Forums / Media / Websites

2,569 total conversations in 244 threads

+ New Thread

Dragon Ball Z Abridged has ended

Last posted Feb 22, 2020 at 03:40AM EST. Added Feb 07, 2020 at 11:49PM EST
12 posts from 11 users

Team four star will no longer make dbza videos.

Its kinda sad Abridged videos will now no longer be a mainstream thing anymore. I remember watching yu-gi-oh abridged a decade ago and how funny they were. How excited I was to meet littel kuriboh and team four star. And there were so many other great abridgers like purpleeyeswtf and 1KidsEntertainment.
Some of them still make videos, but not very often, and its not nearly as popular as back in the day.

Last edited Feb 07, 2020 at 11:53PM EST

I'm not really surprised.
It started dropping in quality humor wise during the Android Saga (at least compared to Namek) and most of their new stuff over the years was obviously an attempt to try and make something they can reliably make money off of without legal issues, plus the burn out over the years of making it. Not to mention that it was over a year since the last episode and they cancelled Bojack.
Yeah, for the most part abridges haven't been as much as a thing as they were 10 years ago.

Is LK going to do the final season of YGO Abridged? I remember 2019 being a bad year for him because of health issues.

Anyways, DBZ ShortZ will continue, but it will have nothing to do with the Buu Saga. I'm sure Final Fantasy VII Machinimabridged will be given a proper conclusion this year.

Last edited Feb 09, 2020 at 04:16PM EST

chowzburgerz wrote:

Is LK going to do the final season of YGO Abridged? I remember 2019 being a bad year for him because of health issues.

Anyways, DBZ ShortZ will continue, but it will have nothing to do with the Buu Saga. I'm sure Final Fantasy VII Machinimabridged will be given a proper conclusion this year.

At this point who knows. Little Kuriboh suffers from some sort of pains I don't remember what kind. I don't think its dangerous for him, but it kept him bedridden or hospitalridden for some time. He is active on twit, so I guess he's taking it easy for now. I hope he will continue doing stuff, since I've found most of his content entertaining, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he was to quit. Though by going through the twitter and seeing his reactions to the end of DBZA, he doesn't sound like he's about to quit.

As for DBZ, I will certainly miss it. The Shorts they started releasing don't really stick with me so I guess I'll have to move on.

Never actually followed DBZA, I had friends who loved it and have seen some funny clips, but the fact that the people I knew who watched pretty much only referenced DBZA and not normal DBZ put me off. Still, I quote it now and again.

It's unfortunate, but Abridged series in general have kind of fallen out of favor.

Part of the issue is the whole headache involving using footage of the shows, and joke dubs are a very early 00s kind of meme (much like Youtube poops).

I wish them luck in their endeavors. Honestly kind of surprised they kept it up for this long.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!