Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,829 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

Special Meme Fresh

Last posted Mar 08, 2016 at 08:46AM EST. Added Mar 06, 2016 at 08:07PM EST
18 posts from 7 users

Special Meme Fresh is a facebook page with a tumblr branch that appears to have started a fair number of memes. They have the earliest results I could find for dank memes, gnome child, and this is snek. The page came to my and a few other people on irc's attention when the long boy page was made, which also originates from special meme fresh. Not only that, the layers of irony comic also originates from there. The page also has the most popular spread I could find for I'm you, but stronger.

So, could it be possible that a ton of memes have originated from this one facebook page?

It certainly seems possible. /b/, /tv/ and /pol/ already have originated a number of memes themselves, so it's not impossible that this page is their Facebook equivalent.

hello, I was asked to post here by a fan so here i am
It is true, I made the "born just in time to browse dank memes" image, long boy, layers of irony, and a bunch of other things that i've seen around the internet. which by the way are often misunderstood in some way. if you have any questions feel free

specialmemefresh wrote:

It is true, I made the "born just in time to browse dank memes" image, long boy, layers of irony, and a bunch of other things that i've seen around the internet. which by the way are often misunderstood in some way. if you have any questions feel free

I have a question. Is it true that This Is Snek and Gnome Child originated on your page?

Dreamworks wrote:

I have a question. Is it true that This Is Snek and Gnome Child originated on your page?

I may have had a hand in popularizing this is snek, I posted a few edits and "snek" became a meme on my page (http://imgur.com/a/b7E4R) but other than that I don't think so. Gnome child was already a meme before my page but me (and some other pages) knew him as "Elf man", the cough syrup drinking elf with a love for memes. Here is a bunch of elf man memes from back then http://imgur.com/a/TZwFg
as far as I can tell the current conception of gnome child and his relation with dank memes was caused by the "born just in time" image I made

specialmemefresh wrote:

Where did the 3D head model come from? Also, why did you post that KnowYourMeme forum screenshot long ago in your FB page?

ShiJo wrote:

Where did the 3D head model come from? Also, why did you post that KnowYourMeme forum screenshot long ago in your FB page?

To my knowledge it was a wonky attempt at a human head posted on 4chan's 3DCG board long ago.
As for the second part, I don't know what you're referring to.

whats 9+10 wrote:

what was your first reasoning for creating your facebook page?

also obligatory: who are you?

I had a dream that I made an ironic meme page called Special meme fresh, so I did it.
As for who I am I don't know what worth that would have, i'm special meme fresh (and also hxle ) and that's really the extent of anything interesting about me.

specialmemefresh wrote:

I had a dream that I made an ironic meme page called Special meme fresh, so I did it.
As for who I am I don't know what worth that would have, i'm special meme fresh (and also hxle ) and that's really the extent of anything interesting about me.

i was hoping you would reply with "i'm you but stronger" but thank you for the in depth response haha

whats 9+10 wrote:

i was hoping you would reply with "i'm you but stronger" but thank you for the in depth response haha

i have been memed

Dreamworks wrote:

Hey, did Smonk Weed come from your page or somewhere else? I've seen that in other places recently.

I believe so, starting here and the more popular meme here

Dreamworks wrote:

I've seen a fair amount of edits this thing recently and the earliest image I can find of it is from your page. Did you make it?

I made that edit, though I think the dog template was already a thing

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!