Forums / Media / Video Games

38,638 total conversations in 2,702 threads

+ New Thread

Your very first experience with video games?

Last posted Mar 12, 2015 at 02:44PM EDT. Added Mar 09, 2015 at 03:24AM EDT
42 posts from 40 users

The very first video games I've played were Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64, Donkey Kong 64, Bomberman 64 and Megaman 64 (Megaman Legends for PS1). At first, I didn't know what the heck I was doing since it was my first time playing video games and I was very young. Once I learned how to not suck, video games were a whole new world to me and I loved to play video games ever since. What was your very first experience with video games like? What games did you play?

sighs 8 bit mario. The game that sparked my love and passion fot video games. I remember my first time playing it. I used to be scared of the koopas and would run away cuz I didn't know how to jump. But once I understood… I would speedrun that game all the freakin time.

….

Okay seriously. My first experience in gaming, not counting the numerous educational kiddie games I played prior, would have been Commander Keen

For those of you who didn't exist in 1990, that's this badass motherfucker right here:

I always thought the first game I ever played was the SNES version of Super Mario Bros. 3, at my aunt's.
When I, later, got interested in all the different Mario games, because we had a GB and a GCN with some Mario games, and I got interested in just how big the series was, the memories suddenly came back to me.

Later I found out my aunt indeed had SMB3 (or, All-stars if you want to get technical) for the SNES, so I was right.

The first game I played in my own household is Commander Keen, who is, indeed, a badass motherfucker. So that might be before SMB3, but I'm think SMB3 came first.

Last edited Mar 09, 2015 at 08:40AM EDT

Roller Coaster Tycoon or Starcraft

I sucked ass at both but played them nonstop and begged my older brother to play them because they were fun to watch.

Circus Charlie and Super Mario Bros were the very first ones I played. They weren't on the NES but on the Famicom.

And how did I get to play on that kind of console? I don't know and I may never know, but I remember it well.

Last edited Mar 09, 2015 at 09:01AM EDT

I was maybe three or four years old when I started with an SNES. The games I remember the most on it were Donkey Kong Country, Earthworm Jim 2, Primal Rage, Toy Story, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

I was halo fanboy for years since then. It wasn't until I played Half-Life 2 a few years ago that I broke off from the fanboyism.

It would be The amazing spider man the animated series (the game) and the super mario games colection for SNES altrough my most memorable experince would be Urban chaos riot response for PS2 followed by Timespliter future perfect and Ace combat zero

The first videogame experience I remember, was me playing Barbarian on the Commodore 64. I also remember a game that probably was a C64 port of the classic Contra (apparently called Gryzor).

After that, I got a console that was some weird bootleg harware clone of Famicom called Super Pegasus (and it looked exactly like one too). It was pretty weird, since back in the day, plenty of kids had an NES, but none had a Famicom. It worked just fine though, until a mismatched adapter fried it.

After that, it was the generic SEGA Genesis/Megadrive, Playstation, GameBoy Color, and so forth…

I mainly watched my brother and cousins play Mega Man 2, 3, and Super Mario Bros.

I wasn't really old enough to get pass World 3 in SMB, and I generally just played the Shadow Man and Gemini Man stages for the music. The few times I was able get through the weird eggs and such, I got creamed by the actual Robot Masters.

My brothers owned a Sega Genesis CDX before I was born so my first video game experience was probably one of the Sonic games. We also had Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Incredible Hulk, Crystal's Pony Tale, and more.

If it wasn't on the Genesis then my first experience with games was probably playing one of the demo discs for the Playstation One.

I think the first video games I had are Super Mario Deluxe, Kirby Tilt n' Tumble, and Pokemon Yellow and Blue. I also had a GBA Hamtaro game but I lost it.

For console games, i think it was Kirby 64: the Crystal Shards and Smash Bros Melee.
Funny enough, I was at first scared to play SSBM for GCN and had my sister play it because I was a paranoid kid, but when I played it, it was pretty fun. And that's how I got interested in Nintendo.

My first game that I've ever played was my cousin's Pokemon Gold/SIlver. (I'm not sure if it's Gold or Silver, but it's definitely not Crystal)

I keep naming my character Ask until my elder sister remind me it's Ash.

I'd say I was around 3 when I started playing video games. My first console was an N64, and my first game was probably either Super Smash Bros. or Super Mario 64 (or maybe some other game, but these are the two I remember extremely vividly). I remember, at that age, I had no idea how to unlock Ness, and I used to think Master Hand was Mario's hand or something. I also had a bunch of Mario games, from Mario Kart 64 to the Mario Party games, to Mario Golf and Mario Tennis. Lot's of Mario.

Video Games that were part of my early childhood:

- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Cool Boarders
- Demonstar
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
- Mega Man X
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Need For Speed: Porsche 2000
- Power Stone
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
- Sonic Adventure
- Tekken 3
- Twisted Metal

This fukken game right here. I love it so much. Even though it's from '91, I only came to play it around… 2004, actually (Was born in June '99… yeah, played it really late, but I don't give a shit because the game is great, and I love the first Sonic games and… still love the series to this day actually. When I was younger, Sonic and Smash Bros. Melee were my life, seriously, I wouldn't shut up about these two at the time. I only stopped caring about Sonic as much as I did in the past after Sonic Unleashed, because I didn't own a PS3/Xbox 360 at the time, and was stuck with a Wii 'til 2013, so I stopped caring about Sonic that much, but I can't deny that that goddamn hedgehog was the main reason why I am a gamer today… that and Melee.

I would say my earliest experience was probably watching my brothers playing this in our basement. I would try to play it, but it was so damn hard and complicated for a 6-8 year old.

I couldn't have been older than 2 when I first played this. It was my first video game, quickly followed by Putt Putt and other computer kids games at the time.

Funny thinking about it, since despite having Mario with me since I was two years old, I never actually beat the game till I was 19-20 years old. My Dad only beat it because he used the Star Road, soooo yeah, I think I surpassed him with my normal playthrough.

Last edited Mar 11, 2015 at 12:47AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!