PROTIP: Press 'i' to view the image gallery, 'v' to view the video gallery, or 'r' to view a random entry.
This submission is currently being researched & evaluated!
You can help confirm this entry by contributing facts, media, and other evidence of notability and mutation.
My Life According To is a survey which spread on Facebook in early 2009. Participants fill out the survey, which asks a series of basic and deeper questions about the survey taker, using song titles from a single band or musician or the survey taker’s choice.
On April 23rd, 2009, Ashleigh K. Rajala published a post titled “my life according to the latest facebook meme,” on her blog Sandpaper Blue. Rajala described the survery as “the latest Facebook meme, the “My Life According to [insert favourite band here].” Rajala completed the survey twice using songs from The Clash (shown below) and The Smiths.
“1. Are you a male or female: Janie Jones
2. Describe yourself: Lost in the Supermarket
3. How do you feel about yourself: Should I Stay or Should I Go
4. Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: Ivan Meets G.I. Joe (pretty damn accurate, actually)
5. Describe your current boy/girl situation: Armagideon Times
6. Describe your current location: Safe European Home
7. Describe where you want to be: London Calling
8. Your best friend(s) is: Julie’s Been Working for the Drug Squad
9. Your favorite color is: White Riot
10. You know that: I Fought the Law (and the Law Won)
11. If your life was a television show what would it be called: Straight to Hell
12. What is life to you: Rock the Casbah
13. What is the best advice you have to give: Stay Free (or, Know Your Rights)”
On May 2nd, 2009, user bowzerfan321 added a thread titled “My life According too__________! Survey!?” to Yahoo Answers. She described the rules for the survey, explaining:
“Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, cleverly answer these questions. Try not to repeat a song title. It’s a lot harder than you think! 10 POINTS goes to the survey that makes sence and uses actual song titles from ONE artist on all answers!
On July 2nd, 2010, a Facebook page for the survey was created, and as of May 2014, it has gained over 400 likes. The survey first appeared on Tumblr on August 1st, 2010, when Tumblr user tobekaitlyne uploaded a post titled “My Life According to Paramore.”
On May 2nd, 2011, user Confusedfb started a thread on TheSite forum titled "My Life According to (ARTIST/ BAND NAME). There were more than 70 Tumblr posts tagged “My Life According to” in 2011 and more than 20 in 2012.
There are no videos currently available.