Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Meme Easter Egg Thread

Last posted Jan 31, 2010 at 09:55PM EST. Added Jan 15, 2010 at 08:44PM EST
51 posts from 16 users

Following from the Konami Code Thread…

The admins of Know Your Meme have left small secrets within the website. It is our job to find these secrets and post them on here.

- Post Theories
- Post Outcome

Current Easter Eggs:

Konami Code (notified by watcher)

In the homepage, Press (Arrow Keys)
↑↑↓↓←→←→, Then Type B and A. (consecutively)

Before pressing anything, a pop-up will appear saying:

"Wise you are, newbie. Welcome to round one"

Smiley Face :D (notified by MemeDude)

In the forums, go to any thread. Go down and click "post" with nothing in the body. A pop up will appear; close it by clicking X and a smiley face ( :D ) will appear.

Upload Image To No Meme

Skepticism towards this Easter Egg, but it is hidden almost as it is one.

Upload an image to the -Please Select selection in the image uploader, and it will join in the image stream without condemning with a meme.

Where The Hell Is Joanne?

In the 2007 season, Joanne (of KYM) was wearing a lab coat with her name on it.

A few episodes later, a boy with glasses appeared on there with the same labcoat.

Thread Errors

If posting in one thread faster than 30 seconds each will cause a Mr.Freeze icon to appear.

If a thread is closed / locked, a Skeletor icon will appear at the post section.

Redundant Advertising
The Coke-a-Cola nanodisk commercial appears on the top-left of EVERY article. Is this some kind of joke?

403 Guy

A mysterious error page that involves going to a restricted part of a site.

Current Theories:

▲
▲ ▲ Triforce

Last edited Jan 31, 2010 at 11:09PM EST

Ellie Rountree/Elspeth refers to furries as yiffers in the ORLY episode.

Have Chris or Brad ever made cameos in any episode?

IDEA:

Lets review old episodes. I'll take season 3 and look for stuff.

Somebody borrowed Joanne's lab coat in the reaction / piggyback episode.

Being a Lost fan makes spotting this stuff easier.

Last edited Jan 17, 2010 at 06:53PM EST

Animecello's pic also appears in the Om Nom Nom video (bottom-left of Ellie):

Also, regarding KYM's whiteboard, there are always random things written/drawn on it on each episode. Would that be considered an Easter Egg?

I think it would help if we all knew what an easter egg was defined as:

"A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, web page or video game."

I think it shows how great KYM is as a site that it has eggs maybe no one will ever pick up, but the programmers still put in the time and effort to do these little things.

I found another (rare) one. When you update a meme entry and click on the 'save and view entry' button, and you're lucky enough to have a slow computer or a lag on the site, you get a huge awesome smiley wallpaper, with the message: 'brb, updating in progress', or something like that.

Are you guys talking about when the site ends up with this version of the Awesome Smiley with the "Update in Progress" thing somewhere on the screen? It isn't actually triggered by anything or anyone other than the developers who temporarily put the site down to add new upgrades to the site (i.e. The four board forums we're all using now).

Though, thinking about it, could this really be considered a KYM Easter Egg?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!