Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Anybody else think nick is dead?

Last posted Sep 06, 2014 at 06:56AM EDT. Added Sep 03, 2014 at 05:08PM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

Can we all agree on the fact that nickelodeon is dead? like, seriously. there is NO creativity to any of their recent shows, and just to give you an overhead view of what i mean, i'll give you quick reviews of 3 of their worst offenders, breadwinners, sanjay and craig, and modern spongebob.

Breadwinners: Non-stop butt and gross out jokes. even if they removed all of that, hardly any of the plots are interesting in the slightest.

Sanjay and craig: See above.

Spongebob: they have pretty much sapped spongebob dry of any creativity and humor. Most of the humor is either disgusting close up's or overly creepy stuff that pushes the envelope for what a kids show SHOULD have.
so in conclusion, please share your thoughts on nickelodeons current programming, and if you agree with me that they're pretty much dead.

Kekkats wrote:

The Legend of Korra and TMNT are good.

Sanjay and Craig is a hit and miss.

It is my opinion.

yep, korra was awesome. But i heard that nickelodeon actually moved it to online only, which is a huge fucking shame. TMNT is just not my cup of coffee, though. It isn't that its bad, i just dont think it's my kind of show.

tytygigas wrote:

Can we all agree on the fact that nickelodeon is dead? like, seriously. there is NO creativity to any of their recent shows, and just to give you an overhead view of what i mean, i'll give you quick reviews of 3 of their worst offenders, breadwinners, sanjay and craig, and modern spongebob.

Breadwinners: Non-stop butt and gross out jokes. even if they removed all of that, hardly any of the plots are interesting in the slightest.

Sanjay and craig: See above.

Spongebob: they have pretty much sapped spongebob dry of any creativity and humor. Most of the humor is either disgusting close up's or overly creepy stuff that pushes the envelope for what a kids show SHOULD have.
so in conclusion, please share your thoughts on nickelodeons current programming, and if you agree with me that they're pretty much dead.

"Non-stop butt and gross-out jokes"

So I take it you didn't like this show? (Technically Nickelodeon didn't make it, but it was still on their network…)

Last edited Sep 03, 2014 at 07:57PM EDT

The Breadwinners is just another one uninspiring cartoon with nothing special to show and no reason to watch it. This, if you skip the bad animation and the unfunny jokes. As about Sanjay and Craig, I think this was Nick's attempt to make a Beavis and Butt-head spin off for kids and teens. Not a bad show, but I can see what you mean. And yes, I have to agree. Spongebob from season 4 is unwatchable. A few good episodes, a few terrible episodes, and the rest of them uncreative and uninspiring.

For me, Nickelodeon is notorious for bad shows, such as Ren & Stimpy, Rocket Monkeys, and Planet Sheen. Well, every company has made a few dad stuff, like DreamWorks and even Disney. However I can't forget beautiful shows, such as Hey Arnold, Real Monsters, Rocket Power, CatDog (OK, that show was indeed a hit and miss), Avatar and T.M.N.T., so I can't consider Nick dead… yet.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!