Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,702 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Report User: Steve

Last posted Apr 29, 2021 at 06:08PM EDT. Added Apr 29, 2021 at 10:40AM EDT
18 posts from 6 users

Why don't you give a more through account on this matter, Bun? Steve didn't start doing this out of the blue, you two had some interaction that led to this.

Last edited Apr 29, 2021 at 01:39PM EDT

Wrazid wrote:

Why don't you give a more through account on this matter, Bun? Steve didn't start doing this out of the blue, you two had some interaction that led to this.

As in, I disagreed with him one time and then he started spamming my wall with posts?

Bun Cop wrote:

As in, I disagreed with him one time and then he started spamming my wall with posts?

What was the topic of dispute if you don't mind sharing?

This dude started spamming me so of course he turns around and makes a thread.

I have literally never interacted with him ever before and he starts spamming my email notifications by posting comments on my wall and deleting them. He even went into other threads I was active in to complain about it too. He did this 7 times over 2 days

I guess when I turned around and returned the favor, he got so upset he had to run to the mods.

Thats peak cope

Last edited Apr 29, 2021 at 04:10PM EDT

Flooding on walls goes against the rules either way, regardless of if they have a reason to do it or not.

If you have a disagreement with someone, be civil about it and try to reason your differences. If you believe that a user in-question has violated KYM's code of conduct, it's best to advise them about the Rules & Guidelines and if they persist, going to the maintenance forum (as you did here) or consulting the staff team directly (for instance, contacting a site mod on the official KYM Discord) to diffuse the situation would be the best course of action in handling the dispute.

I agree with you Wrazid that the original post that led to it which incited the spam should have been included here, for full contextualization as to where both parties were coming from, but even still: that doesn't minimize the fact that – flooding profiles with the same comment ad nauseam – is reportable and punishable on its own regardless of intent. Even if there was an incident which led up to that point.

Looking into Steve's post history further, it appears this isn't their first instance of resorting to hostility and ad hominem in arguments as opposed to maintaining civility and trying to be understanding. Drawing your own conclusions of a certain show is perfectly acceptable, but using an incident (like a shooting) as a means to stigmatize against people who enjoy a show the shooter happened to merely by association minimizes responsibility from the shooter and lessens the weight of the incident. Here is the comment thread in question for full context about the separate incident I'm referencing. This is adjacent to the news sources and people who attempted to pin the notorious Slender Man Stabbing incident on communities who enjoyed fictional mystery, horror and creepy pasta stories, discounting the fact that these stories are outright labelled as fictional, and undercutting more underlying reasons which could have led to the incident (such as the dynamic between the perpetrators and victim and the previously undiagnosed schizophrenia may have led to the perpetrator in believing in Slender Man in the first place).

I think some intervention here may be necessary, either via warning or punishment respectively. Spamming/flooding a user's profile detracts from any discussion that might be had, or could be going on on someone's wall. Handling disagreements or disputes with respect for the other party boils down to the "Behave" part of the guidelines, especially subjects that are more serious in tone, case-in-point: shootings.

Last edited Apr 29, 2021 at 04:50PM EDT

Sans Undertale wrote:

Flooding on walls goes against the rules either way, regardless of if they have a reason to do it or not.

If you have a disagreement with someone, be civil about it and try to reason your differences. If you believe that a user in-question has violated KYM's code of conduct, it's best to advise them about the Rules & Guidelines and if they persist, going to the maintenance forum (as you did here) or consulting the staff team directly (for instance, contacting a site mod on the official KYM Discord) to diffuse the situation would be the best course of action in handling the dispute.

I agree with you Wrazid that the original post that led to it which incited the spam should have been included here, for full contextualization as to where both parties were coming from, but even still: that doesn't minimize the fact that – flooding profiles with the same comment ad nauseam – is reportable and punishable on its own regardless of intent. Even if there was an incident which led up to that point.

Looking into Steve's post history further, it appears this isn't their first instance of resorting to hostility and ad hominem in arguments as opposed to maintaining civility and trying to be understanding. Drawing your own conclusions of a certain show is perfectly acceptable, but using an incident (like a shooting) as a means to stigmatize against people who enjoy a show the shooter happened to merely by association minimizes responsibility from the shooter and lessens the weight of the incident. Here is the comment thread in question for full context about the separate incident I'm referencing. This is adjacent to the news sources and people who attempted to pin the notorious Slender Man Stabbing incident on communities who enjoyed fictional mystery, horror and creepy pasta stories, discounting the fact that these stories are outright labelled as fictional, and undercutting more underlying reasons which could have led to the incident (such as the dynamic between the perpetrators and victim and the previously undiagnosed schizophrenia may have led to the perpetrator in believing in Slender Man in the first place).

I think some intervention here may be necessary, either via warning or punishment respectively. Spamming/flooding a user's profile detracts from any discussion that might be had, or could be going on on someone's wall. Handling disagreements or disputes with respect for the other party boils down to the "Behave" part of the guidelines, especially subjects that are more serious in tone, case-in-point: shootings.

"Looking into Steve's post history further, it appears this isn't their first instance of resorting to hostility and ad hominem in arguments" I can see you are grasping for a straw for character assassination here, but youll notice in the thread you linked that other users got hostile first. Im seeing a running theme here that kym users seem to think they deserve to be treated better than how they treat other people. Besides that, its wholly irrelevant to this.

"I agree with you Wrazid that the original post that led to it which incited the spam should have been included here, "

there isnt one, this dude just started spamming on my wall out of the blue. I have never talked to him before and previous comments on his wall about it just got deleted. He was committed to spamming me until I returned the favor

Steve wrote:

"Looking into Steve's post history further, it appears this isn't their first instance of resorting to hostility and ad hominem in arguments" I can see you are grasping for a straw for character assassination here, but youll notice in the thread you linked that other users got hostile first. Im seeing a running theme here that kym users seem to think they deserve to be treated better than how they treat other people. Besides that, its wholly irrelevant to this.

"I agree with you Wrazid that the original post that led to it which incited the spam should have been included here, "

there isnt one, this dude just started spamming on my wall out of the blue. I have never talked to him before and previous comments on his wall about it just got deleted. He was committed to spamming me until I returned the favor

If what you are saying is correct, then you both should be held accountable. Them 'starting it' doesn't excuse resorting to the same means back when it's explicitly stated in KYM's policies that you cannot flood or spam. Period. There are no excusable reasons for it.

I recommend you consult the mod team through the official KYM Discord if you are convicted enough to settle this case. They should be able to look into both you and the original poster's history to deduce who was responsible for what actions, and so forth. That information isn't publicly available to me, because that information is either undisclosed or nonexistent. It's not publicly made available on your wall, at least not to me, and you haven't come forwards with any recorded evidence to back up your claims. However, as mentioned before, KYM staff could help with this if you notify them. Assuming you mean exactly as you say, here.

Regardless of, again: you are partly to blame here. Evading responsibility by saying 'they started it so I'm justified to do to them what they did to me' isn't a valid reason. Flooding and spam are disallowed all across KYM. It's a general rule that's outlined in the site guidelines.

Last edited Apr 29, 2021 at 05:11PM EDT

Steve wrote:

This dude started spamming me so of course he turns around and makes a thread.

I have literally never interacted with him ever before and he starts spamming my email notifications by posting comments on my wall and deleting them. He even went into other threads I was active in to complain about it too. He did this 7 times over 2 days

I guess when I turned around and returned the favor, he got so upset he had to run to the mods.

Thats peak cope

Indeed, before you deleted it you seemed to have screenshots of Bun posting a message.

These are all closely cropped though which makes me mildly uncertain about their authenticity…

Wrazid wrote:

Indeed, before you deleted it you seemed to have screenshots of Bun posting a message.

These are all closely cropped though which makes me mildly uncertain about their authenticity…

This is why it's necessary and verify this with KYM's staff, the staff team on the server can look through both messages from the accounts respectively and handle the case. If both of their accounts of flooding are verifiable, then they both could be warned or punished accordingly.

Sans Undertale wrote:

This is why it's necessary and verify this with KYM's staff, the staff team on the server can look through both messages from the accounts respectively and handle the case. If both of their accounts of flooding are verifiable, then they both could be warned or punished accordingly.

i was warned already

Sans Undertale wrote:

If what you are saying is correct, then you both should be held accountable. Them 'starting it' doesn't excuse resorting to the same means back when it's explicitly stated in KYM's policies that you cannot flood or spam. Period. There are no excusable reasons for it.

I recommend you consult the mod team through the official KYM Discord if you are convicted enough to settle this case. They should be able to look into both you and the original poster's history to deduce who was responsible for what actions, and so forth. That information isn't publicly available to me, because that information is either undisclosed or nonexistent. It's not publicly made available on your wall, at least not to me, and you haven't come forwards with any recorded evidence to back up your claims. However, as mentioned before, KYM staff could help with this if you notify them. Assuming you mean exactly as you say, here.

Regardless of, again: you are partly to blame here. Evading responsibility by saying 'they started it so I'm justified to do to them what they did to me' isn't a valid reason. Flooding and spam are disallowed all across KYM. It's a general rule that's outlined in the site guidelines.

idk why you think my pics werent evidence enough, but heres a better crop if you want

Steve wrote:

idk why you think my pics werent evidence enough, but heres a better crop if you want

Thank you for the clarification.

Do you mind doing the same for your own separate report thread, linked here?

Sans Undertale wrote:

also im banned from the kym discord

Bun cop was an alt of a banned user (for a similar reason, Sending Pm's with racial slurs to other users.) Locking the thread since it has been resolved.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!