Forums / Discussion / General

232,906 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Entry Mod AMA: Sav

Last posted Jun 24, 2012 at 08:08PM EDT. Added Dec 20, 2011 at 01:43PM EST
53 posts from 13 users

Alex>_> wrote:

Man, I was waiting for this. Ok. What makes you a "Rage Comicologist"?

My love for rage comics. But the reason I became a "rage comicologist" is mostly due to the Rage Comics entry I started and largely wrote a few months back. I saw my meme entries getting better and better (since they started being frontpaged more often) and this was no exception.

Last edited Dec 20, 2011 at 01:52PM EST

Recently, it seems rage characters have gone from crude MS Paint drawings to actual pictures of famous people, arguably starting with Yao Ming and the Dumb Bitch/Fuck That character. How do you feel about this?

Favorite videogame?

Favorite band/album?

What do you feel about the obvious meta of recent rage comics, in that people specifically make faces to become popular, instead of just making ones to help express the feel the rage maker is trying to convey?

What is your current favorite meme?

What is your favorite entry to have worked on?

Alex>_> wrote:

Awesome, so what were your intentions before becoming an icon of KYM? What was the main thing that drew you to this website?

my intentions were to learn about memes. the first thing that drew me to the site was Jamie Dubs' video on Rickroll. Before that I thought Rickroll started on YouTube (the April Fool's joke). But then I said, "wait a minute". After watching a few more episodes, I decided to give KYM a try. And I instantly loved it

Fridge wrote:

Recently, it seems rage characters have gone from crude MS Paint drawings to actual pictures of famous people, arguably starting with Yao Ming and the Dumb Bitch/Fuck That character. How do you feel about this?

I love it. And I especially love the fact that it then turns into an interest of the famous people to reddit, thus doing an AMA (see Neil Tyson, Matt Dillahunty)

Chris wrote:

Favorite videogame?

Favorite band/album?

What do you feel about the obvious meta of recent rage comics, in that people specifically make faces to become popular, instead of just making ones to help express the feel the rage maker is trying to convey?

Favorite videogame?
I don't play videogames. But I love the culture behind Skyrim.

Favorite band
Favourite band: Scooter

Album
Favourite album: Under The Radar, Over The Top

I often find that they fail to succeed, that is, they don't really catch on, except if the face can really portray an emotion. And that pleases me.

Rage comics-wise, I'd say Yao Ming. Generally, I'd say "Arrow in the knee" (so many possible jokes).

Rage Comics. I take special pride for it, even now.

Tomberry wrote:

How's it going over there in Greece?

No idea Tomberry. I was actually not from Greece, I'm from Cyprus. But I live in UK for now (work) but as I heard, it's hanging OK. Greece on the other hand, sounds horrible

amanda b. wrote:

What is the most fun thing you've done this week?

What's your favorite rage face?

If you could plan the best dinner ever, what would it consist of?

What is the most fun thing you’ve done this week?
Went to a winter festival with friends. great fun

What’s your favorite rage face?

If you could plan the best dinner ever, what would it consist of?
pork chops, bulgar wheat with tomato sauce and german wine

You're a coder right? If so, what language do you program in and what kind of projects do you like working on?

What are your favorite websites besides KYM?

Don wrote:

You're a coder right? If so, what language do you program in and what kind of projects do you like working on?

What are your favorite websites besides KYM?

yes, I am a coder. I program in several languages, but I mostly do Java. I mostly like working on web applications that involve other website APIs (KYM included) although I'm starting to learn a bit of mobile development.

My favourite websites besides KYM? Reddit (of course), YouTube (mostly for my daily dose of music and funny content), Facebook (for my daily dose of 'who gives a s**t' content) and StackOverflow (for coding).

Fridge wrote:

I've never met a Cypriot. What's it like to live in such a divided country?

apart from politicians struggling to find a solution, life's pretty normal actually.

When looking upon the mighty screen which has been blessed with the powerful ability to endure the mighty gaze of your eyeballs, and sending your overwhelming thoughts, thoughts that, if encountered in normal ongoings, would melt the minds of men like a microwave melts cheese, into the internet, how do you keep us safe and protect the internet from the streamed awesomeness that is your posts?

Teh Brawler wrote:

When looking upon the mighty screen which has been blessed with the powerful ability to endure the mighty gaze of your eyeballs, and sending your overwhelming thoughts, thoughts that, if encountered in normal ongoings, would melt the minds of men like a microwave melts cheese, into the internet, how do you keep us safe and protect the internet from the streamed awesomeness that is your posts?

Sav wrote:

technically I'm an Earthling. that's as far as I care.

Oh. I thought that would be somewhat surprising to you, seeing as Cyprus seems like more of a European country than any other Continentality.

ϟƘƦƖןןΣx wrote:

Sav, How did you work your way up to a moderator, (aka, how did you become a mod?)

Necrobumped again? Oh well…

I guess admins really liked the entries I wrote for some memes, so they made me a mod

Teh Brawler wrote:

Did you pick the "rage comicologist" title for yourself, or was it given to you?

Believe it or not it was given to me. I guess they REALLY liked the entry I wrote for Rage Comics, they decided to give an extra title of "rage comicologist".

To be fair, I did some really thorough research for that entry…

SAV WHY IS YOUR FULL NAME SAVVAS IT'S CONFUSING BECAUSE WHEN I LOOK AT IT I SOMETIMES CONFUSE THE VV FOR A W SO WHY DID YOUR PARENTS NAME YOU SOMETHING SO CONFUSING I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND

Piano wrote:

SAV WHY IS YOUR FULL NAME SAVVAS IT'S CONFUSING BECAUSE WHEN I LOOK AT IT I SOMETIMES CONFUSE THE VV FOR A W SO WHY DID YOUR PARENTS NAME YOU SOMETHING SO CONFUSING I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND

Gurl, u need 2 calm yo tits.

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!