Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,770 total conversations in 9,945 threads

+ New Thread

Beards. What do you think of them?

Last posted Jul 30, 2013 at 10:49PM EDT. Added Jul 27, 2013 at 10:29PM EDT
31 posts from 27 users

So I recently decided to grow out my beard because I've never done it and why not? So KYM, what do you think about beards? Are they cool or not cool? Are they overrated or underrated? Are they attractive or unattractive?

I've seen a combination of various medias claiming beard growing to be the manly thing to do and that men should grow their beards. I grew up in a family where men shaved and I always considered shaving my face to be particularly manly, but not contrarily manly to growing it out.

Men of KYM (or women), do you feel more manly shaving or growing it out? Beard thread below!

I had a goatee until a few too many girls told me to shave it off. Damn. I thought I looked good in that. I kept it groomed as well. Leaving it at about 1cm length and shaving off the neckbeard

I think the problem is that my Goatee was too sparse. Neither thick/bushy nor did it have a defined pencil line. If there's not enough density, it just looks like bum fluff.

Today I just keep the soul patch because it's hard to shave there because I like having a little bit of facial hair just so I don't look too underage. I detest neckbeards and keep the rest of my face shaven at all times.

being 19 i don't have a full grown beard just yet but i am close
now i always found it awesome to have a really manly beard
the problem is what type of beard should you grow? and is it even possible
both my father and my big brother shave since they can't grow a "real" beard (or that was their excuse last time i asked)

now to the core of your question

go for a little time and let it grow if you think it suits you keep it if not just shave it off
(optional: try different types of beard before you decide if it is something for you)

Viuff, The Ancient Waifumancer wrote:

being 19 i don't have a full grown beard just yet but i am close
now i always found it awesome to have a really manly beard
the problem is what type of beard should you grow? and is it even possible
both my father and my big brother shave since they can't grow a "real" beard (or that was their excuse last time i asked)

now to the core of your question

go for a little time and let it grow if you think it suits you keep it if not just shave it off
(optional: try different types of beard before you decide if it is something for you)

You should grow and maintain the great BEARDSTACHE

I assure you my marriage is perfectly valid, and I resent the insinuation… Oh, you're talking about facial hair? Never mind.

I don't tend to like beards, but occasionally I'm too lazy to shave.

I don't like having facial hair myself, but My dad randomly decided to let his beard grow out…and now he looks like a long lost relative of those Duck Dynasty dudes. Sometimes people will just walk up to him and rub his beard for no reason. I'm not making that up.

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

If I could grow a beard, I would love them. As it stands, my pitiful stubble is no match for the manly facial locks of my peers.

So I guess I envy beards more than anything.

Asian here. I look like a pedophile when I try to grow a beard.

Actually, I can only grow a pedo-stache.

^and not even this long :(

Last edited Jul 29, 2013 at 01:52PM EDT

I look naked without SOME stubble or beard. But, I some times get it too long where I have to shave it all off to get some relief. Got a styling electric razor for christmas, so when I'm not too lazy, I can keep it trimmed and keep a beard.

I've actually always wondered if it were possible to fashion a beard in such a way that you'd be able to puncture human flesh with it. If it were possible, would beards become illegal?

Either way, beards are alright. Go with whatever works for you.

Digoxin wrote:

I think beards are cool on other people. But I don't like any kind of hair other than the one growing on my head.

You only have one hair growing on your head? That must look odd.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I've actually always wondered if it were possible to fashion a beard in such a way that you'd be able to puncture human flesh with it. If it were possible, would beards become illegal?

Either way, beards are alright. Go with whatever works for you.

No. They'd be championed! The NBA (National Beard Association), a beard owner's rights advocacy group, would spring from the concerns of good ol' down to earth bearded Americans. Through their efforts, the right to have beards would be engraved into the US constitution with the 28th amendment. Beard fans world wide rejoice. However, things soon turn sour for the NBA. Big Cosmetics would co opt the humble association, turning it into a lobby group to push the sales of hair sharping cremes. The small beard owners that brought the institution to life would lose all power in it. As beard weaponizing products become more and more commonplace, beard related deaths rise. Big Cosmetics, blinded by profit, continue to push for the availability of their beard lethalizing products. Eventually they grow so powerful that all male citizens of voting age are forced to grow a beard and compete with it in a gladiator duel to the death. Whoever wins is allowed to spread their seed to all the beardless ones in the hope of creating the most perfectly bearded super warrior to fight off all the other countries. The end.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!