Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Suggestions?

Last posted May 06, 2010 at 01:17PM EDT. Added Dec 31, 2009 at 09:01PM EST
68 posts from 26 users

If you have any ideals about how to improve the website itself, feel free to post them here.
Also, bug reports go in the bug thread here: https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/site-related/topics/3005-bug-report-thread

I'd much rather the thread subscriptions be contained within the site, (like on the Subscriptions management page, thread name…..4 new posts) than sending them to my already-overcrowded email.

I've had an idea of legendary proportions, I'll come back when I've MS Painted an example.

It involves an Audio section in all meme entries, since many memes are audio-based, and other users can't add audio like they can with Photos. The closest thing we can do is add comments with links.

Anyway, off to bootleg a picture.

EDIT: Bootlegging complete

Last edited Jan 09, 2010 at 10:07PM EST

Awesome, they did Jumpstyler's idea. Now people can go to pages like the fsjal page in peace.

Anyways, in meme articles we have the ability to post links to Encyclopedia Dramatica or other website articles on the same subject. Why not the ability to add a link to a Chewiki article in meme entries? That is a fairly informative site at documenting memes.

Edit: Here's what I mean.

Last edited Jan 19, 2010 at 09:41PM EST

How about when viewing a certain user's entries, they are divided up into
[Confirmed
Submissions
Deadpool]
like when searching.

Last edited Jan 29, 2010 at 09:06PM EST

Yeah, "favoriting" of images is a great idea and already in the works. We're also planning on displaying user stats that reflect how highly-voted that user's image contributions are, allowing people to tell the difference between users who upload great images rather than just lots of images.

I think some of the tags need to be refurbished. Occasionally I search for a meme I think exists, and it doesn't come up, then when I'm browsing later that day, I'll find it linked from another…

Last edited Feb 09, 2010 at 10:58PM EST

It would also be great if the bar at the top would follow the page when you scrolled down (Kind of like the blue bar at the top of Facebook used to be) instead of having to scroll all the way to the top on longer entries.

Last edited Feb 09, 2010 at 11:00PM EST

I have a suggestion to ask.
It's not something urgent but is there a way to install some kind of "preview" switch for entries and/or forum posts ?
I think it's very useful when you want to check that you've embedded link correctly, if some links don't work or if you have the "Youtube video problem" (all the other videos displaying only the first one you post) without forcing you to edit that kind of avoidable stuff.

Last edited Feb 16, 2010 at 05:37AM EST

Ok, I'm gonna have a hard time explaining this but here goes:

The numbering system should be backwards.

Or, more accurately, it already is backwards, and needs to be fixed. For example, as of this post, we have 28 pages of confirmed memes. Page 1 has the newest ones. The oldest ones are being pushed farther and farther back. So when you click on Confirmed, It takes you to page 28, which lists memes from OMGWTFBBQ to Gingers Do Have Souls! Page 1 would have from Montauk Monster to FAIL.

The current numbering system was ok while the site was relatively small, but it's not gonna keep working when KYM gets bigger.

It's awkwardly explained, sorry, so let me know if you get what I'm talking about.

I'm requesting this topic to be stickied, it worths it.
Also, I may have another suggestion.
If it's able, I think it would be better if there was a 5th space below "Wikipedia link", "ED link", "YTMND wiki" and "Macrochan" when we create an entry. This 5th space should be called "other" and could feature any link explaining a meme that we found without it being from Wikipedia, ED or so forth.

Even if it's not so often, it happens sometimes that the only link that somewhat explains an Internet phenomenon we just found comes from a blog or somewhere else.

Last edited Feb 25, 2010 at 12:15PM EST

So, not trolling here, but if we did have a voting system that would not be good since the majority rules, and the issue is with that is that people can spam make accounts and vote in things that are not real memes.

So I am gonna say the mods should decide.

@Sweatie
Did you not hear a word we just said?.

"Ok, but not everyone can flag.
We have to watch for trolls.
50 contributions or more as a prerequisite?"

"Member for 1 month and 50 contribs is better."

Before you begin your rants, make sure you actually know all about the situation first.
Read or GTFO.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!