

All I want to know is if WTFBOOOOOOOOM get’s to be a sound effect. Because it really should.

AND NO I WON’T FIX THAT GRAMMAR. IT IS MY MISTAKE AND IT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER JUST TO SHAME ME AND SPITE YOU.

Of-course…. WTFBOOMB is already in the game ..with sound…..

Jul 20, 2011 at 06:35AM EDT
Quote

Hm… All Your Base? No ideas for exactly how, but I’m sure it can get a good use in the game.

Jul 20, 2011 at 01:05PM EDT
Quote

I have a feeling there might be game coming out this autumn to consume what’s left of my life.

Jul 20, 2011 at 01:16PM EDT

Chaletica wrote:

Hm… All Your Base? No ideas for exactly how, but I’m sure it can get a good use in the game.

Already done…. :D

Jul 20, 2011 at 02:37PM EDT
Quote

Captain Badass wrote:

I have a feeling there might be game coming out this autumn to consume what’s left of my life.

You flatter me good sir…

Jul 20, 2011 at 02:37PM EDT
Quote

some one posted the above trailer on 4chan , they be feelin RAAAGEEEEEE

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:36AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Hmmm… did Mudada/WRRYYYYYYYYY get into the game yet?

not yet sorry, but it will.. it has to…

Jul 26, 2011 at 07:08PM EDT
Quote

thewhatTF wrote:

some one posted the above trailer on 4chan , they be feelin RAAAGEEEEEE

How do they feel about the game specifically?

Jul 26, 2011 at 07:13PM EDT
Quote

I remember reading someplace in the thread that you where worried about copyright issues (Thus renaming Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Slash). However, this game can be described as a fanart, thus you won’t need to worry about such a thing as it uses Fair Use. (Unless, you are planning to sell it that is.)

Jul 27, 2011 at 03:30PM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I remember reading someplace in the thread that you where worried about copyright issues (Thus renaming Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Slash). However, this game can be described as a fanart, thus you won’t need to worry about such a thing as it uses Fair Use. (Unless, you are planning to sell it that is.)

I don’t want to sell it, but it really doesn’t matter, I studied the case and the fact of the matter is that ALL FANART is a copyright infringement, because it bulldozes in the copyright owners market.
Meme war is not a fanart, because it brings huge new content, vastly more than the one I use (computer code)… I have a really really strong case for fair use, but that doesn’t stop anyone to sue me.

The most important thing of fair use is to be sure you don’t muscle in the copyright owners market and at the same time use only content that helps you make a point…. Anyway not making money doesn’t mean it’s fair use nor making money doesn’t mean copyright infringement….

Jul 28, 2011 at 06:20AM EDT
Quote

Piano wrote:

How do they feel about the game specifically?

They didn’t liked it because , it brings this stuff to mainstream, the same reason they hate KYM, memebase, reddit, tumblr …..and actually every website that uses memes and it’s not named 4chan…

Is funny because they are all new fags, I was never a /b/tard but I done some SQL bombs in the name of anonymous, newfags ungrateful fucks..

Jul 28, 2011 at 06:25AM EDT
Quote

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I remember reading someplace in the thread that you where worried about copyright issues (Thus renaming Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Slash). However, this game can be described as a fanart, thus you won’t need to worry about such a thing as it uses Fair Use. (Unless, you are planning to sell it that is.)

The most important stuff is that images and texts will be let freely for anyone to modify, use their own images and maybe use the game in their own native language….

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:14PM EDT
Quote

At the risk of being voted down, I don’t think I’ll like it much. It’s well done, and the memes are executed perfectly, but it’s just too much of a worm game for me.

Jul 28, 2011 at 01:11PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!