Forums / Discussion / General

171,004 total conversations in 5,490 threads

+ New Thread


NFL 2014-15 Season General: Stop Calling It Handegg

Last posted Sep 21, 2014 at 09:17PM EDT. Added Aug 07, 2014 at 04:35PM EDT
91 posts from 19 users

Since the other NFL thread is closed due to inactivity and the preseason has begun, it’s time to get ready for the 2014-15 Season. Who will win the Super Bowl? Will my Dallas Cowboys not suck ass anymore? Will Europeans stop calling that awesome sport, handegg? Let’s make some predictions.

Aug 07, 2014 at 04:35PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Since the other NFL thread is closed due to inactivity and the preseason has begun, it’s time to get ready for the 2014-15 Season. Who will win the Super Bowl? Will my Dallas Cowboys not suck ass anymore? Will Europeans stop calling that awesome sport, handegg? Let’s make some predictions.

>Cowboys
>Anything but 8-8
>Ever

Aug 07, 2014 at 04:35PM EDT
Quote

I wish the cowboys were good. I hate the feeling i get whenever i tell people i’m a cowboys fan. Its like a feeling of disappointment. But i’ve been a fan of the cowboys my whole life, and that’s how its gonna be

Aug 07, 2014 at 04:40PM EDT
Quote

MF DOOM wrote:

We won’t stop calling this sport handegg

Why not? What did the US do to The Netherlands?

Aug 07, 2014 at 05:10PM EDT
Quote

Mangy Black Sheep wrote:

….yeah….go team…..

Lose to rival in Week 17 and miss the playoffs, eh? GONNA BE A GOOD SEASON FOR THE ’SKINS, THEN AHAHAHAHAHA- sorry about that.

Aug 07, 2014 at 05:26PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Why not? What did the US do to The Netherlands?

Just fucking with ya it’s a cool sport. I just hate the word soccer

Aug 07, 2014 at 05:50PM EDT
Quote

The Dolphins will clearly win the next Superbowl. Obviously.

Aug 07, 2014 at 05:59PM EDT

MF DOOM wrote:

Just fucking with ya it’s a cool sport. I just hate the word soccer

The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford ‘-er’ abbreviation (”a colloquial and sometimes facetious suffix prevalent at Oxford University from about 1875, which is thought to have been borrowed from the slang of Rugby School":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_"-er") of the word ‘association’."

Last edited Aug 07, 2014 at 06:07PM EDT
Aug 07, 2014 at 06:03PM EDT
Quote

0.9999...=1 wrote:

The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford ‘-er’ abbreviation (”a colloquial and sometimes facetious suffix prevalent at Oxford University from about 1875, which is thought to have been borrowed from the slang of Rugby School":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_"-er") of the word ‘association’."

I’m aware of that. I still think it’s a horrible name for a ball game

Aug 07, 2014 at 06:08PM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Lethal, Head of Security wrote:

Lose to rival in Week 17 and miss the playoffs, eh? GONNA BE A GOOD SEASON FOR THE ’SKINS, THEN AHAHAHAHAHA- sorry about that.

Aug 07, 2014 at 06:31PM EDT
Quote

Duke Crabtree wrote:

The Dolphins will clearly win the next Superbowl. Obviously.

Seriously though, Ryan Tannehill is legit underrated.

Aug 07, 2014 at 06:43PM EDT

It’s handegg.
I’m pretty sure it’s handegg.

Aug 07, 2014 at 07:11PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

A Furry wrote:

It’s handegg.
I’m pretty sure it’s handegg.

>Is American
>Calls American Football handegg

GTFO!

Aug 07, 2014 at 07:25PM EDT
Quote

I don’t think American football should have been called football in the first place to avoid confusion, but what’s done is done, so it’s called football here. Also, I don’t think the shape of the ball is quite one of an “egg” per say.

Aug 07, 2014 at 07:36PM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

>Is American
>Calls American Football handegg

GTFO!

It’s a handegg.

Aug 07, 2014 at 10:04PM EDT
Quote

Can’t wait to see what new levels of mediocrity the Lions can achieve this year.

>Will my Dallas Cowboys not suck ass anymore?
That depends, will Romo learn the Heimlich Maneuver?

A Furry said:

It’s a handegg.

>calling it handegg when the ball isn’t shaped like an egg
This trolling is really stale, by the way. It’s at that point where it’s just boring by now.

Aug 07, 2014 at 10:21PM EDT
Quote

On the handegg thing, people should really shut up about it. This isn’t Riff-Raff. This is a legit NFL thread. GTFO if you just came to troll about that.


So, just so I’m not a hypocrite I guess I’ll say something hande- I mean football-related.

I honestly have no idea who I’m voting for. I’m not that big a fan so to speak, so I don’t have this one team I always root for. What I usually do is just wait for the Superbowl to come and then when the two competing teams are decided I’ll pick the one I prefer for some arbitrary reason. I know it sounds shallow but like I said, not very into spectator sports.

Aug 07, 2014 at 10:26PM EDT
Quote

It’s really more like an offshoot of rugby, actually…

And in unrelated news, the Redskins defeat the Patriots 23-6, the Jets top the Colts 13-10, and the Ravens beat the Niners 23-3 for the first three games of the season.

Aug 07, 2014 at 10:28PM EDT
Quote

Honeytiger wrote:

DID SOMEBODY SAY HANDEGG‽
Wait, I hate sports.

If you hate sports, then why are you here?

Aug 07, 2014 at 10:38PM EDT
Quote

Also, this Jets team is going to be a beast… if this were Madden, of course. But really, I see a wild card spot in their future, especially if Vick starts.

Aug 08, 2014 at 09:05PM EDT
Quote

I guess I’m rooting for the Eagles this season, always have.

I also live in New York.

I’m very popular among my football friends.

Aug 08, 2014 at 10:40PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

Can’t wait to see what new levels of mediocrity the Lions can achieve this year.

>Will my Dallas Cowboys not suck ass anymore?
That depends, will Romo learn the Heimlich Maneuver?

A Furry said:

It’s a handegg.

>calling it handegg when the ball isn’t shaped like an egg
This trolling is really stale, by the way. It’s at that point where it’s just boring by now.

Hand oval.

Aug 09, 2014 at 12:30AM EDT
Quote

GaryTheStormtrooper wrote:

I guess I’m rooting for the Eagles this season, always have.

I also live in New York.

I’m very popular among my football friends.

At least you’re not living in Philadelphia and openly rooting for the Cowboys.
I believe they call that… suicide.

Aug 09, 2014 at 03:15AM EDT
Quote

A Furry wrote:

Hand oval.

Are you going to contribute to the thread or still be a dick about the name? Now what team are you going for?

Aug 09, 2014 at 03:50AM EDT
Quote

Jimmy “Sniper” Lethal said:

But really, I see a wild card spot in their future, especially if Vick starts.

>implying they’ll make the playoffs
>implying their locker room won’t spontaneously combust three days into the season

@A Furry
I believe you’re in the wrong thread. The shitposting thread’s over here.

Aug 09, 2014 at 04:31AM EDT
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

Are you going to contribute to the thread or still be a dick about the name? Now what team are you going for?

I don’t exactly know, but I usually go for the Cowboys (even though they perpetually suck ass currently and it’s mostly because they’re in Texas, and Texas is the best state for football.

Aug 09, 2014 at 10:08AM EDT
Quote

0.9999...=1 wrote:

At least you’re not living in Philadelphia and openly rooting for the Cowboys.
I believe they call that… suicide.

“At least you’re not living in Philadelphia and openly rooting for anyone else.”

FTFY.

Aug 10, 2014 at 02:59PM EDT
Quote

Here in Buffalo, the only thing on people’s minds right now is who the new owner will be since Ralph Wilson Jr. died. One such group is led by Bon Jovi who is part of a Toronto based group that has had signs of surveying Toronto for a new stadium. As a result, the city is right now very hostile with him. Radio stations banning his music,,,probably won’t be played during Sabres games either.

Aug 10, 2014 at 04:46PM EDT
Quote

Association Football: using both feet to kick a ball = Feetball
American Football: using only 1 (one) foot to kick a ball = Football

c’mon guys it’s simple

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

>lions play preseason game
>guess I’ll watch the highlight reel
>it’s entirely spent talking about the Browns and their new QB
>oh, and the Lions won 13-12
This bodes well.

Aug 12, 2014 at 08:04PM EDT
Quote

xTSGx wrote:

>lions play preseason game
>guess I’ll watch the highlight reel
>it’s entirely spent talking about the Browns and their new QB
>oh, and the Lions won 13-12
This bodes well.

I have a pic related, but I’m on my phone so some other time.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:36AM EDT
Quote

I have created an ESPN Pigskin Pick’em Group entitled Know Your Meme. If you want to join, you must make an ESPN account. Every week, I’ll post the weekly results.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:36PM EDT
Quote

Crap, I forgot to post the link.

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=60126

Aug 24, 2014 at 03:58AM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Lethal, Head of Security wrote:

Michael Sam sacked Johnny Manziel. ESPN promptly came.

Aug 25, 2014 at 01:35AM EDT
Quote

Jimmy Lethal, Head of Security wrote:

Michael Sam sacked Johnny Manziel. ESPN promptly came.

Unfortunately for them, I don’t think Rams fans could give less of a fuck about that. Not since a Browns defender decided to hang off of Bradford like a heavy winter coat five seconds after he threw the goddamn ball.

Speaking of which, here’s a quick journey into that man’s mind right about now:

Last edited Aug 25, 2014 at 02:32AM EDT
Aug 25, 2014 at 02:31AM EDT
Quote

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Unfortunately for them, I don’t think Rams fans could give less of a fuck about that. Not since a Browns defender decided to hang off of Bradford like a heavy winter coat five seconds after he threw the goddamn ball.

Speaking of which, here’s a quick journey into that man’s mind right about now:

Yeah, poor Bradford. So much talent, but so vunerable to injuries.

…Holy shit, he’s the Derrick Rose of the NFL.

Aug 25, 2014 at 03:20AM EDT
Quote

Namaste! You must login or signup first!