Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Please read my tumblr posts

Last posted Jul 18, 2016 at 11:35PM EDT. Added Jul 18, 2016 at 02:57AM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

Yeah, im just gonna be honest here
Know Your Meme has always been my home site
I feel comfortable here, I feel like this is a community I can really agree with quite often, and I just really fit in here
However recently I started doing stuff on tumblr, particularly, a fiction blog which about three of you already know about (If you havent forgotten by now)
Called "Sinnessers"
About the titular "sinnessers" which teleport into the human world and eat the body parts associated with the five senses. Humans can use their "soul energy" to form weapons, among other things. I know it sounds generic, but trust me, I've poured my heart and soul into making it stand out the best I can. I know you guys on this site, you guys are almost like family to me. Maybe I'm being over dramatic, but I'm being sincere. This is a community I want to be a part of. Tumblr is just so different, the people there seem focused on different things, and i doubt i can pick up traction with them. If any of you sound interested, depsite my piss-poor explanation, then it would mean the world to me if you were to check it out, and if you have a tumblr account, follow it
I feel like a tool with such a blatant plug, but really, honestly, I have been thinking this story through for about 4 years, and I have now put it on paper, plus i suck at talking to people like a rational human being.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you would like to critique the two chapters that are out right now, please do so, and be honest, please.
Unfortunately, it currently does not show up on google searches, so let me link it to you here
http://sinnessers.tumblr.com
Thanks again, so much

Hey, folks. Focus on the call for criticism more than the plug for his content. Sure, OP is looking for viewers, but he did ask for critique on his creative work too.

OP, I'm not much for reading fiction myself, so I'd be a poor critic. But good luck to you. I can't help but think tagging helps, so if you make a joke or something directly related to something popular, then be sure to add it to whatever tags you normally use.

Verbose wrote:

Hey, folks. Focus on the call for criticism more than the plug for his content. Sure, OP is looking for viewers, but he did ask for critique on his creative work too.

OP, I'm not much for reading fiction myself, so I'd be a poor critic. But good luck to you. I can't help but think tagging helps, so if you make a joke or something directly related to something popular, then be sure to add it to whatever tags you normally use.

Thank you so much, and I've been trying to work with tags the best I can, but it's a bit tough
Seriously though, thank you for your support!

I enjoyed the story! I'm no writer myself, but my only criticism is that it's a bit fast-paced, with less explanation/backstory and more going right into the action.
I will try to follow this tho.

Last edited Jul 18, 2016 at 12:28PM EDT

Muffinlicious wrote:

I enjoyed the story! I'm no writer myself, but my only criticism is that it's a bit fast-paced, with less explanation/backstory and more going right into the action.
I will try to follow this tho.

Thank you so much!
There is a bit more backstory later in this arc, and some heavier world building in the next
Thank you also!

Another thing, i wanted to know how i could go about better promoting it if anyone had any ideas…
My biggest problem is when i try, i end up sounding like a spambot which probably does the opposite of what i want…
Also where else i could promote it, if i even should promote it at all
Thanks again

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!