Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Announcements] the departure of the Dubs

Last posted Mar 01, 2010 at 04:50PM EST. Added Feb 26, 2010 at 02:37PM EST
34 posts from 30 users

Hi gang. I'm both excited & sad to announce that today is my last day as an employee of Rocketboom. I'll still be a mod & a contributor to the KYM website, but won't be appearing in future videos or working on the website code.

I'm super proud of everything we've made during the 3 years I've been here -- Know Your Meme has gone from some goofy ideas about wearing labcoats and talking about rickroll to a dedicated writing staff, 30+ videos and the unbelievable community that's developed here on the site and built it into the 500,000+ pageviews/day powerhouse of internet knowledge that it is today.

Seriously: this place is built on the hard work & research of everyone, staff & non-staff alike, and I see this change as me simply moving from one side of that equation to the other. :)

I'll be continuing to publish my work with the FAT Lab and on my blog, http://jamiew.tumblr.com

I'm also on Twitter http://twitter.com/jamiew and many of you know how to find me on Facebook :)

Last edited Jul 21, 2010 at 08:44PM EDT

But you're the (unofficial) face of KYM! ='(

Wat is this I dont even

Edit: On further speculation, it would be in poor taste to send off one of the original members of KYM in meme form. Therefore, on behalf of all oldfags and newfags, I salute you Mr. Dubs, and although you may not be in any more episodes, I hope you continue to provide useful information for KYM and pursue any goal your heart desires.

It seems like only yesterday when I made this…

Last edited Feb 26, 2010 at 07:40PM EST
Jamie, you’re still super cool if you work for Rocketboom or not.

It’s terrible you won’t be in the videos anymore, though.

This, in over 9000 ways…

Well Jamie, we'll all miss you. I have no idea who will replace you, outside of the lines that it won't be me, and will miss you greatly. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Vlad

It's sad to see you go, Dubmeister, but I'm pretty sure that you'll be doing great with your life outside of Rocketboom. I'll miss seeing you in the webisodes though. :( But, let's not dwell on sad things.

As a form of farewell, I'm going to present this work-in-progress fan art of you that I wanted to present to you when I was done with it but then again, what the hey. Enjoy the unfinished art and the rest of your happy days, King Jamie! You shall never be forgotten!

[[I'll post the finished product when I get it done ;D]]

Correction: I won't be taking Jamie's place in episodes. I've taken on some more responsibilities with Rocketboom, but we're bringing on two new Internet Scientists: Mike and Patrick. You'll see them in the future.

Also, I've said this a million times already, but it can't be said enough. Everything that Jamie does is AMAZING. When I first learned that he was leaving, I was stunned. But he's going on to do some more awesome things, and he's still going to be a member of the site. It's just that he won't have to "work" on the site. He did a lot of great things here, and it's true that it's the end of an era. But it's also the beginning of some fresh changes, many that some of you have seen already, and some more in the very near future!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BRUSH YOUR BEARD TWICE FOR ME.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!