Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Disney announced 'Frozen 2'

Last posted Mar 24, 2015 at 08:20PM EDT. Added Mar 12, 2015 at 04:15PM EDT
28 posts from 23 users

Not only is Frozen going to be on Broadway. But it's getting an official sequel.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/disney-announces-frozen-2-1201451480/

Am I the only one who doesn't think Disney's just trying to get money? I mean, I'm not a big fan of Frozen and the first Frozen would be fine without a sequel, but….

Kinda feel like all the "milking the cash cow" reaction exists purely because of hype-backlash…

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Disney's just trying to get money? I mean, I'm not a big fan of Frozen and the first Frozen would be fine without a sequel, but….

Kinda feel like all the "milking the cash cow" reaction exists purely because of hype-backlash…

It's totally a cash grab. Disney may seem like a big friendly company that makes kids happy, but at the end of the day they're a business, and a businesses' purpous is to make money. I can guarantee that if Frozen wasn't so successful, they would've scrapped it and tried something else that would get them more revenue. It's a fundamental business tactic: if a lot of people like it, make more of it. (ex: COD and the influx of FPS games, superhero movies, iPhones, etc)

Last edited Mar 12, 2015 at 05:06PM EDT

I hoped it wouldn't happen but it did anyways, and I'm not surprised. I'm a huge fan of the film, but I really just wish it would stop there. I like the conclusion and I don't see where they could go from here. We all know Disney's history with sequels and cash grabs and it's not very good. They would be better off making new and exciting things in my opinion. I'm not against lots of sequels in movies or any entertainment really, but just the way Frozen ended and as I said how Disney seems incapable of making decent sequels for some reason make me really iffy about it.

I remember when Frozen was still pre-hype backlash and a lot of people were saying they would love to see a sequel to flesh out the story and universe more. Of course, Disney has a horrid track record when it comes to sequels (especially of the straight-to-video variety) so the odds are it's not gonna actually be good at all. Then again they may take a leaf out of Dreamworks' book and actually put effort and care into it this time. I'm going to be a bit of an optimist here and say I think this could turn out well, but we'll really just have to wait and see. Really the only thing I'm dreading here is the anti-Frozen troupe bitching about the sequel until the end of times. Seriously, if there's anyone who can't let it go it's the anti-Frozen people.

That reminds me, wasn't there a Wreck-it-Ralph sequel confirmed a while ago too? Man, people really forgot about that one, didn't they?

at least it's not direct2dvd, so they may put some effort in it
disney doesn't have a history of grea sequels though

Last edited Mar 13, 2015 at 03:25PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

I remember when Frozen was still pre-hype backlash and a lot of people were saying they would love to see a sequel to flesh out the story and universe more. Of course, Disney has a horrid track record when it comes to sequels (especially of the straight-to-video variety) so the odds are it's not gonna actually be good at all. Then again they may take a leaf out of Dreamworks' book and actually put effort and care into it this time. I'm going to be a bit of an optimist here and say I think this could turn out well, but we'll really just have to wait and see. Really the only thing I'm dreading here is the anti-Frozen troupe bitching about the sequel until the end of times. Seriously, if there's anyone who can't let it go it's the anti-Frozen people.

That reminds me, wasn't there a Wreck-it-Ralph sequel confirmed a while ago too? Man, people really forgot about that one, didn't they?

Wreck-It-Ralph 2 is in development. And frankly, I cannot wait more to see it.

Cecaelia Girlie wrote:

In fairness Disney did have a reputation for sequels some of which I liked but know other people hate (The Little Mermaid II) and others were just mediocre.

Also they bought Pixar, which made Cars 2 and Planes so…yeah.

I'm interested in seeing how well this turns out.

Last edited Mar 17, 2015 at 11:18PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!