Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

NSFL tag

Last posted Jul 24, 2016 at 03:32PM EDT. Added Jul 23, 2016 at 02:49PM EDT
12 posts from 10 users

This has been suggested for gory NSFW images, and/or images that would normally be not allowed on KYM but are allowed due to the entry matter – e.g. this one image of a guy's leg blown off from the Boston Marathon entry. I, for one, like the idea, but we don't know if it's practical until the site's coder tell us.

It should be mod exclusive tho, for research sake and those uploads. Making it user accessible destroys the entire point of the NC rules and will only get us a user fapfest.

This suggestion is part of a larger issue concerning the different kinds of NSFW content on KYM and how it should be tagged/filtered.

scatalogical content, extreme fetishism, “snuff”, vore, and extreme abuse, to name a few, are all considered worthy of being tagged for the express purpose of allowing people to avoid it. This is often where you’ll here the phrase “not safe for life” thrown around

Yeah, we Should be more like Derpibooru right brony mods? let's tag suggestive because nsfw is to harsh for some pics but they suggest something sexual. We also need strong language tags because words can get some of us in trouble you know. And what about a racism tag for all the racist stuff? we could make KYM-tan with a hitler mustache for that?
maybe we could use this as a tag

RandomMan wrote:

It should be mod exclusive tho, for research sake and those uploads. Making it user accessible destroys the entire point of the NC rules and will only get us a user fapfest.

And it could be prone to abuse as well if it wasn't only available to moderators.

Example would be someone bombing the Body Inflation or MLP galleries with the NSFL tag for trolling purposes.

I agree with making it mod-only for what you said along with what I said.

Last edited Jul 23, 2016 at 08:51PM EDT

I could get behind an NSFL tag, although how far do we go between that and NC material? I guess this would avoid situations like that Steven Universe situation from a few days ago though. While we're at it I'm going to tack on the suggestion of the Epilepsy Warning tag as well, because that's probably just as needed.

Why not just split the NSFW tag into "Gore" and "Sex?" NSFL will just be taken over by even more saucy pics and people will still complain about the gore pics.

Really, though, I'd rather not have any more tags unless there's a major site overhaul and we can disable them. I don't want KYM to turn into Derpibooru where every picture's behind some tag or another--only it's impossible to just look at the image thumbnails because the site's code is made of bubblegum and shoestrings.

xTSGx wrote:

Why not just split the NSFW tag into "Gore" and "Sex?" NSFL will just be taken over by even more saucy pics and people will still complain about the gore pics.

Really, though, I'd rather not have any more tags unless there's a major site overhaul and we can disable them. I don't want KYM to turn into Derpibooru where every picture's behind some tag or another--only it's impossible to just look at the image thumbnails because the site's code is made of bubblegum and shoestrings.

Because gore and sex aren't allowed. What is shown, as far as gore is concerned, is real gore from news like the Boston Bombing. Fake gore i.e. cartoon or movie is allowed and yes it is mature in nature but before we add more tags let's get James to stop wasting his time with stuff that does nothing for this site (like KYM Olympic upgrades) and come up with a solution for mature content.
I keep hearing that James can't do a filter, IDKY since pony filters seems to work fine. What about age restrictions for users under a certain age? not all memes are SFW / Safe for children so why are children free to be here? No NSFW tag is going to stop children from looking at mature content so you aren't stoping any from seeing it. NSFW tags don't work 100% anyways without some sort of filter so having said that we can have as many tags as you guys want but won't do any good for this site.

other sites can do it why can't we? Make it site wide SFW unless you are a member and sign in with mature content enabled.

even if we can't do a filter that is customizable just a single button for mature content would do the trick

Last edited Jul 24, 2016 at 12:37AM EDT

Okay like,
What are we defining as NSFL?
Because Lotus Pods freak some people out to the point most consider NSFL, but others are not affected by it. Is a fetish pic that, by all accounts that would normally raise flags for being NSFW is more Safe For Work than say, a normal non-sexualized picture of a girl in swimwear considered NSFL?

I said previously in this thread that I think a NSFW filter could be implemented, and I'm kinda with Derpy in that something like a lie about prove your age would be a good idea if they implement it. I know there was a discussion with Don about allowing other wise NC memes to actually be on the site more, and have some way to hide them from certain younger users. The statement was that, though he would love to, he believed it would mess with Google ads and make them more adult oriented which would show up for users who don't have adblock even on the "SFW" parts of the site.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!