Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,708 total conversations in 1,732 threads

+ New Thread

Bug Report Thread

Last posted May 10, 2010 at 01:48AM EDT. Added Dec 31, 2009 at 12:45PM EST
50 posts from 24 users

With a new update, there are bound to be new bugs. Report them here!

So far:

- FIXED Discussions link leads to 500 (and still leads to /discussions).
- FIXED Clicking on Forums leads to 500.
- FIXED, Jumping around different forums still says you're in General.
- FIXED User comments miscounted
- FIXED Coding error: status="confirmed" is showing up on top of confirmed memes.
- When enlarging a very long/large image, the left side is cut off by the browser and cannot be seen by scrolling.
- Embedded videos overlap enlarged images.
- All Forums section does not update immediately.
- Not closing HTML tags affect all posts afterwards AS EXAMPLE HERE.

Last edited Jan 11, 2010 at 12:18AM EST

Yeah, the only thing that I've found wrong was the 500 errors and the board problems.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU DISASTER GIRL, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Last edited Dec 31, 2009 at 12:48PM EST

Nice job on fixing up the bugs. I just have one more: on all of the confirmed entries, it says Status= "confirmed". Is it supposed to say that?

Uncanny Valley issue -- fixed

status="confirmed" -- fixed

automatically closing HTML tags will be trickier but I'll file a ticket to look into it later

thx for the keeping the list, Blah

Wow epic addition of bugs the last few days.

@Jack Candle -- system probably can't ever handle BMP but it's on the list (sorry)
@Mellow -- can you link me to the article?
@Shadowfury -- any thread, or just a specific one? Does it just show a 500?

at the red box of deadpooled entries you have a link to an email:

1. Specify that it's an email address
2. add the mailto: tag before the email (an 404 error occurs because of this)

@Jamie, https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/some-days-you-just-cant-get-rid-of-a-bomb
Bottom of article where photos are posted. I can't remove the (.gif) photo. It's on the left of the joker pic.

@Jamie:
No 500, I just get returned to the main page with a red box that says "You don't have permission to view that page".
Yes, it happens with any thread. I can subscribe if I make a post, that is, if I remember to check the box before I post. I can't subscribe without making a post, though.
It's not that big of a deal, but it is a minor inconvenience. Also, I liked Jack Candle's idea. He proposed that there be an option to set whether or not "subscribe" was checked or unchecked by default.

When you go to the "all posts" section of the forums, the time of the last post is inaccurate (and threads are out of order). Not a big deal, but it's confusing when you're trying to keep up with multiple threads.

OK, the images in individual memes are now on 20-image sub-pages. This is wonderful. However, every image on every page after the first one takes me straight to the Details section, not the preview thing like it should.

@Jack Candle -- photo pagination lightbox (preview) is fixed now

we're compiling & investigating all others. Any additional info is always appreciated, as somethings things are hard to replicate

Entries with no pictures show "1-0 of 0 photos."

1. Yes, I know the entry photo counts as 1.
2. It would be funnier if the dash were a slash.
3. ???
4. PROFIT

Last edited Jan 25, 2010 at 01:19AM EST

@gardevoirlol – are you using Chrome? 'cuz KYM pages do spaz out occasionally. Hopefully Google has a fix for this…

@thread – Deadpool messages are missing the "contact the research team" link.

Last edited Feb 02, 2010 at 04:35AM EST

New bug spotted:
When I got new wall posts or new private message, the counter of the main page (juste below the welcome message) doesn't clear itself even if I read multiple my new wall posts or new private messages.

Another thing that seems to be a bug:

When I try to click on a "Our wall-to-wall" switch, it says i'm not allowed to see it. I don't know if it's made that way on purpose or not.

Server Error 500 keeps appearing whenever I try to upload a New Photo for my Profile Image. (My Profile Image is missing 1/2 of my head, I want to upload an edited version of my current Profile Image as I possibly can.)

Last edited Feb 25, 2010 at 01:46PM EST

Found a regular expression that may help with the closing tag issue..

HTML tag missing closing tag
Matches an HTML TAG and all the text that follows it until the next identical tag or the end of the file if the closing /TAG is missing. Tags cannot be nested.

(?>%TAG%.*?(?=<%TAG%|</%TAG%>|\z))(?!</%TAG%>)

Last edited Mar 03, 2010 at 05:53AM EST

There are a problem on upload memes, I tried on 3 browsers and nothing!

The error appears on opera:

413 Request Entity Too Large
nginx/0.8.34

On Firefox and Chrome appears the page was not possible to load…

The link what is trying to open is:
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes
But when I press enter again on the link, opens fine, but my meme don't appears on that page…

PS: I'm on a Ubuntu, Linux!

Last edited Apr 10, 2010 at 09:45PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!