Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Memes you dont understand

Last posted Jun 23, 2020 at 04:58AM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2020 at 08:27PM EDT
17 posts from 13 users

poochyena wrote:

I didn't understand loss for a good while, but then grew to love it.

Personally, its the worse webcomic I've ever seen.

The one I least understand is all these white Twitter lobotomites constantly posting "bomboclaat" on everything. Not only is it incredibly fucking stupid and pointlessly gimmicky when it's much easier for everyone else if you just said "caption this", it's also a Jamaican word that (according to Jamaicans) roughly translates to "period rag" and is considered a grievous insult. It'd be like posting videos with "Katze Wichser!" expecting people to caption it.

PatrickBateman96 wrote:

harambe

same. at this point I don't fucking get why the gorilla was memed on so much. just a bunch of 12 year olds went "HAHA A GORILLA DIE NOW HE MEEEEEM GAWD!".

Imagine a real fucking human being dying, never living a very impactful or significant life but for whatever reason people find out about the person's funeral and they meme hard about it, photoshop their corpse everywhere and the person is now considered a "meme god" for literally no reason other than their funeral was slightly funny to a bunch of 12 year olds.

enjoy the existential dread my dudes.

I probably sound mediocre at wording this but I'm conflicted about "r/okbuddyretard" kind of memes – ironic memes that aim to poke fun at surreal humour. I think the appeal is like ghoulish over kill? You like it because of how crazy and exaggerated it is. But I can't help but wonder if people like them unironically.

Evilthing wrote:

The NOBODY: thing

It got old really fast.

Yeah, I always thought the "NOBODY:" part was kind of redundant. At least after the meme took off.

I'll admit, the first time I saw it was on some JK Rowling meme, but the joke was funny because JK Rowling's tweets are laughable on their own. I guess saying "nobody" before it just furthered the fact that no one asks her to confirm these outlandish facts about Harry Potter or whatnot

Like you said though, it became tiring and overused fast. Along the way, it lost meaning, and became less about mocking unasked for comments. People just dumped it before any comment they were going to make for no reason than to farm likes. (e.g. – "nobody: . . . me: Not gonna lie. that was an awesome video man!")

Kenetic Kups wrote:

the original doge
i’m glad people have morphed it i to something entertaining now

I actually understand the original doge and its photoshop edits.

What I didn't understand was that "SUCH X" and "VERY X" thing in comic sans.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!