Forums / Discussion / General

232,903 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
Goodbye, so long, farewell.

Last posted Nov 01, 2013 at 09:09PM EDT. Added Oct 30, 2013 at 07:35PM EDT
54 posts from 38 users

If you haven't heard the really sad depressing news yet, Friday is my last day at KYM.

It's been a really amazing two years (and then some, from my intern days ;_;) with you guys and I'm bummed to leave, but! I will still be on the internet, as I will be joining the Tumblr staff! Over there, I'm going to be working with trending tags and radar stuff, lots of data analysis and tag research.

Since I have some time today, I figured I'd start this thread early. Since Friday is going to be Day of Feelings 2k13 anyway, I might as well spread out all the feels right?

I will miss you all and I should still be around in irc. The KYM community has made my time here what it is and without you, I wouldn't be here. This community really changed my life and I thank you for everything.

(please still post cat pictures on my wall sometimes)

(please also randomman don't ban me for making a goodbye thread)

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

You make the kitty sad:

I wish you all the best and have fun working at tumblr.

Please visit us as often as you can. :)

Last edited Oct 30, 2013 at 07:48PM EDT

wait you're leaving?

when did you show up?

Who even are you?

who are people?

am I even a person, or am I merely me?

Sting_Auer: Asking the real questions for real people in real places, real or not.

(I'll miss you :*((((*(((((( we all will)

Last edited Oct 30, 2013 at 07:39PM EDT

I miss you already. Please promise you won't forget about the little guys while you're tippin' Hennessy with The Man over on Tumblr.

Also, remember to stop by IRC once and a while to make sure the site didn't burn down in your absence! I know you said you would but you'd be surprised. Things can sometimes slip away without you meaning to!

Farewell!

Last edited Oct 30, 2013 at 07:41PM EDT

I wish you great luck on your future career. You were an amazing help in your active period here, I had tons of fun with you, and I wouldn't have become the poster I am now without you. Make sure to remember us as well.

(please also randomman don’t ban me for making a goodbye thread)

(I wouldn't dare.)

Last edited Oct 30, 2013 at 07:45PM EDT

Ugh.

Amanda, you should know that leave posts aren't allowed on the forum. Keep that stuff to the walls.

Sheesh. Staffers.

You know I'm kidding. Congratulations again on the job at Tumblr – we're all going to miss you a lot. Try to at least stop by once in a while if you can.

NO

NO WHY

Hang on, I should have seen this coming, Tumblr? You're perfect for them, I wish you well. You've done very well for this site for the time you've been here and I hope you know that! farewell and goodbye. :)

Still, you'll be missed.

Last edited Oct 30, 2013 at 07:47PM EDT

LNH wrote:

In times like these we all need a tissue cat.

First post in this thread to actually cause tears goes to this one.

You guys are so sweet. Thank you thank you thank you for your kind messages <3

You'll be missed a bunch. My time here wouldn't have been the same (it probably wouldn't have been at all) without you! I've really enjoyed getting to know you, and it's been a pleasure to work with you. I hope you enjoy your new job at Tumblr and really hope that, above all else, you'll have a great time there. ♥

Technically speaking, your thread won't be locked as you are an admin of this site. Your leaving is a big change to this site and should actually be left open.

I'm glad to see you moving on to bigger and better things. Be sure to anger some SJWs for me. I'm sure you'll drop by if you're ever feeling like it.

I do have to wonder though. With you gone, who is going to take over user/staff relations? Is that already thought out and taken care of? Should KYM have some kind of poll to elect one of our members? Or will I have to take over the job with an iron fist? Please send a response ASAP.

Edit: Also, madcat, you double posted. I say bans are in order.

Last edited Oct 30, 2013 at 11:36PM EDT

YOU'RE LEAVING US??? *sighs saddly* At least you're keeping your twitter right? 99% sure I still follow you.

(Lock her out after she leaves. Muahahahaha.) ((jk))

Last edited Oct 31, 2013 at 12:32AM EDT

Hey Amanda, you'll still come back to this forum and post cats from time to time right?

Tumblr is going to be a great opportunity for you, but switching jobs doesn't have to mean switching forums…I guess what I'm saying is that were gonna miss you! PLEASE DON'T GOOOHOHOHO BAWWWWWW

Oh well enjoy your time at tumblr and best of luck for the future. KYM will be in good hands while you are gone. Your appointed mods will not let you down.

So….which mod will have the privilege of locking this leaving thread?

It's been a good run, but I'm sure you'll love it at tumblr. We'll still be there with you in the IRC to talk about cats, though and so i can try to get you to put random posts on the radar hehehehehehe. Take this last day out in style.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Technically speaking, your thread won't be locked as you are an admin of this site. Your leaving is a big change to this site and should actually be left open.

I'm glad to see you moving on to bigger and better things. Be sure to anger some SJWs for me. I'm sure you'll drop by if you're ever feeling like it.

I do have to wonder though. With you gone, who is going to take over user/staff relations? Is that already thought out and taken care of? Should KYM have some kind of poll to elect one of our members? Or will I have to take over the job with an iron fist? Please send a response ASAP.

Edit: Also, madcat, you double posted. I say bans are in order.

I'm not sure what the plan is for who is going to do that. Don's been coming in IRC. But yes Bob I fully offer you an iron fist.

also madcat just double posted bc he will miss me the most duh

chowzburgerz wrote:

No! Don't leave Amanda! How will we restore order with The Big Three?

There will be another piece of the Triforce someday, hopefully sooner rather than later. And you better be nice to them chowz or I will come back and tell them to ban you :P

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Hey Amanda, you'll still come back to this forum and post cats from time to time right?

Tumblr is going to be a great opportunity for you, but switching jobs doesn't have to mean switching forums…I guess what I'm saying is that were gonna miss you! PLEASE DON'T GOOOHOHOHO BAWWWWWW

Oh well enjoy your time at tumblr and best of luck for the future. KYM will be in good hands while you are gone. Your appointed mods will not let you down.

So….which mod will have the privilege of locking this leaving thread?

you know, maybe i'll actually get around to posting in the forums sometimes now. hmmmmmmm. ideas.

also mods need to roll for it. two dice, highest roll wins.

…unless i just lock it myself before my powers get stripped!

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

YOU'RE LEAVING US??? *sighs saddly* At least you're keeping your twitter right? 99% sure I still follow you.

(Lock her out after she leaves. Muahahahaha.) ((jk))

YES i will be keeping all of my internet because I cannot function with internet! Tweet at me more!

The more I think about it, the more I think my idea for a gif must be made.

This scene:

Edited (shortened as well) with new subs, and all of our faces [profile pics and or profile names] edited on; (and for the sky part, the tumblr "T" will be in it's place); and posted tomorrow.

I know this is just my idea, on incredibly short notice, and out of the blue without anyone I know to turn to to make it, but it's honestly something I would want to do to send amanda b off, something that I would want to include as manny members of the community as possible and really, just to say goodbye in a cheesy yet honest and heartfelt way.

THIS FEEL BOMB MUST BE DROPPED!

amanda b. wrote:

There will be another piece of the Triforce someday, hopefully sooner rather than later. And you better be nice to them chowz or I will come back and tell them to ban you :P

I'll be nice. I like Brad and Don. They're two great guys.

thegreato wrote:

The more I think about it, the more I think my idea for a gif must be made.

This scene:

Edited (shortened as well) with new subs, and all of our faces [profile pics and or profile names] edited on; (and for the sky part, the tumblr "T" will be in it's place); and posted tomorrow.

I know this is just my idea, on incredibly short notice, and out of the blue without anyone I know to turn to to make it, but it's honestly something I would want to do to send amanda b off, something that I would want to include as manny members of the community as possible and really, just to say goodbye in a cheesy yet honest and heartfelt way.

THIS FEEL BOMB MUST BE DROPPED!

Good-Bye Amanda! We'll miss you.
Even though you'll leave all those hot dogs, we'll still feel empty inside.
Here's some good bye music from Kid Icarus:Uprising, a song to remember your favorite posts for whichever part you see fit.
We wish you all the best at Tumblr.
Your friends,
Carno and Taur

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 09:44AM EDT

Farewell, Amanda. I'm grateful that you were able to help me with the first article that I made for this site here, and it means a lot to me that you even took the effort to feature it – that really made my day. You are awesome, and I hope things go well for you.

And now, to honor your transition to go elsewhere in your internet life, I offer you this anthem:

…And a cat image for good measure.

If anyone is justified in making a goodbye thread, it's Amanda. She has done more for this site than any of us combined, and she's gonna be absolutely outstanding at tumblr.

So, let me be the latest to say Congratulations!

(also if u have a tumblr u can follow her "here"http://www.memelibrarian.com/ its rly good tumblr she's a pro)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!