Forums / Media / Video Games

38,647 total conversations in 2,704 threads

+ New Thread

What's a game you're surprised DOESN'T exist?

Last posted Oct 26, 2023 at 12:45PM EDT. Added Sep 15, 2023 at 10:15AM EDT
16 posts from 15 users

For me I'm genuinely shocked Sega hasn't made a free-to-play Chao Garden game for mobile phones. People have been begging Sega to bring Chao Garden back to Sonic for decades at this point, and it sounds like a super easy idea for the mobile game market: a chao rising sim that's free-to-play where the paid elements are for lots of cute cosmetics, and things like chao karate or races can act as the ways players can grind for currency without paying real money. Like that sounds like such easy money I'm really baffled it hasn't happened.

A new Pokémon Snap game for the Wii U

That was honestly a “no duh” opportunity considering the gamepad; Unfortunately it didn’t happen.

At least we did get a new game on the Switch years later so better late than never

I guess I'm not surprised it doesn't exist, but I felt it would have inevitably have happened by now had it not been for the massive success of the Warhammer spinoff's.

Total War: The American Civil War and/or Total War: Victoria, the latter a sequel of sorts to TW: Empire.

It's been a highly requested period by fans, particularly the latter, for many years now and I think Creative Assembly would have caved in. Of course then TW:Warhammer happened and the franchise has pivoted away from historical settings ever since. Always made me a bit sour because of it, I'm a huge history nerd. At least there's TW: Pharaoh coming up in October, love Bronze age history.

A cooking game where you cook dishes that accompany major historical events. For example, cooking a meal for Genghis Khan during his conquest of Asia, or the dinner that was served during Rasputin's assassination attempt (don't forget to spike the wine!).

Maybe not surprised but Five Nights at Freddy's for the Wii U.

With the gamepad and FNAF debuting fairly early in the Wii U's lifespan, it would be a good fit with the gamepad being the camera monitor to look while the TV screen being your office. That would seem like a shoe-in but it never came.

Autumn Able wrote:

A cooking game where you cook dishes that accompany major historical events. For example, cooking a meal for Genghis Khan during his conquest of Asia, or the dinner that was served during Rasputin's assassination attempt (don't forget to spike the wine!).

Like that would actually kill him

A spiritual successor to the Shining Force strategy RPG series. I think there is great potential for a modern 3d shining force strategy rpg title. It's a small tragedy that even though the lead designer wanted to make Shining Force 4, the best we might have got was a canceled mobile game.

The closest comparison to the series I can think of is Fire Emblem, and that series almost failed at one point as well, but now Fire Emblem is pretty well known and fairly popular. I feel like if someone were to create a medieval fantasy strategy rpg with futuristic and sci-fi elements thrown in, it'd go places.

I'm surprised more properties don't have just your standard teambuilder RPG gacha games.

Like Super Sentai is a show with 47+ seasons each with a different team of colourful characters (and can easily cross over with Kamen Rider since Toei owns both), and there's been like one or two gacha games for it ever and 0 that are active. For comparison, Final Fantasy at one point had 3+ gacha games running at the same time and still has at least a couple.

I'm really surprise that out of every SCP game out their, there isn't a single one that's a RPG Maker, Yumi Nikki style game for it.

Like, imagine you're playing a SCP game where you're a human-like SCP that can reenact certain effects of other SCPs on a whim and use them to travel to many of it's premise worlds and such.
It doesn't even need to have combat or survival horror, just being immerse by the bizarre scenery, individuals, and SCPs themselves.

i want more action oriented games where most the cast are cute boys with homoerotic interactions with each other. AND i MEAN CUTE BOYS LIKE OBJECTIBELY CUTE. LIKE BELOW 25 CUTE (THOUGH 30 YEAR OLD MEN CAN BE CUTE BUT YOU GET WHAT I MEAN)

I’d say a 2D Mario that was a collect-a-thon like 64 and Sunshine but we already have Super Mario 63 and its upcoming remake and sequel along with the cancelled Super Mario Power Star Frenzy.

I guess one of those from Nintendo themselves would suffice

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!