Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

What kind of YouTube content do you hate the most?

Last posted Nov 17, 2019 at 09:58PM EST. Added Nov 07, 2019 at 06:58AM EST
22 posts from 18 users

For me, it's reaction videos. It's just someone watching another person's work, and they're fucking everywhere. I can't watch any popular media without seeing some idiot making an exaggerated expression to an otherwise normal video. Granted, some reaction videos have pretty useful comments from the creator, but most of them are bottom of the barrel YouTube content.

What about you guys?

Basically anything that's on the Trending Tab.

I hate clips of TV shows, especially Talk Shows, I left television specifically to avoid all that mess, I just want to watch independent creators, leave that corporate garbage to cable.

I detest all those toy videos and all those other channels aimed at exploiting a younger audience. They have this veneer of innocence but come across as secretly sinister.

I also don't like Youtube demonetizing content with explicit language. Just have content advisories and give kids restricted accounts. I am an adult and I want adult oriented content.

Text to speech videos that read off of reddit subforums. Absolutely worthless.

It's already irritating to read reddit posts, but to have a grating monotone computer voice do it? Infernal.

There's a long list of stuff I hate on youtube, but my top one would probably be those game/anime theory ones. They're often based on the faintest of "evidence", pass off their theory/opinion as fact and naturally are given clickbait titles.

Another one is game journalist stuff. There are quite a few channels which spend 15 minutes talking about what you could read about in 1 or 2 minutes. Not to mention they might make videos/overreact to certain things which really do not warrant a video.

This is sort of related to the 2nd thing, but anti-sjw channels. They're exactly like sjws…except on the other side. Like above, they'll pad video time or quantity.

Last edited Nov 08, 2019 at 06:04AM EST

Tech destruction channels. Anyone who runs one of these deserves to lose everything. No tech for them, ever. They can go fuck themselves, honestly.
ASMR drives me nuts. Not only because it's annoying, but because the content is so low-effort.
Clickbait. I've become so averse to this practice that I will abstain from watching anything with a clickbait title.
Terrible "kid-friendly" videos from unscrupulous hacks designed to farm views from children.
Hypebeasts.
Anyone from the alt-right or skeptic community. These are like unironic political shitposts. They whine about things constantly, have a poor grasp on reality, and are generally unpleasant. Why these videos pop up in recommended is beyond me.

Videos where the speaker keeps talking circles around a singular topic, be it drama or them commentating on a video they made

As much as I've been using these videos as background noise while I work, those TTS Reddit thread videos. Most of the TTS ends up saying the actual name for a symbol instead of glancing over it, saying Nine Hundred and Eleven instead of saying 911, etc.

Overly editing your videos to the point you're less quirky and more annoying.

Overly Hype people in videos. Like starting the video with them yelling their intro and getting hype throughout it.

"Pundits"

ASMR

Drama Channels. Used to love them when I was younger but now seeing the same set of E Celebs in the videos every week over them being stupid or abusing the TOS of a website without getting banned Alinity .

Channels where the person makes a 30+ minute video saying why a thing is trash.

Last edited Nov 08, 2019 at 06:13PM EST

chowzburgerz wrote:

No one mentioned it, but clickbait 10+ minute Simpsons and Family Guy videos.

Is it those 'Family Guy try not to laugh' compilations and the like?

OH YEAH wrote:

Is it those 'Family Guy try not to laugh' compilations and the like?

Some of them yes, but most of them have some dumb title of a character doing something outrageous along with a clickbait-y thumbnail. In reality, said title is only related for like 30 seconds.

chowzburgerz wrote:

Some of them yes, but most of them have some dumb title of a character doing something outrageous along with a clickbait-y thumbnail. In reality, said title is only related for like 30 seconds.

And the videos are ten minutes long and loaded with adds

Clickbait, TTS Reddit reading, "Kid-friendly" content, Hypebeast Douchetubers, Jinx-style reaction vids, ASMR, and "theory" video essays.

I remember one time I caught my little sister watching the crock o' shite known as Logan Paul a few weeks after the Japan incident happened. She was six at that time. I got really fucking mad to the point I had to lecture her like how my mom lectured me when I was acting like a piece of shit.

That memory still gives me Vietnam flashbacks, and I became more cautious on whatever she was watching, or whatever her friends are showing her, even to this day. At least she now asks me whatever's good to watch for her after that happened.

Last edited Nov 14, 2019 at 01:06AM EST

Quasi journalism/essays and discussion videos.
They let people talk for as long as they like without saying anything, they use the excuse of 'starting a conversation' and 'just my opinion' to escape having to be formally educated, experienced or having done serious research on the topic or to write a coherent script.
Generally the longer the video the more convinced the creator and audience is of its quality despite being the opposite; the 3-5 hr video game '''''analysis''''' videos embody this.

Rants: Let me preach to the choir by rehashing info everyone knows, giving no critique other than "x sucks" or new information, let me do that for 10 minutes because people love to see me "pop off".

Gaming channels: Literally children's and tweens entertainment by 20-somethings who think they're working so so hard when their personality, humour and production value is stagnant.

I never watch any video just over 10 minutes and it's near impossible to find a channel where the creator puts their soul into it and respects the viewer.

Let's make an extra shout-out against the Reddit text-to-speech crap here since I found my own Reddit post in one several hours back.

Apparently, I've actually been in a few shit-tier "stuff I found on Reddit plslikeandsub" type videos in the last few months. Enough that I've even seen one instance of a meme I didn't even make being misattributed to my username.

In short,

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!