PROTIP: Press 'i' to view the image gallery, 'v' to view the video gallery, or 'r' to view a random entry.
This submission is currently being researched & evaluated!
You can help confirm this entry by contributing facts, media, and other evidence of notability and mutation.
Mythbusters is a TV show produced by Beyond Television Productions for Discovery Channel. However, the term “Mythbusters” is also used to refer to the hosts of the show, originally Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, with Kari Byron (being substituted for by Jessi Combs while she was on maternity leave), Tory Belleci, and Grant Imahara being added in at later times in the seasons. The show consists of taking popular urban legends or folklore, and “[putting] them to the test” to see if the scientific principles behind the situations back them up.
The show was aired in 2003 on the Discovery Channel, and has since come to air on several stations, including many of Discovery Channel’s international stations, 7 Mate, and even a 30-minute version on BBC Two for a period of time.
Because of the show’s speed of growth in popularity, the show and its hosts have gained a strong backing on the internet. The forum, located on the Discovery Channel’s website, currently has over 1 million registered members. It is also common to find fanart of the show on DeviantART and fanfictions (Usually NSFW) on LiveJournal.
All of the hosts on the show have very iconic behavior, and tend to have relaxed, fun attitudes that come out in quirky lines and actions. Because of this, it is common to see one or more of the hosts in pictures or gifs for the sake of humor. An especially strong example of this is Jamie as a Walrus.
Because of Jamie’s prominent moustache, he has often been compared to a Walrus on-air by Adam, and can often be seen represented as a walrus wearing a beret and glasses.
Many phrases, such as “I reject your reality and substitute my own!”, are direct quotes from the show that are easily remembered for their humorous circumstances or irony.
below is a list of other notable phrases:
- Jamie want big boom
- am i missing an eyebrow?
- when in doubt: C4
- well there’s your problem. (to something obviously destroyed)
- my toast always lands butterside up
- high explosives and electricity whoooooooo!
- this is why we cant have anything nice
- Tub of body latex: $22 . Tub of gold pigment: $6. Watching your friend get naked, covered in gold paint and then jogging until he passes out: Priceless!
- Remember, children, MythBusters has hired a licensed pyrotechnician to help us blow stuff up. You should never try anything like this unless you have your own television show.
- Quack, damn you!!
- This is the show. It’s like four minutes of science and then ten minutes of me hurting myself.
note: not ALL of these are Mythbuster originals, however they made them notable