Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,891 total conversations in 4,542 threads

+ New Thread

Danbo

Last posted Apr 10, 2012 at 05:34PM EDT. Added Apr 10, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT
5 posts from 3 users

""

I've been doing some researching of this little guy, and discovered it has quite a following on deviantArt and Flickr, and the Google Image results for Danbo are sorta through the roof. I wanna know if this deserves an entry? If so, I might need some help since it originated from Japan.

Danbo is a character from the 2nd best manga ever, Yotsuba by Kiyohiko Azuma, creator of the best manga ever Azumanga Daioh. "danbo" is just a cardboard robot costume made by two of the main characters (named after the japanese word for cardboard), which fools Yotsuba into thinking its a real robot.

The "character" certainly has a unusually large fanbase despite appearing only twice in the entire manga so far, and with the creation of a official Danbo figma, photos of the figurine have become very popular. I'd certainly say Danbo has a good internet presence, but as to whether or not it deserves a page i'm not sure. We may need some opinions from other users and mods beforehand.

If a page does created eventually though, id certainly be willing to help out (as Yotsuba rules).

Last edited Apr 10, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT

Mr Bumhole #1 Fan Of Osaka wrote:

Danbo is a character from the 2nd best manga ever, Yotsuba by Kiyohiko Azuma, creator of the best manga ever Azumanga Daioh. "danbo" is just a cardboard robot costume made by two of the main characters (named after the japanese word for cardboard), which fools Yotsuba into thinking its a real robot.

The "character" certainly has a unusually large fanbase despite appearing only twice in the entire manga so far, and with the creation of a official Danbo figma, photos of the figurine have become very popular. I'd certainly say Danbo has a good internet presence, but as to whether or not it deserves a page i'm not sure. We may need some opinions from other users and mods beforehand.

If a page does created eventually though, id certainly be willing to help out (as Yotsuba rules).

I've already uploaded the entry, and since you already want to help, I'm gonna add you as an editor.

Tomberry wrote:

That's odd. I clearly remember Mellow (or was it Blah-tan, at that time?) talking about it 1 or two years ago. I thought we already had an entry back then…
Oh, actually, it was Trick-lobo
I guess now it's done!

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that thread. I'm guessing it never took off, and was forgotten.

I also want say that @Dr.PepperFan, I already knew Danbo came from Yotsuba, and if you want to change anything in the entry, go right ahead.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!