Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

Teen Titans GO! is getting a feature length movie in 2018

Last posted Oct 25, 2017 at 11:56PM EDT. Added Sep 26, 2017 at 02:10AM EDT
28 posts from 23 users

crazyben1234 wrote:

I still don't understand why everyone is up in arms over the existence of the show. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and the movie could be a chance to flesh things out properly.

m8 do you remember the PPG film? It was horrible.

TTG is Cartoon Network's cash cow, they're not going to do anything original with it, that's pretty nuch a guarantee.

crazyben1234 wrote:

I still don't understand why everyone is up in arms over the existence of the show. One man's trash is another man's treasure, and the movie could be a chance to flesh things out properly.

that's true yeah, but this show is not notorious for its quality but instead because of how it engulfed CN

check this shit out

likely a marathon, but even on regular days the show can take up like 4 hours of the day

Teen Titans Go! is Cartoon Network's most profitable show. It's not surprising that the channel's leadership would capitalize on its success with a movie. That said, it is unfortunate that CN is saturating their lineup so completely with such a mediocre show. I've heard a convincing argument that Cartoon Network's programming comes in waves, usually alternating between good and bad. We are now seeing a shift into a bad wave with Teen Titans Go! as it's flagship. Be patient and things will get better in a few years. Here's some more information:

On a different note, isn't it funny how people complain that they want the "original" Teen Titans back, referring to the 00s show, when the comic was first published in the 60s and the most famous characters debuted in the 80s? What they are talking about isn't even the first animated version Teen Titans.

I'm pretty indifferent towards TTG, i don't like it but i also have no real strong feelings about the show.
Anyways, i don't think the movie's going to be good, and those that really hate the show are probably not pleased about this.

crazyben1234 wrote:

On top of what @Artichoke said, this is also a show notorious for antagonizing the fans of the original

Ryumaru Borike wrote:

On top of what @Artichoke said, this is also a show notorious for antagonizing the fans of the original

I think the people who were genuinely upset about the jabs at the original cartoon's fanbase are way too attached to media, and are just thin skinned in general.

crazyben1234 wrote:

Found the Cartoon Network employee.

I don't think it's going to be financially successful in theaters. Pan-Pizza did a very well explained editorial vid on TV movies being pushed to the big screen, and how they both isolate a large portion of the audience who has never seen the show, as well as how the films themselves were usually of a relatively low budget, plus the fact that ticket prices are insanely expensive now, families would more likely go see a different movie they all could potentially enjoy, like whatever Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, etc movie would be out by then.

(vid mentioned)

I feel the same way about the MLP movie. Yeah the animation is really top notch and the fanbase will go see it, it might peak at, like, #5 on it's opening weekend, depending on the movie climate of that time. Probably enough to make it's budget back, but probably not a smash hit either.

Last edited Sep 27, 2017 at 07:02PM EDT

Speaking of Pan here's a video of him talking about the TTG movie and a rant on him saying how he feels the hatedom for the show has become incredibly annoying (in his words, he says it's pretty hypocritical to rag on kids for enjoying TTG when frankly a lot of us who grew up in the 90s or 00s probably watched and enjoyed a lot of "average" or "mediocre" stuff too but yet a lot of the show's hatedom like to act like snobs who claim they've ONLY ever enjoyed "true quality"):

Ok, so we know the show isn't that great (although I never really understood what the hate boner was all about). But what if they actually put effort into this? Think about it.kids will think If the movie is good then the show must be good too right? So maybe they will create a good movie to drive people to the show.

But maybe they will create a bad movie for the sake of money. The chance of this being anything more than a cash cow is unlikely and the fan base is already big so the ticket sales will be great.

At this point i really don't know.

crazyben1234 wrote:

It's been literally 4 YEARS! A show doesn't need 4 seasons and a movie to flesh it's plot out, even if it's a episodic comedy. It would be like Steven Universe trying to take one entire season to flesh out the relationship between Greg and Garnet. It doesn't make sense, unless it's a show like Regular Show or Adventure Time trying to tie all it's loose ends up the best way it can before the Finale. Basically saying this show is CN's cash cow and they're milking that sucker until it's ratings starts to plummet and keep reviving it won't do much.

The thing I'm thinking about is:

What's the movie even going to be about? From what I've seen, the types of plots seen in a lot of TTG episodes are really only good for what they're given- 11 minute episodes. Is the movie even going to have a single plot, or multiple small plots that only loosely relate to one another?

Either way, I feel like this movie will bomb. TTG's ratings have been at a huge low for awhile and I feel like nobody is going to care by the time the movie actually releases.

Cartoon Network might be absolutely on life support (Happy 25th anniversary) at least after making this decision.
I think it's a huge mistake not only for WB but for us for giving backlash that the CN translated and still translates them into somewhat profitable. By the way, they should've invested offering their back-catalogue of good shows, past and present, in their separate dedicated app/service to fans like me who are not at least conservative.

The unfortunate thing is Jacksfilms is probably not gonna meme the fuck out of this movie

JacksFilms's constant Emoji Movie shitposting was what made the existence of the Emoji Movie itself worthwhile

Farm Zombie wrote:

Teen Titans Go! is Cartoon Network's most profitable show. It's not surprising that the channel's leadership would capitalize on its success with a movie. That said, it is unfortunate that CN is saturating their lineup so completely with such a mediocre show. I've heard a convincing argument that Cartoon Network's programming comes in waves, usually alternating between good and bad. We are now seeing a shift into a bad wave with Teen Titans Go! as it's flagship. Be patient and things will get better in a few years. Here's some more information:

On a different note, isn't it funny how people complain that they want the "original" Teen Titans back, referring to the 00s show, when the comic was first published in the 60s and the most famous characters debuted in the 80s? What they are talking about isn't even the first animated version Teen Titans.

Kinda ironic, considering that Cartoon Network is airing that 00's Teen Titans show.

So…
When do you think CN it's gonna drop TTG? What will happen when it dies? What will happen when AT ends?

Anyways, IF THE MOVIE IS BAD THEN DON'T GIVE IT PUBLICITY BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE ARE GONNA FIND OUT THAT IT EXISTS AND MORE PEOPLE ARE GONNA WATCH IT FOR THE LULZ WHICH MEANS THAT THIS WILL MAKE MONEY AND WILL HAVE A TRIOLOGY.

Last edited Oct 07, 2017 at 06:52PM EDT

crazyben1234 wrote:

Why is everyone so mad about the show being a "cash cow?" Companies will always want to make money, that's just the way things are.

What about those who actually like the show? Do their opinions not matter?

The gist is that companies will seek to maximize profit, and they only run so many shows. The reason people are upset at teen titans go's success is that they fear cartoon network will kill their favorite shows in favor of more profitable ones. In addition, teen titans go is typically something only kids enjoy, while there's assumption that'd they enjoy these other shows with older appeal equally. But one is cheaper and easier to make.

I personally have some doubts about that assumption. Kids aren't advanced socially, they don't get all humor and themes. They enjoy humor that we'd call "lolsorandom" a lot more, and they sometimes need themes to be a bit more upfront than under the surface, though not always. I imagine kids might enjoy teen titans go more than say, steven universe, for that reason.

Also there's the teen titans fans (including me) sad that a franchise they like hit so much success with another audience it'll likely stick with them instead of appealing to us again.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!