Forums / Media / Video Games

38,598 total conversations in 2,697 threads

+ New Thread

Pokemon Presents for February 27

Last posted Feb 27, 2023 at 09:43AM EST. Added Feb 21, 2023 at 12:37PM EST
9 posts from 5 users

Source

To the surprise of no one really, a Pokemon Presents will be happening on February 27, aka "Pokemon Day." It's going to be around 20 minutes and here are my guesses on what will be shown:

-An apology for the launch state of Scarlet and Violet and talks about further patches to fix performance and glitches (the patch notes are going to end up being Cyberpunk 2077 sized aren't they?)
-DLC announced for S/V that will come later in the year
-Shadow drop of gen 1 Pokemon games on Game Boy NSO with gen 2 coming later (and gen 3 for GBA NSO also coming later)
-Pokemon Stadium games on NSO will work with the ROMs in Game Boy NSO so the transfer pack functionality will be intact after all, with Stadium 1 launching that day and Stadium 2 coming out alongside the gen 2 games on NSO later

Those I feel are the most safe guesses on what will be announced.

Last edited Feb 21, 2023 at 12:37PM EST

So the only "safe prediction" of mine that ended up happening is DLC for Scarlet and Violet. I'm kinda shocked they didn't have some small "we're sorry for the technical issues the game launched with" given it's actually common for Japanese companies to do apologies to their customers, but I guess TPC is laying the blame squarely on Game Freak and didn't want to say anything unless GF got their devs involved. Also wow they subverted expectations… in a not-so-good way IMO. I genuinely thought that with Game Boy and GBA NSO finally becoming a thing as of this month they would have confirmed plans to bring gens 1-3 to NSO and announce when Stadium 1 and 2 will hit N64 NSO, but nope they said absolutely nothing about those legacy titles and I'm honestly disappointed by that. Only guess I can make is Nintendo maybe wants to save that for a Direct, but I thought TPC would have a bigger say in that area.

As someone who's not big into the competitive scene, the live service mobile games, or the trading card game, this Pokemon Presents was rather meh.

…or at least that's what I would say if they didn't finally show off Pokemon Sleep bay-bee! Aw yeah, GOTY right there! Only thing that would have been better is if they announced a companion game titled "Pokemon: Real Shit?!"

Last edited Feb 27, 2023 at 09:36AM EST

Mistress Fortune wrote:

So the only "safe prediction" of mine that ended up happening is DLC for Scarlet and Violet. I'm kinda shocked they didn't have some small "we're sorry for the technical issues the game launched with" given it's actually common for Japanese companies to do apologies to their customers, but I guess TPC is laying the blame squarely on Game Freak and didn't want to say anything unless GF got their devs involved. Also wow they subverted expectations… in a not-so-good way IMO. I genuinely thought that with Game Boy and GBA NSO finally becoming a thing as of this month they would have confirmed plans to bring gens 1-3 to NSO and announce when Stadium 1 and 2 will hit N64 NSO, but nope they said absolutely nothing about those legacy titles and I'm honestly disappointed by that. Only guess I can make is Nintendo maybe wants to save that for a Direct, but I thought TPC would have a bigger say in that area.

As someone who's not big into the competitive scene, the live service mobile games, or the trading card game, this Pokemon Presents was rather meh.

…or at least that's what I would say if they didn't finally show off Pokemon Sleep bay-bee! Aw yeah, GOTY right there! Only thing that would have been better is if they announced a companion game titled "Pokemon: Real Shit?!"

Yeah it was pretty lame this year

Hopefully the dlc adds more pc boxes at least

Well I was wrong. Forever forced to be a Dungeoncel

Things shown off:
- Fnaf animatronic Pikachu
- Pokemon TCG Classic.
- Pokemon Consierge. Netflix stop motion animated series about a pokemon resort.
- Zacian in Pokemon Unite
- Paldea starters in Pokemon Cafe
- Pokemon master sex gets new characters
- Pokemon Sleep is finally here and I have no idea how it's supposed to work with just a phone. Coming this summer
- Pokemon Go Plus +, a creatively named upgrade of the previous thingus. Is compatible with Sleep and will sing you a lullaby as if you're 5 years old. Available July 14.
- Past Suicune and Future Virizion added to SV as raids
- Pokemon Home support for SV coming soon
- SV DLC pack The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero. Will release in two parts. First one is themed after one of those Japanese festivals, the other is set in another Pokemon school. Coming out fall and winter

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!