Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Riff-Raff] Countdown to RandomMan deactivating megathread

Last posted May 04, 2016 at 01:41AM EDT. Added Apr 26, 2016 at 11:55AM EDT
136 posts from 66 users

When the presence of one cancer cell is considered more important than the wishes of the entire mod team, this is no longer a team I wish to be a part off. If this issue is not resolved in a week, I am deactivating. That is an ultimatum I am presenting over Don’s absolute shit decision making. Don utterly destroyed any hope for improvement I had left. That last part is shared by a lot of mods right now.

RM has been an important part of the website for several years now and (unless someone else beat the record, maybe PM) the quickest user to ever be promoted to mod ranking. His hard work and dedication has been invaluable to the meme database and the site as a whole.

Unfortunately he will be BTFO seven days from now when the administration decide to keep doing their jobs and not pay attention to a small group of volunteers who don't understand what their place is in the memesite hierarchy.

post all news, speculation and fond memories itt

Last edited Apr 26, 2016 at 11:57AM EDT

Random, in the mod team, there’s a stigma against you. It’s as simple as that.
I’m not joking -- these admins may tell you what to do to solve it, but it won’t help. You’ve done some negative or annoying things in the past. A lot of negative and annoying things. And to some, that image of you will stay for a very long time, even if you improve yourself.
It sucks. I know. But that’s just the way it is. I suggest getting a clean start -- deactivating and trying again, or just not posting for a while and come back to a fresh set of admins. Maybe you think that the staff is toxic, or just full of assholes, and you’d be right. All internet companies are. There will almost always be a mob mentality to any online community you visit.
Sorry you’ve met this fate. You’re not dead in the water, but your options now are limited. Good luck.

Taneera wrote:

'Tis a shame that RM is deactivating. He's done quite a great job here. Now, the question, once he deactivates (that is if he is seriously considering it.), who will take his place?

>I-I'ts not like I want his media p-powers or anything!

>I-I’ts not like I want his media p-powers or anything!

IT'S ME, RANDOMMAN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

I was the one who got the admins to stop communicating with the mods and force RM to deactivate, and I did it all just so I could take his mod powers from his cold, deactivated hands! And you all bought it! You all bought it hook, line, and sinker! Even Don bought it!

ShiJo wrote:

>I-I'ts not like I want his media p-powers or anything!

Clearly, this was a ruse to obtain RM's media powers for myself.

But in all seriousness, I have no interest in obtaining media powers as I got other business outside of here to take care. Plus, I wouldn't be much help at all.

I was just curious on who will replace RM himself. Will it just an existing mod that will take his place or will it just be another hand picked mod that will take over?

After a long deliberation, the admins have decided to make Epyc Wyn the new head mod. Taryn was a close second.

Last edited Apr 26, 2016 at 03:09PM EDT

Don wrote:

After a long deliberation, the admins have decided to make Epyc Wyn the new head mod. Taryn was a close second.

M E M E D O N
E
M
E
D
O
N

Don wrote:

Unban pachirisu and make him a database moderator while you are at it.

Last edited Apr 26, 2016 at 03:16PM EDT

Don wrote:

Things Don has time to do:
[ ] listen to the KYM community
[ ] respond to council threads
[ ] respond to suggest ideas threads
[ ] Moderate KYM in general
[ ] admit he is sometimes wrong
[ ] listen to mods
[ ] look up the correct entry to upload a video or image
[ ] make sure the image you frontpage is not a repost
[ ] change the rules to reflect the current regulations
[ ] change the entry template to show the correct headers
[ ] make sure you aren't doing the literal exact opposite of what the entire mod team agreed upon months ago
[ ] make sure you get Kirby's birthday correct
[ ] not list an aircraft carrier as a battleship
[X] respond to Riff Raff threads about a moderator who desperately wanst to help you and make the site become a better place, literally using the last option that believe they have available to get literally any chance at a cooperative discussion to take place and mocking them for it.

Last edited Apr 26, 2016 at 03:42PM EDT

Jill wrote:

Things Don has time to do:
[ ] listen to the KYM community
[ ] respond to council threads
[ ] respond to suggest ideas threads
[ ] Moderate KYM in general
[ ] admit he is sometimes wrong
[ ] listen to mods
[ ] look up the correct entry to upload a video or image
[ ] make sure the image you frontpage is not a repost
[ ] change the rules to reflect the current regulations
[ ] change the entry template to show the correct headers
[ ] make sure you aren't doing the literal exact opposite of what the entire mod team agreed upon months ago
[ ] make sure you get Kirby's birthday correct
[ ] not list an aircraft carrier as a battleship
[X] respond to Riff Raff threads about a moderator who desperately wanst to help you and make the site become a better place, literally using the last option that believe they have available to get literally any chance at a cooperative discussion to take place and mocking them for it.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

0.9999...=1 wrote:

"Aw, I hope he does deactivate."

Roy G. Savage

Autocomplete and sleep deprivation as a result of insomnia are not a good mix.

Captain Blubber wrote:

i thought he was saying that epyc AND taryn were going to be head mods, my joke isn't as funny with what he actually said

are you still planning to fly out to las vegas in order to court lisa, the top xenophobe in a memesite

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I just woke up, do the mods legit think they're more important to the site than the admins now? That's hilarious.

MiloticExalted wrote:

I just woke up, do the mods legit think they're more important to the site than the admins now? That's hilarious.

it's actually about ethics in memesite moderation

Lets be real here, mods are being whiny lil bitches. Admins shouldn't bend the rules for Epyc, but you dont have to be a little pussy and leave because of an admins decision.

MiloticExalted wrote:

once again a brilliant post from a user with no insight or understanding of the topic at hand.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!