Forums / Media / Music

6,762 total conversations in 425 threads

+ New Thread

Hard to Find Songs

Last posted Oct 02, 2020 at 10:49PM EDT. Added Aug 26, 2020 at 09:53PM EDT
15 posts from 6 users

So I've been looking for the song "I'm Just a Lonesome Clone" by Tiny Tim
and all I've found so far was a short sample
it used to be on youtube but copyright bs, and I honestly can't find it anywhere
so anybody know of sites that have obscure music?

I've just had a quick look, but I couldn't find anything.

I think the problem we have with this one is that the song only existed as part of a single back in 1984; and was never included on any follow-up compilations.

The only one version I've found so far is part of a compilation made by Dr Demento which can be found here. The site is basically a large dumping ground for various types of music and audio bits, but I'm never entirely happy with using it, as it just feels a bit dodge.

You can buy it through Amazon Music, which means you won't have to go through the trouble of getting a vinyl player if you don't have one already.

There's this one fucking song that haunts me. I work in a supermarket and they play music all the time and every single day this one track is ALWAYS played and I don't know what it is. I'm not even sure if it's English because of how garbled the lyrics are. The only lines that can be clearly heard are:
Get out of my vision/business/head(I don't know what the word is).
Don't wanna get out(?)
For all I know these lyrics could be completely wrong because it's very hard to hear what he's saying. But it's basically that repeated numerous times and then gibberish for a chorus.

Carrie Enright wrote:

There's this one fucking song that haunts me. I work in a supermarket and they play music all the time and every single day this one track is ALWAYS played and I don't know what it is. I'm not even sure if it's English because of how garbled the lyrics are. The only lines that can be clearly heard are:
Don't wanna get out(?)
For all I know these lyrics could be completely wrong because it's very hard to hear what he's saying. But it's basically that repeated numerous times and then gibberish for a chorus.

Can you name the genre or a similar song? Lyrics are far too generic to find anything concrete

Carrie Enright wrote:

Don't wanna get out(?)

Ok, so I have a few possibilities from the lyrics alone.

The first and closest I could find is Get Out of My Head by Redlight

My next guess would be Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car by Billy Ocean.

And as a wild stab in the dark, here's Where's Your Head At? by Basement Jaxx

Are any of these right?

If they're not, I know this is gonna sound dumb, but can you write using onomatopoeia what the song sounds like?

For example, Smoke on the Water would be: Doo Doo Da; Doo..Doo…DaDa; Doo..Doo…Doo…DaDa….DaDa.

Sorry Soup King, none of them were the song. I remember the chorus sounded like:
Wallibala, eh-on ya bah
Repeated 3 times. This is really bad information, I know. But if I had more I probably could have found it easily. The genre of the music sounded folk-rock and maybe 80's/90's? I couldn't pinpoint an exact accent but the chorus sounded rather Australian-aboriginal (could be very wrong though).

Carrie Enright wrote:

Sorry Soup King, none of them were the song. I remember the chorus sounded like:
Wallibala, eh-on ya bah
Repeated 3 times. This is really bad information, I know. But if I had more I probably could have found it easily. The genre of the music sounded folk-rock and maybe 80's/90's? I couldn't pinpoint an exact accent but the chorus sounded rather Australian-aboriginal (could be very wrong though).

That's fine, I've had a bit of a think and come up with a few more ideas.

The first one I had was Kanye West's, Power due to the way the chorus sounds:

They sometimes play The Levellers in supermarkets, did it sound something like this?

The only other folk-rock band I could see getting air time in a supermarket would be Mumford & Sons.

The only other possible band I can think of off the top of my head would be Redgum, but I don't think that would receive any airtime outside of Australia.

The only other things that might help me work it out are the instruments you think were used and the nationality of the band. Since it's playing in a supermarket, I doubt it would be an obscure band or a sleeper hit, so as long as it was released in the UK or the USA, it should be findable.

Another thing you could do could be to record it on your phone the next time it starts playing, if you have the chance to, and try and use that to find out what it's called. Normally all you need is a correct line or two and you can find the right song by just typing it into Google..

Not an obscure or hard to find song, but I recently rediscovered Talking Heads' "Psycho Killer" after having not heard it in many years and not remembering any lyrics. All that stuck with me was "uh uh uh UH" but I didn't know he was saying "fa fa fa FAR", so I couldn't even search that.

I have some good news, I found the song after all this time! The bad news? Every single piece of information I shared in hopes of finding it turned out to be wrong and I feel like a real cretin for that. Anyway, here's the elusive song that haunted my shifts for the past few months:

Soup King wrote:

I've just had a quick look, but I couldn't find anything.

I think the problem we have with this one is that the song only existed as part of a single back in 1984; and was never included on any follow-up compilations.

The only one version I've found so far is part of a compilation made by Dr Demento which can be found here. The site is basically a large dumping ground for various types of music and audio bits, but I'm never entirely happy with using it, as it just feels a bit dodge.

You can buy it through Amazon Music, which means you won't have to go through the trouble of getting a vinyl player if you don't have one already.

How do I buy it through amazon music?
I tried looking it up on the site, but couldn't find it
I'm new to navigating anything but their physical stuff

Kenetic Kups wrote:

How do I buy it through amazon music?
I tried looking it up on the site, but couldn't find it
I'm new to navigating anything but their physical stuff

It looks like you're in luck today.

I couldn't re-find the amazon page that had the song on it, but I managed to find a MP3 download for the single it was recorded on on New Sound; so it should be as simple as hitting download and going from there hopefully.

Soup King wrote:

I couldn't re-find the amazon page that had the song on it, but I managed to find a MP3 download for the single it was recorded on on New Sound; so it should be as simple as hitting download and going from there hopefully.

Thank you based Soup King

Soup King wrote:

Wanted me to register, damn
thanks for the help though

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!