Forums / Discussion / General

234,485 total conversations in 7,808 threads

+ New Thread

Wreck-It Ralph Trailer

Last posted Jun 09, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT. Added Jun 06, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT
41 posts from 19 users

My reaction to seeing Dr. Robotnik and Bowser as actual characters.

You just know that they had to fork over major money for use of those characters.

Last edited Jun 06, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT

Biotic Zombie wrote:

It looks like they'll just be cameos, which is still pretty awesome.

Still, the last place I'd expect to see Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, etc. characters would be in a Disney movie.

But you know what, cameos or not, it is actually pretty damn awesome. To bad they axed the Dr. Wily cameo though.

Biotic Zombie wrote:

What is up with the Dr. Wily rumors anyway? What happened with that?

With Capcom, there's no telling to be honest. Shame really. I'm not a Mega Man fan really, but I will admit, he's as iconic as the other cameo characters.

Glad they didn't go completely freebird, and come up with a drastically different appearance of the cameos. Yes, some only appeared pixelated in the original games, but they do match pretty close to their movie counterparts. The voice acting looks really good, and I'd definitely have to say that I will go and see this movie.

I just want a scene where all of the cameo characters duke it out in the background. I just need like 30 seconds to a minute of brawlesque action.

It would be gloriouuuuuuuuuuussssssssss…

I've read that it's just Disney flexing its financial muscle to get licenses for characters for a few games and using that to make a movie. But I think it's a well-timed premise that touches on the nostalgia of video games. In terms of video games, everyone knows M. Bison, Robotnik, and Bowser even in their previous incarnations for the NES, Super Nintendo, and Sega Genesis. To see them in a movie, even if they just play small cameo roles is entertaining.

And just think of the potential outtakes at the end of the movie…hee hee hee!

TL10 wrote:

Glad they didn't go completely freebird, and come up with a drastically different appearance of the cameos. Yes, some only appeared pixelated in the original games, but they do match pretty close to their movie counterparts. The voice acting looks really good, and I'd definitely have to say that I will go and see this movie.

Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't use expies as they're called on TVTropes, but no, Disney went full out and apparently got the character rights for this movie.

Not bad, not bad at all. Heh, makes me kinda wonder who all are just going to see the movie just for the video game cameos.

angstyHoodie wrote:

If there is any company that can make a video game related movie and do it right, its Disney.

Oh my god.

You're right.

Think about it: for years, we've had to suffer through terrible video game movies, from Resident Evil to Super Mario Bros. (shudder). And now, we're finally going to get a good one!

Also, Disney made Tron. The original, first movie about video games. It's like everything is coming full circle.

I have a question, that dragonish creature holding the sign, that's not a Q*Bert character, is it?

Also, is it me, or does John C. Reilly kinda look like Chief O'Brien from Star Trek?

Last edited Jun 07, 2012 at 05:43PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

I have a question, that dragonish creature holding the sign, that's not a Q*Bert character, is it?

Also, is it me, or does John C. Reilly kinda look like Chief O'Brien from Star Trek?

You mean this guy?

Cale wrote:

So… why did this thread survive and the one posted an hour earlier get locked…?

I'll reiterate what I just sent you and Easyaspi.

Because the thread title didn't say specifically what it was talking about in Easyaspi's thread, I was already annoyed. Thread titles should say what the thread is about. Being vague about it is one of my pet peeves.

Also, since the threads were made so close together (30 minutes isn't all that long,) I believe it's fitting to leave this one open, because of the thread title, and because there is more discussion occurring in this thread than Easyaspi's. Currently, the trend of this thread and the title saying what is being discussed in the thread outweighs being older by 30 minutes. Citation wouldn't have made this thread had he seen Easyaspi's thread with "Wreck-It Ralph" in the title.

However, I did not notice that this one was made after Easyaspi's. I simply saw the thread content and assumed that it was posted after this one. I apologize for being hasty.

Last edited Jun 07, 2012 at 07:02PM EDT

MFW: I see the trailer.

Dear lord this movie looks fucking wonderful. ALthough they must have payed a shitload of money just to even afford one of the characters.

I mean C'mon! They have M.Bison Zangief, The orange ghost from packman.

IT'S FUCKING WONDERFUL.

This is going to be the Who Framed Roger Rabbit of video games.

And that's awesome.

Also: MFW the zombie character is clearly one of the zombies from House of the Dead.

dang disney. You went all out with this.

Last edited Jun 07, 2012 at 07:45PM EDT

Sorry for double posting, but since I can't edit my post, I don't have much choice in the matter.

I forgot to post the link to the offical site which has a Fix-It Felix Jr. game, and speaking of which…

Though the person recording didn't play the game, so I'm not sure it's actually playable or not.

Last edited Jun 07, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Sorry for double posting, but since I can't edit my post, I don't have much choice in the matter.

I forgot to post the link to the offical site which has a Fix-It Felix Jr. game, and speaking of which…

Though the person recording didn't play the game, so I'm not sure it's actually playable or not.

I would be going apeshit, to, if my house was being driven to the dump while the entire forest is being demolished to house an apartment building.

Ashki wrote:

My reaction to seeing Dr. Robotnik and Bowser as actual characters.

You just know that they had to fork over major money for use of those characters.

don't think it should cost them too much.

yes adding in those characters makes for good buzz and discussion, definitely adds to the "awesome factor", when you see cool shit like this you just want to tell everyone, this trailer is probably popular as fuck

the companies that own the rights to these characters get sweet freakin advertisement, I personally wanna go out and buy these games now since seeing this trailer

so I am gonna guess they didn't have to pay out their ass for the licenses

đź…±ank đź…±ill wrote:

don't think it should cost them too much.

yes adding in those characters makes for good buzz and discussion, definitely adds to the "awesome factor", when you see cool shit like this you just want to tell everyone, this trailer is probably popular as fuck

the companies that own the rights to these characters get sweet freakin advertisement, I personally wanna go out and buy these games now since seeing this trailer

so I am gonna guess they didn't have to pay out their ass for the licenses

I don't know, a lot of those characters are icons. Though from what I've been reading, Disney and Nintendo has worked together in the past, so the use of Bowser might not cost as much as I thought.

I wonder if said companies are going to get a share of the profits if the movie does well. I can only imagine Reggie's response.

Edit: CaptainLuigi's post does make a good point, at some point, I do hope we do see Mario and Luigi somewhere. Giving that Bowser is in, it wouldn't be to far a stretch.

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 11:45AM EDT

The quoted post has been deleted.

Don't forget about Earthbound/Mother…

and Pikmin.

Edit: AND Rayman.

Anything is possible with this movie.

Last edited Jun 08, 2012 at 03:37PM EDT

Karmacharged wrote:

I would be going apeshit, to, if my house was being driven to the dump while the entire forest is being demolished to house an apartment building.

I just had to do this in Minecraft.

Spider-Byte wrote:

Oh and who is this guy?

I know I've seen that guy from somewhere, but I can't quite put my hoof on it to be honest.

If he is from a console game, that throws my theory that they're focusing on arcade game characters right out the window.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!