Forums / Discussion / General

232,632 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

Share your national cuisines tier list

Last posted Feb 18, 2021 at 01:41AM EST. Added Feb 16, 2021 at 11:34AM EST
8 posts from 5 users

"Heaven in Europe is where the English are the policemen, the French are the cooks. the German are the mechanics, the Italians are the lovers, and the Swiss organize everything

"Hell in Europe is where the German are the policemen, the English are the cooks, the French are the mechanics, the Swiss are the lovers, and the Italians organize everything."

Is your name Leonidas? Because you seem ready to dine in hell.

S: Southern Cuisine. Fried Chicken and BBQ all the way.

A: American, Greek, Italian, Japanese, German (This is why I don't use your tier list maker).

B: Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Egyptian.

Everything else I either haven't eaten or haven't eaten enough to have an opinion on it.

Caveats:
I love sushi, and most American-version of Japanese food. I haven't been to Japan and the closest I get is "little tokyo" in LA.

I put Turkish food not just because of Turkish food but in general Middle Eastern cuisine – which I actually did have in the ME and it's super DUPER good.

Chinese flag – i never had actual chinese food, but I do like American version of Chinese food.

I put Georgian food above Russian cuisine because I grew up with Russian cuisine and I find it meh, compared to the more Caucasus and Central Asian cuisine which I felt the Georgian flag represented better. And yes, Polish is different and better than Russian food.

Chewybunny wrote:

Now when someone posts that they like Japanese and Chinese food do they mean actual Japanese and Chinese cuisine or American version of it?

I've been to both China and Japan (spent much more time in China though) and my take is that Americanized Japanese food is better than authentic Japanese food, whereas authentic Chinese food is better than Americanized Chinese food.

I found authentic Japanese food surprisingly bland, although it has enough merits to still be S or A tier.

Meanwhile authentic Chinese food has like dozens of regional varieties, my favorite of which is Sichuan cuisine wherein every single dish is bright fucking red (just search it up on Google images) because of the insane amount of spice they put in everything. Americanized Chinese food on the other hand feels stripped down and designed to accommodate very milquetoast palates. I do appreciate how cheap it is though.

Bri'ish food

I adore haggis and black pudding and kidney pudding and all the other Bri'ish dishes that repulse Americans. I ate them for the first time on a cruise vacation (coincidentally the same trip where I visited China and Japan) and since then I've been searching for them in America to no avail.

Did you know that it's literally illegal to import authentic haggis? I know because I've paid exorbitant prices to buy tins of fake watered-down haggis on Amazon. Something in the ingredients list is banned by the US govt., I think it's the sheep entrails.

Last edited Feb 18, 2021 at 01:36AM EST

Particle Mare wrote:

I've been to both China and Japan (spent much more time in China though) and my take is that Americanized Japanese food is better than authentic Japanese food, whereas authentic Chinese food is better than Americanized Chinese food.

I found authentic Japanese food surprisingly bland, although it has enough merits to still be S or A tier.

Meanwhile authentic Chinese food has like dozens of regional varieties, my favorite of which is Sichuan cuisine wherein every single dish is bright fucking red (just search it up on Google images) because of the insane amount of spice they put in everything. Americanized Chinese food on the other hand feels stripped down and designed to accommodate very milquetoast palates. I do appreciate how cheap it is though.

Bri'ish food

I adore haggis and black pudding and kidney pudding and all the other Bri'ish dishes that repulse Americans. I ate them for the first time on a cruise vacation (coincidentally the same trip where I visited China and Japan) and since then I've been searching for them in America to no avail.

Did you know that it's literally illegal to import authentic haggis? I know because I've paid exorbitant prices to buy tins of fake watered-down haggis on Amazon. Something in the ingredients list is banned by the US govt., I think it's the sheep entrails.

>Bri'ish food
I rather like fish and chips

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!