Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Hayden Christensen to play Darth Vader in upcoming Obi-Wan Disney+ series, bringing two of the biggest Prequel Trilogy stars together again

Last posted Dec 17, 2020 at 05:42AM EST. Added Dec 13, 2020 at 02:23PM EST
8 posts from 6 users

Source

Granted I'm sure when in the suit his voice will be dubbed over (either by James Earl Jones or a soundalike), but if there are any scenes of him not in the suit it'll be neat to see how his performance will be under a different director (the general consciousness is the casting for the Prequels was sound but Lucas didn't always give the best direction, though Episode 3 was the big highlight for stars McGregor and Christensen).

I don't really feel like there's a ton to be excited about since he's gonna be voiced by another actor and likely a different one/CGI to play Vader's 6'8"ish height.

Here's hoping they don't butcher A New Hope by having Vader and Obi-Wan clash a bunch of times.

Mr. Plankton wrote:

Hayden Christensen? That's a surprise. I thought he retired from acting due to people making fun of him as Anankin Skywalker. It's nice to see his reprise his role, though.

You might be thinking of Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin in Episode 1.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

You might be thinking of Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin in Episode 1.

Ah, right. Must've confused the two.
Also I looked him up and uh, man he had it rough in his later years.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!