Forums / Discussion / General

232,635 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

#shirtstorm

Last posted Nov 16, 2014 at 10:05PM EST. Added Nov 15, 2014 at 03:51PM EST
14 posts from 11 users

While people did certainly over react to this whole situation (seriously way over the top), that doesn't mean the guy wasn't also at fault. I mean seriously, it's pretty common knowledge that you should dress well for your career, especially if it's an important day.

If he showed up to a job interview in that shirt there's not a person in the world who would hire him, and it's not because of the subject matter of the shirt, it's a basic matter of looking professional.

Crimeariver wrote:

While people did certainly over react to this whole situation (seriously way over the top), that doesn't mean the guy wasn't also at fault. I mean seriously, it's pretty common knowledge that you should dress well for your career, especially if it's an important day.

If he showed up to a job interview in that shirt there's not a person in the world who would hire him, and it's not because of the subject matter of the shirt, it's a basic matter of looking professional.

Nope.
He was able to accomplish this because he's a genius, or at least close to it. If his past records show that as well as success in the field (as I'm sure they did/do) then no one worth their salt would give a shit about the shirt he wore. It's called "eccentricity", and it's pretty damn common in this discipline- my physics teacher being Exhibit B to his A.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!