Forums / Media / Video Games

38,598 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

Vidya Game Awards Discussion Thread Thingy

Last posted Dec 17, 2022 at 09:29AM EST. Added Dec 08, 2022 at 01:44PM EST
14 posts from 8 users

Today is the day that our Dewrito Pope Geoff Kingly tell us who bribed gained the most notoriety from the community to be givin the shiny mcguffin. Tis also a time for developers to show off any WORLD EXCLUSIVE they prepped for the special occasion. I am excited to watch this with my fellow friends in IRC and you should too!
A side note I wanna make is that Valve is doing a Steamdeck giveaway every minute so you have another incentive to watch.
I don't know what to expect so share what (You) guys think! FUCK THE OSCARS!

It seems there is a blood feud between Sonic fans and Genshin Impact fans regarding the Player’s Voice poll. But it’s not gonna matter much in the end when either Elden Ring of God of War: Ragnarok take home Game of the Year.

Biggest surprise so far is the Bayonetta prequel I don’t think anyone was expecting. It’s full name is “Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon” and it’ll be a semi top-down action-adventure where you’ll control Cereza and Cheshire. The game is also coming pretty soon, March 17 next year ( and naturally it’s a Switch exclusive because Nintendo’s publishing). I’m assuming this might be the first Bayonetta made for a younger audience (maybe a T rating max if it ends up being more violent than the trailer showed) and looks like it’ll probably focus more heavily on narrative. The art style also looks like a callback to Kamiya’s Okami.

Only mildly game related because it was a mini concert leading into the Diablo 4 trailer, but hot damn Halsey was ROCKING that “goth 1920s flapper” look.

As of this comment one of the only other surprising announcements IMO is I didn’t expect Death Stranding 2 to be announced (I assumed we were gonna see Kojima’s “Overdose” project that got leaked a while back). The other surprise is Hades 2, I didn’t expect we’d get a direct sequel.

Also the new game from the devs behind Celeste looks like it’s a metroidvania and that’s pretty cool.

And real quick Splatoon 3 won “best multiplayer” and I’m so glad it did, it’s been my most played game since it came out.

EDIT: Bayonetta 3 won “best action game” let’s goooooo! Platinum needed a win for the end of the year after the rough start to the year with Babylons Fall.

Last edited Dec 08, 2022 at 09:53PM EST

And finally Elden Ring won GOTY, and Miyazaki basically confirmed DLC might be on the way too. Also genuinely surprised Armored Core VI is using a number, I assumed they’d drop the number and call it a “reboot” since it’s been a decade since the last game. The trailer looked to be all CG so unsure if it’ll still play like the old games or if those rumors they’re gonna give this new game controls similar to the Souls games is true, but still neat to see the series came back.

This year definitely felt less bloated than previous ones, I personally agreed with the majority of the winners, and the reveals were decent overall too, so overall not a bad way to spend the evening (normally I would have spent it playing Splatoon 3).. Plus now I’ll be getting to bed at a better hour than last year.

justThisFool wrote:

I like to give a shout to flute guy and nominee Orthodox Rabbi Bill Clinton.

Flute guy went HARD. Also I have no idea if that last person who brought up “Bill Clinton” was making a joke or not. He walked up there with Miyazaki and co. so I guess he’s affiliated with them or Bandai-Namco, but I’ve got no idea who he is (only other guess is maybe he’s one of the voice actors).

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Flute guy went HARD. Also I have no idea if that last person who brought up “Bill Clinton” was making a joke or not. He walked up there with Miyazaki and co. so I guess he’s affiliated with them or Bandai-Namco, but I’ve got no idea who he is (only other guess is maybe he’s one of the voice actors).

The guy isn't related to the team at all he covertly followed them up stage and delivered the line, it was mad funny!

Didn't give much care about what game won what and I can only imagine how much people on a place like Reddit or Twitter can crawl out the woodwork to be obnoxious. But to see Armored Core getting a trailer? I say you can let people go on about the awards and what games they think deserved them or not, my body is ready for Armored Core that I am legitimately hyped up for it.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

And finally Elden Ring won GOTY, and Miyazaki basically confirmed DLC might be on the way too. Also genuinely surprised Armored Core VI is using a number, I assumed they’d drop the number and call it a “reboot” since it’s been a decade since the last game. The trailer looked to be all CG so unsure if it’ll still play like the old games or if those rumors they’re gonna give this new game controls similar to the Souls games is true, but still neat to see the series came back.

This year definitely felt less bloated than previous ones, I personally agreed with the majority of the winners, and the reveals were decent overall too, so overall not a bad way to spend the evening (normally I would have spent it playing Splatoon 3).. Plus now I’ll be getting to bed at a better hour than last year.

God I hope they keep the old control schemes; I don't want the mech-piloting game to stop being a mech-piloting game

seventhsoul wrote:

Apparently Genshin Impact won the "People's Choice" spot.

The reason why there was voting for Genshin was that people assumed that they’d get free rewards for voting.

Well… from what I’ve heard, they didn’t even get enough to do a single multi-roll summon.

Sonic fans got the last laugh

Sugary Salt wrote:

God I hope they keep the old control schemes; I don't want the mech-piloting game to stop being a mech-piloting game

Same. I want that massive hunk of metal to move like a massive hunk that makes you realize why you use the boosters for much of the mission and knowing that lock on exist for a reason when you make shots. That and letting us keep those macross missle massacre weapons when choosing shoulder weapons.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!