Forums / Media / Video Games

38,674 total conversations in 2,706 threads

+ New Thread

Ridiculously rare achievements

Last posted Oct 18, 2015 at 11:18PM EDT. Added Oct 17, 2015 at 02:45AM EDT
12 posts from 10 users

I'm not necessarily looking for mega-difficult or obscure or anything to that extent. I just want achievements in games where less than 3% of the playerbase has achieved it. The lower, the better. If you can explain why so few people have it, awesome; I love to read that sort of thing. So let's start this bitch off right with..

Plague Inc. Evolved – The Future Is Bright

"End the game with apes and humans living together peacefully."

NOBODY has this achievement. Literally no one. 0%. I can only assumed that it's either bugged to be unachievable or the means of getting it are so ludicrously implausible that even the most masochistic completionist couldn't be assed to try. As I don't own the game, I can't comment on what might be hard on it besides a few LPs I've seen of folks playing the game, but it's the very first achievement I saw where absolutely zero people had it and it inspired me to make the thread.

I think the reason why nobody has this achievement yet is not the difficulty, but the fact that if you unlock this achievement you lose the game.

http://plagueinc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Future_is_Bright

Spiral Knights has two that only about 0.2% of players have.

Dauntless Delver: Traverse the ENTIRE clockworks without having to revive.

Gold Survivor: Complete a tier 3 expedition without having to revive

I managed to get Silver survivor (tier 2 expedition with no revives) and Cradle and all (traverse the entire clockworks) during my last run to try and get it but I wanna go for gold before I can finally put that game to rest and the hundred or so hours I've clocked in.

The most interesting one I found is the achievement for Alien Isolation called "One Shot". It's a secret achievement and only 0.5% of players have it. You need to complete the entire game without dying a single time.

Probably at least 30% of the ones in wow
some are straight up ridiculous
for example, being the first group on your server to take down a raid boss, one group of people on each server get that, and then it's gone, no-one else can ever get it

Not really sure if 3DMark's achievements can actually be considered achievements, but some of their's are ridiculous and you either have to hack to achieve or else you have to buy equipment to achieve.

Edit: I should have more than 2 of these achievements, but obviously the achievement system doesn't work well. My first time using the system was on a laptop with no graphics card and a Pentium processor. My next time was on a system with Nvida on-board graphics and an i7. I really should have at least the "Free PC Upgrade" achievement, but I'm aiming to run 3DMark on the server I just got so I can get the "Hydra" achievement as well.

Last edited Oct 17, 2015 at 01:55PM EDT

Basilius wrote:

I have "The Sith Lord" for Knights of the Old Republic 2, has a 0.05% ownership rate.

What are the requirements? It certainly makes things interesting knowing what it takes to get it.

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin has the Master of (spell school) achievements, all with 2% or lower completion. These require a character to learn all the spells in one particular school of magic which is more difficult than it sounds, of course. In descending order.

• Master of Hexes has 2%
  • Master of Sorceries has 1.6%
  • Master of Pyromancies has 1.4%
  • Master of Miracles has 1.3%

Also The Dark Soul which is the "platinum trophy-style" achievement has but 1.1%

Spelunky! One of my favorites!

• To Hell and Back: Complete the game the hard way. (And they mean HARD.) 2.6%
  • Big Money: Obtain 500,000 gold. ( In one game. The most I've seen a single pickup go for is roughly 15,000 gold and it's practically suicide to try.) 2.5%
  • The Entire Game: Rescue all 16 hidden characters. (There is one in each major map type, including secret levels and one for both endings. I am missing two and I don't know where the first one is.) 1.7%
  • Seen It All: Complete 100% of the journal. (Kill or die to all monsters, find all items, all traps, all areas…doable, but time consuming.) 1.4%
  • Speedlunky: Complete the game in under 8 minutes without shortcuts. (I honestly have no idea. I average about two minutes per level and there's 16 levels with the last one a boss fight.) 1.3%
  • Low Scorer: Complete the game without collecting ANY treasure. No shortcuts. (I couldn't imagine. You'd have to knock treasure out of your way and some blocks contain bits of gold or gems, to boot!) 0.7%
  • Good Teamwork: Complete adventure mode with at least two players alive. No shortcuts. (There is no online co-op and the game isn't built very well around multiplayer. Your only comfort is that there's a revive coffin on each new floor and killed players drop their stuff…if it's not burnt in lava or dropped into a bottomless pit, of course.) 0.7%

Crypt of the Necrodancer: Lowest of the Low.
The only achievement I've seen with literally 0% completion rate while still being perfectly possible to get. To get it, you have to complete an "All-characters" run, in which you complete the game once with each different character in a row without dying, while also not picking up any items or using any buff shrines. Now you're probably thinking "Oh, so just beat the game a few times in a row", right? Keep in mind that this includes these characters:
-A character that instantly dies the moment you miss a beat.
-A character that instantly dies if you pick up gold.
-A character that is forced to play the game at 4x speed.
-And finally, a character with ALL OF THE ABOVE AT ONCE.

Ori and the Blind Forest's "Immortal" achievement. Requires you to beat the game without dying. ONCE.

0.7% of people have this achievement, and it's obvious why: only the most seasoned of runners could hope to achieve this. That, or a speed runner. This achiev is INSANE. The farthest I got without dying was the water tree, which I died three times on after. It's crazy.

Galactic Civilizations 3 – Honorary Stardockian – Play for 1000 Hours – 0.1%
Cities: Skylines – 1001 Nights – Experience 1001 nights in the game – 0%

DAAAMN!!!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!