Forums / Media / Music

6,760 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Need some help identifying a song in this Caddicarus video

Last posted Nov 21, 2016 at 03:21PM EST. Added Oct 08, 2016 at 06:59PM EDT
7 posts from 5 users

Yeah talk about an oddly specific thread title. Anyway, there is a part in Caddy's newest "Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey" video (he's redoing a bunch of his old videos because he finds the old ones cringy nowadays) where he uses this kinda "new age" sounding song that sounds REALLY familiar to me, as in I swear I've heard this song multiple times before, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. And before you ask, no he doesn't put the name of songs in his video descriptions, so that area is no help, and of course I know if I were to ask on YouTube I'd get people using that "Darude – Sandstorm" meme like they didn't get the memo that damn thing died out long ago.

But anyway the song plays at 20:00

This is why content creators should list the music they use. I hate it when you find a song you are interested in, yet you can't find the bloody name of it!

…Doing a little bit of research, I noticed that Caddicarus mentions Kevin MacLeod's music, so I'll start searching his music for clues…

I'm bumping this on purpose because it's still bugging me that I can't put my finger on what this song is called. I know for a fact I've heard this song before, as I believe years ago during college it was a song I frequently played when studying, but for the life of me I can't remember the darn name of it.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

I'm bumping this on purpose because it's still bugging me that I can't put my finger on what this song is called. I know for a fact I've heard this song before, as I believe years ago during college it was a song I frequently played when studying, but for the life of me I can't remember the darn name of it.

Unfortunately, I searched almost the entire Kevin MacLeod discography, and I found nothing remotely similar to the song in question. Therefore, we can slash off MacLeod in the list of potential places to look. Have you asked Caddicarus via email? It may be a slim chance, but you never know with YouTubers.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!