Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,067 total conversations in 679 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Regarding Soyjak and Soyjak spams

Last posted Jan 30, 2021 at 03:06PM EST. Added Sep 04, 2020 at 01:33PM EDT
154 posts from 42 users

Wojak is notorious for being hated by most of the KYM community. We all know about the infamous Soyjak spam and the constant influx of new templates and derivates.
What many may still not know, is that this spam may be a direct raid from a clique of /qa/ anons. Not only that, but there may or may not be legit KYM users and even moderators involved in these raids.
In case you're out of the loop, /qa/, "Question and Answer" is (what used to be) 4chan's meta board. It used to be unlisted, like /trash/, so only people who knew about it would access. Now that is listed, it has become a practically unmoderated SFW-ish /b/ that is prone to soy and sneed floods.
Some anons may also be creating new accounts and letting them age before spamming more soyjaks.
In the end, the main motive behind the raid is lols --KYM users who are reacting particularly negatively to wojaks and soyjaks specifically are being treated as lolcows.
The best way to combat the spam is to acknowledge where it's coming from, and to stop being vocal about your distaste for wojaks. The spam will cease as soon as /qa/ gets bored and moves on to the next meme.
Read the thread here. (Includes deleted posts)
The thread is still alive as of this post:
Know Your Meme Wojak Spam Thread
There is another thread live as well:
Know Your Meme Soyjak Spam Thread
See the sorry state of /qa/'s catalog by yourselves:
/qa/ Catalog

Last edited Sep 04, 2020 at 01:35PM EDT

Thanks for the heads up, now I know to just… oh wait, the mods are in /qa/'s pockets and they've been in on this shit the whole time? Welp, time to make like a rat aboard a sinking ship and deactivate my account.

Mii, Myself, and I wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, now I know to just… oh wait, the mods are in /qa/'s pockets and they've been in on this shit the whole time? Welp, time to make like a rat aboard a sinking ship and deactivate my account.

Are you suprised?
mod hate isn’t a meme, it’s a legitimate viewpoint, as mods are always abusive and ours especially hate the userbase

I'll admit it; I've always thought that this site was overreacting about soijak shit. The spam is annoying, yes, but your angry reactions are what causes them to continue spamming.
You need to accept that basic fact that the original wojak is pretty much dead and has become a template for caricatures. The pink-hair slut, the emo girl, the emo boy, the thad girl, doomer, zoomer, bloomer, coomer, NPC, greyjak, pinkjak/ /biz/ wojak, and, yes, even soijak are going to find a way into most popular memes for quite some time now.
If it's any condolences, the current wojaks are so deviated from the classic wojak that even facebook loves it.

tl;dr stop complaining and ignore the soijaks if you want them to go away

Just a heads up. Someone on /qa/ (posted on 09/04/20(Fri)21:10:54) is going to plan on doing a giant f*ck you post and flood the entire soyjak folder here on Know Your Meme.

Get your cup of coffee ready mods and admins.

Sanakan_ht wrote:

Who hurt you anon

You know, at the risk of getting banned, I’m just going to say that I feel like as a community, we should all ask him the simple question of
“Who hurt you anon”

I thought it took an autist to dump so many wojak edits. Turns out it was a whole bunch of them.

I don't really get why you were so pissed about those. No one complained when image gallery turned blue from all the Steven Universe spoilers. Sure mods should've closed the Wojak gallery long ago, but they didn't. Probably because they were having too good of a time enjoying the histeria.

Soo… Mods are meme garbage and want this site to be a trash-can?

Well, no reason to be here any more.

Also, Deleting everything I uploaded, because why not.

Last edited Sep 05, 2020 at 03:10PM EDT

Kenetic Kups wrote:

Again pointing out that deactivating is what they want

^^^

If you don't want to see the Redditors' posts just use the image filtering userscript and block them that way

Hide wojak galleries

Ignore wojak uploads

Do not reply to wojak posters

Last edited Sep 05, 2020 at 05:11PM EDT

I think people need to get the fuck over themselves and stop letting dumb images get them so upset. Literally all anyone needed to do was ignore them, report accounts that actually are breaking rules, and move on.

I'm not a fan of them myself but I don't go into a frothing rage that requires me to write a comment on every account that dares to upload them. This whole damn thing could of been avoided or at least mitigated if people did the most obvious thing and not feed the trolls. But here we are with 4chan threads full of retards dedicating themselves to uploading them because it upsets a ton of people on this site with minimal effort.

Honestly I want to stop browsing here because all anyone does is bitch and moan about 4chan and soyjacks constantly. You people are more annoying than the spammers at this point. It's no wonder the mods barely want to deal with such whiny piss babies.

There is a childishness to this spamming. The spammers keep posting Soyjak faces just to be pests. Sure, not acknowledging these spammers is the best thing to do--but they are still obnoxious. At least it seems to have slowed down.

Note: I am too stupid to understand coding and install the script.

Wrazid wrote:

Good thing I never cared about the soyjak spam.

I only notice it when I end up in New Images. Even then I really dont care since if I'm looking for something I can just search via tags.

I was talking to RandomMan. He's considering locking the gallery until the /qa/ raiders die down. I think locking the gallery would be a good idea and wait to cool down. Meanwhile, a few more wojak raiders from /qa/ are just creating new accounts to spam crap-edited wojaks.

(I know you're stalking us /qa/. Bite me.)

KYMcores getting upset from some dude posting wojak in the galleries is pretty bad.

But making a KnowYourMeme account just to start a """raid""" from a literally who board? That's worse.

Every time you upload, the mods win. That's the point of the gallery. Thank you anons.

Doeoeod wrote:

KYMcores getting upset from some dude posting wojak in the galleries is pretty bad.

But making a KnowYourMeme account just to start a """raid""" from a literally who board? That's worse.

Every time you upload, the mods win. That's the point of the gallery. Thank you anons.

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

>posts soyjack images to make KYMers mad over it
>gets mad over a small diss i made

Edit: in response to Anon #3445759

>Imagine pointing that out just to own me

Last edited Sep 07, 2020 at 01:16PM EDT

Square Memester wrote:

I was checking the KYM thread from /qa/ again, and it looks like someone wants to post this image that may break the KYM image rules.

That, and they seem to be focusing on some users like myself and nocunoct for reporting the problems.

>the image

…did they not literally admit to have been creating accounts and even using VPNs right on those threads and even discussed in length how to go about it precisely to avoid bans..? That would make the above version of events far more accurate by their own words. Are they really that far up their own ass in delusion..?

As for RandomMan's words, I guess that could work, though seeing how these autists are on "I'm behind 7 proxies" levels of tryhard trolling, we would need to lock related galleries as well such as the "Soyjak shows his Phone" one, so I am not sure how effective that could really be in the long term.

I still think that the "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck" approach is the best one here, and just filter/ban (likely just the former given that rule 5 is apparently meaningless now) recently created accounts with nothing but Wojak posts on their activity, as it is obvious for anyone with half a brain to realize that these are the /qa/ spammers with an axe to grind, not some innocent "documenters" posting for harmless fun. Some mods may fall for such a weak excuse of a trap to get some crumbs of documentation here, but users should not, and we have a userscript filter for it. It works for me and I have not seen Wojak spam for like a week by now.

In the end, at least there is one thing that both the /qautists/ and ourselves agree with: this would not be nearly as big of a thing as it is if not for the people here making it as big of a thing. We dealt with over a YEAR of poochyena's presence, people – surely we will not fare worse against some social rejects and their shitty MS Paint memes, right..? That would be like dying to random entry-level mobs in a game right after defeating one of the hardest bosses on it.

Folder dump anon still hasn't fucking delivered.

Anyways, just gonna repeat some points here since I doubt everyone saw the other thread:

- Wojakposting aint illegal. If there's quality control in place and it's not spam/flooding, we cool. This is why some Wojak posting accounts are still online: They abide to this. I understand the arguments about smug reactions, but at the same time it's not like others are being super nice either. We're not gonna punish one side harder when both sides are bad.

- New accounts risk a ban the moment we have reason to suspect spamming, alting, raiding, etc. The soyjaks are fine and I love some of the OC that came forth from it, but there is a hard line we gotta draw and site rules that take priority over them. We currently use what Ned described as duck-logic: Suspicion is enough reason.

Quack.

I've never personally seen it as that much of a problem, it might be because I only go on the trending images gallery for the sake of my sanity but I feel like you won't see too much of it if you just run a userscript that blocks them.

Just to let you know:
The KYM thread has been put on autosage. Some spammers were banned, and the ones who remain seem reluctant to continue spamming here. Especially because they've now been warned by our mods. We won this round.

nocunoct wrote:

Just to let you know:
The KYM thread has been put on autosage. Some spammers were banned, and the ones who remain seem reluctant to continue spamming here. Especially because they've now been warned by our mods. We won this round.

Imagine having such a collective Reddit Moment that your thread about spamming low-effort unfunny strawman memes gets shadowbanned, and you stop spamming because the mods suggested locking the gallery of said meme

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

nocunoct wrote:

Just to let you know:

Threads on /qa/ autosage after 1 week as we dealt with people in the past who would necro bump shit threads to keep them alive for absurdly long. This autosage feature was introduced to stop this.

The bans you are talking about were from flooding the catalog with 107 threads, half of which were probably from pissu but we won't get into that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!