Forums / Discussion / General

234,754 total conversations in 7,810 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Introducing KYM's 7th generation of Moderators!

Last posted May 04, 2013 at 05:23PM EDT. Added May 02, 2013 at 12:47PM EDT
52 posts from 38 users

Can you believe this is the seventh round of moderators! Crazy, right! It was way overdue and props go out to current mods for getting the ball rolling on this, thank you guys.

• VanManner is our newest Entry Moderator. He's done some amazing work with submitting much needed entries as well as editing and researching in general. His 30 editorships have been quality.
  • Blue Screen (of Death) has become a forum moderator for his excellent work in the forum. With nearly 5,800 posts, and 94% positive karma, he's been a great help keeping the community active.
  • Unraveler and KZN02 have both been added as Media moderators for their excellence uploads and tagging.

Additionally, we have three new Research Moderators, opspe has gained forum moderation and
madcat and MDFification / Sloth have both gained entry moderation.

Be sure to send some virtual cakes and high fives to our new mod batch!!! And thank you everyone for doing everything you do, KYM would not be the amazing place that it is without every single one of you.

I should be getting a response any minute about becoming a moderator, I sent in my resume to cheezburger. Once I'm accepted, OP should add me to the list of new moderators! Any minute now! My name will be up there…. Any minute now. Just… Gotta… Wait…

amanda b. wrote:

Dear new mods,

Get ready to party because that's what the mod team does

This is how I feel now that you're on the team

Now Amanda, you really shouldn't give these poor unfortunate suckers new moderators a false sense of what the mod team is really like.
Here's what the Mod team is really like:

MDFification wrote:

Congrats new mods & does anyone know where the initiation paddle is

My office, tomorrow. Bring bandaids.

Great job you people. Glad to have you all on the team.

It's time to delete spambot threads and chew bubblegum…and I'm all out of gum

Thanks Amanda.b, it's been an honor. I shall uphold this responsibility with professionalism

@Cale

Fear not. I have faced many challenges worse than this. I shall prevail. Even if it leaves me with a severely paddled behind.

RandomMan wrote:

My office, tomorrow. Bring bandaids.

Great job you people. Glad to have you all on the team.

Protip: bring lube. Those aren't for paddlin'.

And congrats to everyone else.

Last edited May 02, 2013 at 06:36PM EDT

Wow! I knew that all these users had potential.

Congrats to VanManner, Unraveler, BSoD, and KZN02 for their new positions to be mods. You guys worked hard to make so many great contributions. You deserve it.

Awesome! Excellent choices, although I somehow failed to notice that opspe wasn't already a forum mod, and I'm pretty sure I missed generation six. Speaking of which, I would also like to congratulate KYM for finally getting clearly ahead of Pokemon in generations. Users, feel free to catch us all.

EDIT: Don't let me derail this, but could those who did catch the announcements of generations five and six and/or may care about such things give feedback on this post?

Last edited May 03, 2013 at 03:11AM EDT

I didn't even notice this thread had been made.

Congratulations to all the new mods. You'll soon learn that things in the moderation world aren't as fast paced and edgy as television would have you believe (damn youngsters).

And as for BSoD and opspe

@Dontkickmebro

You don't. Moderators are selected by the staff at their own discrimination.

They base their selection on track record, reputation and contribution. And only when they deem it necessary to introduce more moderators.

I hear the best way to become a moderator is to constantly remind everyone that you'd like to be a moderator. After doing that, make sure all your good deeds include a mention of your desire to be a moderator. Don't leave anything to implications, it's far better if you tell us straight out.

Also, desperation will show us that you REALLY want this position. Make sure to have plenty of that.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I hear the best way to become a moderator is to constantly remind everyone that you'd like to be a moderator. After doing that, make sure all your good deeds include a mention of your desire to be a moderator. Don't leave anything to implications, it's far better if you tell us straight out.

Also, desperation will show us that you REALLY want this position. Make sure to have plenty of that.

Yeah, I had to beg for years before they made me a moderator. It was never quite so tense as the final waiting period, when Olivia told me it wouldn't be official until the check cleared.

You guys did all have to pay $150 to get on the moderators' list, right?

@Brucker

I payed closer to $200, give or take exchange rates. And that was just for the remote chance. I also had to favorite every image in the Furry gallery and make a Sonic OC in order to make it official.

How did you get a discount?

@Brucker & BSoD

Payment? They have to be closer to paying me with these emotional scars the mod initiation process has caused. The way they looked at me, touched me, threated me….. >tfw

@Random

I guess you truly had to pay the price in order to be come a Database mod AND God Tier.

Money…dignity…bodily organs…

Worth it. Where can I donate my kidneys so I become God Tier Swag too?

Also I just deleted my first spambot threads

I feel the power coursing through my veins!

Last edited May 04, 2013 at 09:20AM EDT

Big ups to you guys

Bob: Here's the second riddle.

Long ago, you must look
in a distant land, that once shook
our childhoods, both you and I
with adventures of a samurai.
The journey of one hero's quest
made fun through altering in jest.

Last edited Aug 15, 2014 at 09:39PM EDT

Namaste! You must login or signup first!