Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Taika Waititi, director of Thor: Ragnarok and Jojo Rabbit, to direct and co-write a new theatrical Star Wars film

Last posted May 09, 2020 at 07:11PM EDT. Added May 04, 2020 at 02:59PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

Source

The other writer is confirmed to be Krysty Wilson-Cairns, one of the screenplay writers of the film 1917. Here's hoping this will be the kick in the pants the franchise needs after one highly divisive movie (Last Jedi) and one so disliked even people who hate the prequels went "even I think the prequels were better" (Rise of Skywalker).

Do you know whether its going to be the first movie of the fourth trilogy or a new spinoff like Solo?

Also why are there no high res photos of Leslye Headland? Not to sound like a creep, but all photos on google are small jpegs, including one in the article.

Last edited May 04, 2020 at 05:17PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Kommando_Kaijin wrote:

Let's hope that it's Mandalorian tier and not The Last Jedi tier.

I’d prefer Rogue One Tier, the mandalorian is mediocre
it’s only amazing when compared to the other disney wars shit

Kenetic Kups wrote:

I’d prefer Rogue One Tier, the mandalorian is mediocre
it’s only amazing when compared to the other disney wars shit

• >Mandalorian
  • >Mediocre

All that politics and aliens stuff you talk about is one thing, but I'm afraid you've officially crossed the line with that.

(JK, Rogue One was good too so it's not like you said something completely retarded.)

Last edited May 04, 2020 at 09:51PM EDT

Kommando_Kaijin wrote:

• >Mandalorian
  • >Mediocre

All that politics and aliens stuff you talk about is one thing, but I'm afraid you've officially crossed the line with that.

(JK, Rogue One was good too so it's not like you said something completely retarded.)

Only seen part of it, got bored
I’ll try the rest
mostly just the shit with baby yoda being able to do jedi knight levels of force shit, just like rey

I have mixed feelings. I swore off Star Wars after Rise of Skywalker, but I liked Jojo Rabbit and What We Do in the Shadows. The reviews will decide if I see it.

Last edited May 06, 2020 at 04:47PM EDT

Farm Zombie wrote:

I have mixed feelings. I swore off Star Wars after Rise of Skywalker, but I liked Jojo Rabbit and What We Do in the Shadows. The reviews will decide if I see it.

What I really want to know is if this is going to be a standalone "Anthology" film akin to Rogue One or if he's directing the start of the new trilogy (the one that was almost headed up by the infamous duo behind the more hated seasons of Game of Thrones until they left Star Wars to do something else, much to the joy of Star Wars and GoT fans).

I think it's likely a standalone, and when Disney finds someone to head a new trilogy I honestly feel it'd be a good idea to just have that one person direct or at least produce the whole trilogy because one of the biggest problems with the last trilogy is originally it was suppsoed to be a different director for each movie, but when Colin Trevorrow had a big flop before getting to direct his movie and Last Jedi got mixed reception Disney panicked and just had JJ come back to finish things, but his stuff didn't meld well with what Rian Johnson did.

I Hate Everything probably said it best: had Rian Johnson done a standalone movie instead of doing the middle of the sequel trilogy he probably would have gotten more praise for his style of storytelling being used in Star Wars (Johnson's non-Star Wars films are all very well liked, and it probably helps said movies aren't the middle movie in a trilogy). Had the entire sequel trilogy been done by JJ it likely would have flowed better and the middle and final movies wouldn't have contradicted each other in some big ways.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!