Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Frozen 2 Trailer

Last posted Feb 17, 2019 at 12:17AM EST. Added Feb 13, 2019 at 10:01AM EST
14 posts from 12 users

Very Obvious and Popular Opinion (probably, don't quote me on that): You know, I think the first movie is good, not that good, but good enough for me, it sure ain't bad.
And I don't care how much merchandise Disney is gonna shove, I don't care how Disney literally just shoved a 20 minute short of Olaf doing unfunny garbage on a movie that I ACTUALLY WANTED TO WATCH, I don't care how many times I have to hear "Let it Go" or "Do you want to build a snowman?". My opinion on the first movie will still remain: "Ye, it good."
And you know what? from this trailer, I think this movie will also be good. A more… """""dark""""" perspective of the first film? sure, it might be… c o o l
I am not sure if I am prepared for another wave of Frozen garbage wherever I go though, but I still gonna say that this, this is good, I might like it and remember it from time to time.

TL;DR: tired of Frozen, but this movie might still be 7/10 anyway.

Last edited Feb 13, 2019 at 07:55PM EST

Thinking back, I feel my post here seems kinda condescending so lemme get my real thoughts in:
I like Frozen, a lot. I agree, it's quite overhyped but I'm more peeved at how people always have to bring up "This movie sucks!" even to this day (same goes for FE Fates in that regard).
For this Frozen 2 teaser… I'm digging it. Like, I love how there's no dialogue in this teaser, it lets the visuals and action bring out the mystery. Visually, it is amazing as expected from Disney. All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this movie.

Pretty sure Frozen is Disney's Avatar (of course, come to think of it, Avatar is well on it's way to becoming Disney's Avatar) massively popular when it first came out but it's popularity quickly fell off a cliff.

tino768 wrote:

Pretty sure Frozen is Disney's Avatar (of course, come to think of it, Avatar is well on it's way to becoming Disney's Avatar) massively popular when it first came out but it's popularity quickly fell off a cliff.

Not exactly; Frozen got backlash simply due to overexposure, Avatar got backlash because people started looking past the effects and imagery and realized the plot was derivative of several other films.

Adam DeLand wrote:

Well one thing's for certain: it's a better first teaser trailer than the first movie's.

Yeah the teaser for the original made it seem like it would be focused more on the comedic relief (Olaf), while the movie itself was more about the bond between Elsa and Anna (and honestly for a comedic relief character I thought Olaf was perfectly fine, he didn't really annoy me and I'll admit he got a few chuckles out of me). This one made it clear from the get go it looks like the big thing about the sequel is they're making it more of a grand action-adventure film (especially with that music and scenes like Kristoff and Sven charging into action with other reindeer and Anna grabbing a sword to attack something sneaking up behind them, and what looks like Elsa using her magic to protect her and Olaf from some other magical force).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!