Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,830 total conversations in 4,534 threads

+ New Thread

Nancy Drew subculture?

Last posted Mar 04, 2016 at 04:31AM EST. Added Mar 04, 2016 at 02:55AM EST
2 posts from 2 users

I just realized that we don't have an entry on Nancy Drew.
Does she have enough of a precense on the internet on the internet to warrant an article? I've seen a few "Hark, a Vagrant" strips featuring her, and the ovassional reference, but not much else.
I mean, I suppose we shouldn't have an entry for every book series (although I think it would be funny reading a clinically written one for "The Magic Treehouse" or "Animorphs") but then again, a lot of serialized manga and comics get their own entries, some a lot more popular, some questionably not as much.
I don't really know what to think, but I figured I'd raise the question.

I don't think there's much to write about in the entry if someone does get around to making it. I was more of a Hardy Boys reader myself. DeviantArt yields a mere 3,122 results for Nancy Drew. There are some cosplays here and there but like I said there's not much, especially compared to stuff like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Lord of the Rings which got 503,428, 99,535, and 123,926 results respectively. I'm not saying DeviantArt shows exactly how big the subculture is but seeing as how it's one of the biggest hubs for fan-art and cosplays it's a pretty good indicator.

If ever a meme spawned from Nancy Drew, a meme entry would suffice. A good example would be how we don't have a God Hand subculture entry because the cult following is really puny, but we do have a page for God Hand Edit.

Bonus:
The closest thing I could find that could be called a meme are these

They got around a thousand notes so again not much, and they're all made by the same tumblr blog so…

Last edited Mar 04, 2016 at 04:37AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!