Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

the soylent grin / nu-male smile

Last posted Jan 03, 2018 at 01:02PM EST. Added Jan 03, 2018 at 11:12AM EST
5 posts from 5 users

was wondering if the sudden rise in 'soylent grin' edits and memes could warrant a new entry around here. they've been around for maybe a month or two now.

short overview of it so far; 4chan users have come to ridicule an alleged nu-male exclusive smile (wide eyes, mouth widely agape) following the popularity of the phrase 'soyboy', which has especially gained some traction after Christmas 2017 gave many people some Nintendo Switch as gifts.

Most relentlessly shitposted during its original inception with the celebration photo of the No Mans Sky dev team and several screen capped Twitter posts;

after a few weeks of tug and war between shitposters and 4chan janitors several edits of Wojack and other characters showed up, which should all be compiled here;

https://m.imgur.com/a/W0Ugk

grabbed as many as I could since threads tend to get posted and get shot down immediately. so what do you think, something that will pass and be forgotten and shouldn't have an article, or not?

I honestly find that facial expression a bit on the disturbing and unsettling side, I'm not sure if it's the fact that their eyes look as if they're about to pop out of their sockets or if it's the fact that I can accurately identify and count each of their dental fillings due to the impossibly open mouth. In fact this facial expression looks like it would be more appropriate if made by a young child, which is probably why I find it creepy now that I think about it. Adult doing children things are always unnerving.

Middle-aged, balding, bearded "men" reacting like little kids to receiving toys. I know stereotyping is bad, but that's exactly how I imagined those fabled basement dwelling virgins.

Should it just be added to the nu-male article?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!