Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Would it be too much to add a small extension to spoiler tags to also have them say what they spoil when highlighted?

Last posted Apr 20, 2018 at 11:31PM EDT. Added Apr 20, 2018 at 05:43PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

I don't know how taxing on the site hardware it would be to do it, or if this has been discussed before, but I think one problem that has always been for certain meme is that you're likely to run into spoilers for something you haven't finished yet on a meme gallery, thus why memes of such spoilers should go on the gallery of the source material (I.e. A JJBA spoiler on the Baton Roue gallery), but then there's people who think the meme itself should go in the meme's image gallery instead, and that's where the problem pretty much lies.

So, how hard would it be to implement an extra feature that say, underneath or next to the spoiler checkbox on a submission form, is a text box that becomes typable once you check "Spoiler?" which allows you to type in what it spoils? Hypothetically, you could get something like this when you roll over the image in a gallery:

Considering I've had close run-ins, such as nearly running into a XC2 spoiler on the Who Killed Hannibal gallery, this could possibly ease things.

I think would be a good idea. I've been going through the galleries lately (with Mods overseeing) and trying to de-classify spoilers that have passed for a long time. If there was something that was too plot-central or important, I'd know to leave it alone.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!