Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,827 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

Abridged Series article recast

Last posted Jan 19, 2020 at 06:45PM EST. Added Jan 13, 2020 at 04:07AM EST
5 posts from 4 users

Posting this in the forum as well, since there might not be enough public coverage from the article's comment:

I plan on working on the already existing Abridged Series article in order to put it to date with the recent history of the medium, as well as to clean its structuring and make it easier to read. Of course, me being a fan of those series doesn't mean I will have all good cards in my deck, and that's where you guys can lend me a hand.
Some help for editing the format is appreciated from you editing veterans, although this would probably be more relevant once I've added all the information I must. For now, the following informations are relevant to my interests:
- Are there any popular abridged series in languages besides English (which I can handle) and French (my native language, so researching them will be easy) ?
- Are there any anecdotes worth mentioning when talking about abridged series as a whole, or specific popular abridged series, that aren't in the article yet?
- Are there any popular memes that originated from abridged series? (The current sub-entries for this article are Card Games On Motorcycles and Screw The Rules I Have Money )
Thanks in advance for your contribution.

Last edited Jan 13, 2020 at 07:22AM EST

I think Dragonball Z Abridged has some well known phrases like "You Could Grind Meat on Those", but since I am not close to the abridged fandom I cannot tell to what extend those spawned derivatives and memes.

I haven't seen them myself but I know a few that may be needed on the article
- SAO abridged (the fact that is more liked than the original)
- Hellsing

(Does Friendship is witchcraft count? a lot of the songs and plots are an important part of the brony fandom)

As for Spanish ones I don't know, I barely check any videos/content in Spanish.

Last edited Jan 19, 2020 at 11:07AM EST

I don't know much about Abridges, other than knowing that I enjoy them, but I think its important to notice that before there was anime, there were western cartoon dubs like GI Joe PSA's and I'm the Juggernaut Bitch. These are quite similar to what we know today, but came in shorter forms.

Also Dub of the North Star was a modestly popular abridge. Might be worth checking it out.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!