Forums / Discussion / General

232,934 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Internet Explorer just went full Kawaii

Last posted Nov 16, 2013 at 02:53PM EST. Added Nov 06, 2013 at 03:08PM EST
48 posts from 34 users

I kid you not, this is an official Internet Explorer app for the browser, basically just making it Kawaii by adding a personification of Internet Explorer.

You can watch the "trailer" here.

Won't make me get back to using Internet Explorer of course, but I'm curious as to what the opinions are to this new approach from Microsoft.

>tfw even Internet Explorer admits on how bad it was.

>tfw opening it in a different browser gets you a crying Inori

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 05:05PM EST

>Not becoming naked for transformation sequence.
2/10 dropped.
I kid. Really, though, Firefox should be the better-at-everything rival. Chrome would be the emotionless girl. Give it vaguely yuri undertones and we're set! In other words, make it Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation for internet browsers.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 05:40PM EST

"When I was younger, I used to be a clumsy, slow, and awkward girl."

But seriously, as much as I hate Internet Explorer, this is actually pretty cool. I've got to give them my (probably ill-placed) respect.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 06:01PM EST

I am AHO Right? wrote:

>Not becoming naked for transformation sequence.
2/10 dropped.
I kid. Really, though, Firefox should be the better-at-everything rival. Chrome would be the emotionless girl. Give it vaguely yuri undertones and we're set! In other words, make it Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation for internet browsers.

Firefox is magical cat-girl shrine maiden thing, Chrome is uncanny robot girl, Safari is a navigation AI, and suddenly it becomes a tragic underdog story with Explorer as the (possibly) last human in a post-apocalyptic future of cybernetic organisms OH MY GOD IT'S ALL COMING INTO FOCUS NOW. Include Opera or IceWeasel and they could even become a five (wo)man band fighting some greater threat.

I use IE at work, because some sites I use prefer Internet Explorer. So I'm not unacquainted with it (although I'm running 7, I believe. I've never bothered to check.) I usually float between Chrome and….Opera.

And yet, I don't want anyone to hover around my desk and wonder why a 16-year old girl is on my work laptop.

I am confused.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 08:10PM EST

Eheheheh, the fanart coming out.

Also, there's already cosplay, too.

The reason for her name is equally hilarious.

"she could definitely use a prayer."

Anyway, it's not the first time MichaelSroft made a moe-tan.

Madobe Nanami was first. (Windows 7)

Then Madobe Yuu and Ai (Windows 8)

Aizawa Hikaru (Silverlight)

So they've been trying to market to the animu fans by turning their products into waifus for a while now. Also, there's already a tag for Inori Aizawa on paheal. I lol'd.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 08:50PM EST

"When I was younger, I used to be a clumsy, slow and awkward girl".

"I feel confident in my abilities now, and I'm eager to show you what I can do".

Nice try but no, I'm comfortable with my browser that doesn't try to hit me in the feels. It's nice to see they're trying to make it better, but it's too late in the game to make an overhaul with so many good browsers out there now to compete with. I don't see them getting anywhere with this. (as kawaii as Inori is).

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 01:27AM EST

Papa Coolface wrote:

The holy 34th rule must be fulfilled!

Are you saying you haven't seen any yet? I'm pretty sure there is without even looking.

Although I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on Tumblr yet

Sooo… How long until the other browsers step up their game?

I know, I know, IE can't really compete with the other browsers. But you cannot deny that this… Kawaii-ification attract a lot of attention.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

That is exactly how I.E works.

• Run away from viruses
  • Get hit by one
  • Get protected by an antivirus
  • Gain abilities and a new look
  • Fight the viruses
  • Get ridiculousy slow
    wat

RandomMan wrote:

Kinda late to that party, it was already available within the first 24 hours.

I kinda guessed so, after all Rule 34 is a powerful one.

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 12:35PM EST

Dac wrote:

She's pretty cute. It would be cool if all the other browsers had anime mascots as well.

Let me introduce you to Google+ Tan and the hell it will surely pull us into.

Last edited Nov 14, 2013 at 03:32PM EST

Carno's end. wrote:

You know what we haven't seen? Safari-tan.

I made one in like 5 minutes on this website. It's not very kawaii however.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!