Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Plans for YouTube Rewind 2019

Last posted Mar 23, 2019 at 11:25PM EDT. Added Mar 21, 2019 at 02:27AM EDT
7 posts from 4 users

Last year's YouTube Rewind was a total failure. The channel with the most downvoted on the website is, coincidentally, YouTube themselves. It took only a few days to beat Justin Beiber's Baby, and that video only took 9 to 10 years to get as many dislikes. There had been a LOT of problems in YouTube Rewind 2018: like complete lackluster with 99% unrecognizable characters (though JaidenAnimations made the video a bit better with PewDiePie's chair, the Smash invitation, etc.), cringeworthy transitions to the next meme/viral video, and for insult to injury a faux comment section that was NOT faithful to the original comments it promised. Plus, it felt overcrowded and empty. What would you add for this year's YouTube Rewind to make it better like the previous Rewinds?

While 2019 is still in its early phase, I do have a few ideas
Some ideas I have are:
Wendy O. Koopa, referencing #Project Wendy (though a bit too niche)
Pewdiepie vs T Series (despite starting around late 2018)
Bring back popular let's players and maybe feature relativity less popular channels like TierZoo. Keep the animators though. Just add Youtube creators that most people know in general.
Add a song bait and switch in reference to the NFL controversy, but reversed with Sicko Mode playing for a bit and then have Squidward and his band crash in and play Sweet Victory. (or just play Sweet Victory in general)
Detective Pikachu
Live Action Sonic, too.

If I were to fix this, I would try not to add too much to make it feel overcrowded. The last YouTube Rewind was a mess because it couldn't write all of these memes and viral videos into one video. At the same time, it felt empty and lackluster. If we want to try reading the comments, we should actually look online and give the people what they really want instead of simply putting in a fake comment section.

At the first stretch, I'm betting I want to make it like an NFL Halftime-Show thing, but with Sicko Mode playing first in the background. We would then see our favorite memes from the first year with the KSI vs. Logan Paul, Vinesauce, even PewDiePie and a few guest animators. Just then, the lights dim, and the Inkling looks behind herself with a wide expression, mimicing the Smash Ultimate teaser.

Sicko Mode is cut out, and Sweet Victory starts playing, with the SpongeBob cast inside a tiny glass done and all the memes/viral trends pop out, with Bowsette animated by Dragon Maid's designer team, NyanNyanCosplay doing her "Hit or Miss", signature, and even JonTron popping up. Maybe remix Sweet Victory with Bitch Lasagna or maybe Smash's Gangplank Galleon…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!