Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,092 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

ISIS

Last posted Aug 25, 2014 at 11:26AM EDT. Added Aug 24, 2014 at 08:20PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

With the increased actions of Islamic militants ISIS (such as beheading people, etc.), the pope called them out on their shit and said they must be stopped.

Link

New crusade when?

All I know about this is that the US should keep its ass away from this. We left there for a reason. I think what's happening over there is disgusting and immoral, but the US isn't a superhero. George Washington might have been talking about Britain and France in his Farewell Address and it may not apply all the time, but in this case, I think it does. America, sit your ass down and deal with your own problems.

It's definitely a crisis.

Now I'm not an expert on this subject, but I've researched some basic knowledge that I feel needs to be shared and understood. If you follow world news, then you know that ISIS isn't just some minor terrorist group. They've commited counted atrocious, inhumane crimes, and they seem to be spreading and increasing in strength. Leaving them be is just asking for a threat to be ignored.

Now I'd like you all to take a look at this picture taken from Wikipedia today, August 24th.

Red represents area controlled by ISIS (note it is vastly debatable), beige represents area "claimed" by ISIS, and white represents the rest of Iraq and Syria. It should be stated that land control itself does not show how powerful the group is, but this is a visual on much they have spread.

Now it's up to you to decide who is "good", but there have been numerous resistance groups, such as the Kurdish Peshmerga, who are very efficient and professional soldiers that have taken back many ISIS occupied areas. Of course, not everyone welcomes the Kurds, religious, political, and land reasons.

It's best the US stay out of this, at least not send soldiers. That is the goal of ISIS, to show how aggressive the US are. If we directly attack them, then more people will sympathize for ISIS and join their cause. Drone strikes and aerial strikes have been discussed, and I feel that is the most reasonable aid currently.

ISIS can be stopped. Many of the volunteers are young, inexperienced people, that use torture, threats, rape, beheadings, and mass murder of innocents to convince the average person they are unstoppable. Organzied resistance such as the Peshmerga are slowly but surely taking back land. They only need the right support.

Last edited Aug 24, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT

Back in Indonesia, the government has already started crackdowns against the ISIS branch here. It was only recently discovered that ISIS already has roots here since as early as January of this year, when several terrorists were killed by the police force in a raid.
With the recent threats from the group to blow up the Borobudur Temple and several landmarks, socialization has already started mostly at places where suspected ISIS members used to preach their ideology.
The muslim population in general here rejects ISIS. Demonstrations against ISIS are happening around and suspected ISIS members have been reported to the police by civilians.
Currently, a very prominent Imam in the muslim community is also suspected to be ISIS and might get arrested if the evidence points out.
With my country's record of taking down Religious terrorist groups and the lack of support from the population, the chance of ISIS taking over here is pretty low.

I won't say that it's crusade. It's more of a civil war started by warmongers using religion as an excuse to take power over the middle east.

Last edited Aug 25, 2014 at 01:23AM EDT

New crusade when?

"All this gravely offends God and humanity. Hatred is not to be carried in the name of God. War is not to be waged in the name of God."

Can't speak for ISIS, but not likely from the papacy.

Of course this had to be brought up. It's inevitable that some douchebag is going to pop up and point out the original crusades to try and make the pope look like a hypocrite….[reads comments of the article]…yep right there in the second comment. Predictably

So as a preliminary response to anyone thinking of following suit, here's breaking news from the modern era:

Christians haven't crusaded in 1000 years. I know. Shocking….It's like the religion actually changed in some way and no longer believes in conquering other faiths with violence…who would have thought! It's also as if the modern day pope…and all modern followers…are actually not accountable for the actions of medieval warlords…just like how modern day Jews are not responsible for killing Jesus…also quite amazing!

Seems the pope just wants ISIS to stop this bullshit and is asking the world to think of something to minimize the casualties (of everyone, not just christians) going on in Iraq and other corners of the world as well. I don't think this is a call for action from specifically the US either. The pope is reaching out to all nations that can help by the looks

Last edited Aug 25, 2014 at 03:38AM EDT

Samekichi Kiseki wrote:

Back in Indonesia, the government has already started crackdowns against the ISIS branch here. It was only recently discovered that ISIS already has roots here since as early as January of this year, when several terrorists were killed by the police force in a raid.
With the recent threats from the group to blow up the Borobudur Temple and several landmarks, socialization has already started mostly at places where suspected ISIS members used to preach their ideology.
The muslim population in general here rejects ISIS. Demonstrations against ISIS are happening around and suspected ISIS members have been reported to the police by civilians.
Currently, a very prominent Imam in the muslim community is also suspected to be ISIS and might get arrested if the evidence points out.
With my country's record of taking down Religious terrorist groups and the lack of support from the population, the chance of ISIS taking over here is pretty low.

I won't say that it's crusade. It's more of a civil war started by warmongers using religion as an excuse to take power over the middle east.

I wonder, is FPI support ISIS
But, then again FPI is sunni

Joseph Zenizhiv Green wrote:

I wonder, is FPI support ISIS
But, then again FPI is sunni

The Shi'a community also condemned ISIS you know.

Only the most fanatic(or stupid) muslims would actually believe that ISIS is doing the right thing.

Last edited Aug 25, 2014 at 07:11AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!