Forums / General

195,804 total conversations in 5,395 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General

Last posted Oct 06, 2011 at 09:42PM EDT. Added Feb 11, 2011 at 03:26PM EST
9,959 conversations with 189 participants

If Vinly Scratch was considered a background pony i would totally choose her. Shows my love for progressive house type music haha.

Jun 09, 2011 at 05:27PM EDT

Derpy-is-on-the-loose! wrote:

If Vinly Scratch was considered a background pony i would totally choose her. Shows my love for progressive house type music haha.

Well thanks for bringing that up,

To me, Vinyl Scratch, along with other ponies, they aren’t exactly background ponies. You don’t see them in the background. More like on the sidelines. I like to refer to her more as a Sideline Pony.

Jun 09, 2011 at 07:18PM EDT

Xelus Shnider wrote:

Well thanks for bringing that up,

To me, Vinyl Scratch, along with other ponies, they aren’t exactly background ponies. You don’t see them in the background. More like on the sidelines. I like to refer to her more as a Sideline Pony.

Well then i would chose Lyra for sure… I can relate with her lazy nature. (Derpy is still my favorite hah)

Jun 09, 2011 at 07:25PM EDT

Side characters have a few lines, background characters are the ones you see very little of or only once. I think Scratch counts.

Sweetie Belle is my favorite of the CMC.
Hush Now Quiet Now was the best part of that episode.

Jun 09, 2011 at 08:59PM EDT

What about Scootaloo?
Doesn’t anyone like the chicken?

Jun 09, 2011 at 10:08PM EDT

Sweetie Belle > Scootaloo lol! And awesome art fetchbeer!

Also my favorite main is “lately” Twilight, it changes a lot.

Jun 09, 2011 at 10:20PM EDT

My favorite filly has to be scootaloo XD just cause i rembered liking her before the revamp XD

I just rage quit my new Nancy drew game… Its a giant soduku puzzle on the jounior mode ridiculous…

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:45AM EDT

out of the backgrounds ponies i prefer Lyra (by the way does anybody know about that Strawberry Blitz(or something like that) background pony?)

Jun 10, 2011 at 02:20AM EDT

KlownKontrol wrote:

out of the backgrounds ponies i prefer Lyra (by the way does anybody know about that Strawberry Blitz(or something like that) background pony?)

I am not exactly sure who your referring to, an image would probably help me.

- – -

Can somepony please tell me what’s the deal with all these maid Celestia ponies I’ve been seeing, such as the one located here

EDIT: Though I do figure it has SOMETHING to deal with Luna.

Last edited Jun 10, 2011 at 09:36PM EDT
Jun 10, 2011 at 09:22PM EDT

Princess Affinity For Muffins wrote:

My favorite filly has to be scootaloo XD just cause i rembered liking her before the revamp XD

I just rage quit my new Nancy drew game… Its a giant soduku puzzle on the jounior mode ridiculous…

Scootaloo isn’t just my favourite filly, she’s my favourite character. Don’t ask me why.

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:40AM EDT

My fave background pony is probably DJ PON-3, or Vinyl Scratch, whatever you want to call her. I do happen to be a DJ myself, so that’s probably why.

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:45AM EDT

Remember the last show she made?

Test tube freaks, teach my child Evolfution!

Not gonna happen, I will only let my kids watche things centered around the lord, magic is the devil, and so is your frenid ship!

Last edited Jun 11, 2011 at 03:18AM EDT
Jun 11, 2011 at 03:16AM EDT

Actually it’s Strawberry Burst and here is a link to a speed paint of her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pem4lXG4gzw&feature=player_embedded

Jun 11, 2011 at 05:22AM EDT

Hmm, I was thinking that instead of flooding the Pony page with tons of images by new artists I discover everyday, I could use this thread for some of them.

Here’s one artist who seems to have recently become a fan of the series, and has created some rather cute humanoid manga versions of some fo the cast. Their name is Framboosi and their work is pretty damn cute.

These pics were only posted on the 9th and yesterday, so a fairly recent bronie, and they have said they’re planning on doing the other mane cast, possibly more. Go check her out and give support! :D

Jun 11, 2011 at 07:50AM EDT

Well if your considering Vinyl a background pony,

Then Favorite Background pony from Lyra -> Vinyl Scratch

Also my favorite CMC is Sweetie Bell.

Jun 11, 2011 at 05:02PM EDT

Recommended channels for me on YT: “MLPFIM reactionclips and stuff”

El o el

Jun 11, 2011 at 06:13PM EDT

Well guys. I’m dumbfounded.

There are 26 episodes, each one at least 21 minutes long.
There is over 6000 images on KYM alone.
There is over 600 videos on KYM alone.
And I’m apart of one of the greatest communities that ever existed.

HOW IS THERE NOT ENOUGH PONY!?

Jun 11, 2011 at 06:24PM EDT

Xelus Shnider wrote:

Well guys. I’m dumbfounded.

There are 26 episodes, each one at least 21 minutes long.
There is over 6000 images on KYM alone.
There is over 600 videos on KYM alone.
And I’m apart of one of the greatest communities that ever existed.

HOW IS THERE NOT ENOUGH PONY!?

are you counting all of the sub-memes?
That could add some more pony!

Jun 11, 2011 at 08:58PM EDT

True! You have Derpy Doctor Whoof (Totaly died watching that vid) Pony Shrug/Crazie Pie/Oh U Ponys, we have Cupcakes no mater how wrong it is.. AND to top it all off you also have all the memes the ponys have succesfuly infitrated. 83

Jun 11, 2011 at 09:54PM EDT

Check this out. DJ Alex S did a mashup with a Super Ponybeat song and made an original piece from it. The song is about Princess Luna.

Lyrics:

For a thousand years
I’ve waited here for you
Waiting every night
For I thought you were the
answer to my life

Days turned into years
and into centuries
Patience had to fade
Don’t you see that there is
vengeance in my eyes?

Luna won’t you cry for me
I’m as lonely as I’ve ever been
I am forced back into the start
Is there any way to fix a broken heart?

Infinite despise
and endless jealousy
Bottled in my soul
Has erupted as I’m
tearing through the skies

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:47PM EDT

Mwa ha ha ha! Drawing stuff takes so long, even without backgrounds…
Anyway I couldn’t resist usurping Dash in Scootaloo’s eyes.

Jun 12, 2011 at 01:41AM EDT

Woah! KYM has forums?! With ponies! And a Threepwood pony! Best. Day. Ever! <3

Also hi, I’m gingerale. I draw ‘Brave the Night’ ponyventure. :B

*e: Huh? Why’s it eating a part of my post?
*e2: Oh.. html tags..

Last edited Jun 12, 2011 at 06:48AM EDT
Jun 12, 2011 at 06:29AM EDT

hey people check out this awsome animation i found on NG.

i think you might love it.

i wonder why it wasn’t mentioned before… also, it got a daily feautre award, so that’s another vicotry for ponykin!

Jun 12, 2011 at 07:07AM EDT

fetchbeer wrote:

Mwa ha ha ha! Drawing stuff takes so long, even without backgrounds…
Anyway I couldn’t resist usurping Dash in Scootaloo’s eyes.

Scootaloo can do better than Dash as a mentor >:[

Jun 12, 2011 at 08:23AM EDT

OK guy’s, I got another question. And it may be the same corny question we get asked all the time, but I still wanna hear the answer.

WHY DO WE WATCH THIS SHOW?
AND BETTER YET, WHY DO WE OBSESS ABOUT IT?

I just want a huge collection of reasons, for… whatever reason :D

Jun 13, 2011 at 08:11AM EDT

Xelus Shnider wrote:

OK guy’s, I got another question. And it may be the same corny question we get asked all the time, but I still wanna hear the answer.

I just want a huge collection of reasons, for… whatever reason :D

1) You’ve been surrounded by bronies, and couldn’t help but watch the show to see what all the fuss was about, and it turned out to be actually fun to watch.
2) Cartoons these days are crap (problem solverz, ben 10, new spongebob, etc.) and MLP:FIM is actually good. I mean, there’s character development, interesting scenarios in every episode, good voice acting, clean animation, no BS with the characters obsessing over boys and fashion (like every other little girls show), etc.
3) You might think the fanbase is more interesting than the show itself, and watch the show for the main reason to be a fan, and were suddenly turned into actually liking the show.
4) Hey, we all have one X chromosome in us. For guys, maybe taking a break from putting up the macho man act, and sitting down and watching some bright colored ponies might actually make you happy. And for girls, you might just be embracing your inner child, which isn’t a bad thing at all.
5) This probably isn’t it, and I hope to God not (for your sake), but you may be sexually attracted to ponies. eeyup.
6) I know that I think the music in the show sucks, so obsessing wise, I actually find myself listening to it a lot more, looking for ways to remix it and make it not suck.

And those are just some reasons. I can’t think of any more right now.

Jun 13, 2011 at 09:42AM EDT

“5) This probably isn’t it, and I hope to God not (for your sake), but you may be sexually attracted to ponies.
eeyup.”

wat

Last edited Jun 13, 2011 at 09:55AM EDT
Jun 13, 2011 at 09:54AM EDT

“5) This probably isn’t it, and I hope to God not (for your sake), but you may be sexually attracted to ponies.
eeyup.”

But what if the pony is sexually attracted to humans?

Jun 13, 2011 at 10:43AM EDT

This thread has taken a direction I would prefer not to see go any further than it already has.

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:01AM EDT

…Ok. Enough of that then.

Back to my question then?

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:11AM EDT

gingerale wrote:

This thread has taken a direction I would prefer not to see go any further than it already has.

Sorry about that, but there is at least one pony picture to take a thread in any direction possible. And as that pic had been stuck in my head all morning, and with the previous post, I just had to share it.

As for why we like ponies…

It’s because the show is as good as the ones we remember from our actual childhood (which really didn’t hold up as well as we remember them.) And the massive increase in the internet since our childhood now allows us to share with fellow Bronies all over the world and there is so much more crazy stuff we can do nowadays, vs. back then it was just paper and pencil.

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:46AM EDT

Umm…. sorry I didn’t mean to send the post in that direction.

The only reason I added that as one of the reasons, is that there certainly is enough “fan art” and clopfics to suggest that some people feel that way…
I don’t feel that way, mind you.

I’ll be quiet now.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:05PM EDT

butterin yobread wrote:

Im a rainbow dash at the moment. Does it get genuinely funny after a while, like spongebob funny?

I’m stuck between Applejack and Fluttershy.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:13PM EDT

Power, No Limits wrote:

Umm…. sorry I didn’t mean to send the post in that direction.

The only reason I added that as one of the reasons, is that there certainly is enough “fan art” and clopfics to suggest that some people feel that way…
I don’t feel that way, mind you.

I’ll be quiet now.

Oh don’t worry about it. I’ve seen worse. The other day I started reading a fanfic just to find out it was a reaaaaally strange, uh, “sensual story” (as the author put it) of an unnamed servant pony feeding freaking Silver Spoon (from Call of Cutie) a bowl of cereal.
I’m serious. It was a real “What the Hell am I reading?” moment. D:

I’ll stick to drawing a fun pony adventure comic thing instead. o/

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:45PM EDT

Me, I’m squarely in the Twilight Sparkle range.

As for why I like it? A large part of it combines the excellent writing, the characters and their development, the rich world that was created, the art style and animation – especially the expressiveness of the characters, the fact that often times the stories have messages beyond just what’s shown, etc.

Part of it is related to the fanbase, with the amount of depth and detail that the fans have generated for background characters, some of who were only shown for 2-3 seconds in the entire season, and how the producers are not only appreciating said efforts, but also actively incorporating some aspects into the show. And that’s not even to mention the whole love and tolerance bit that has spread throughout us.

A further part though, I think, is the simple fact that it’s a My Little Pony show that guys can enjoy as much as we do. That seems wrong, and makes my enjoyment stronger as a result. I know this part isn’t really appreciating it for it’s own merits, but I do enough of that already that I’m fine with enjoying feeling a bit counter-culture about it.

Jun 13, 2011 at 05:36PM EDT

I’m between fluttershy and applejack, slowly progressing towards Pinkie. even though i will never cherish rule 34, and for me every fanfic equals TL:DR
I recently discovered that i’ve been a fan of Faust my entire life thanks to ponies

Jun 13, 2011 at 08:04PM EDT

Speaking of fanfic!
Here is a link to the single greatest fanfic ever, The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle
It’s hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. It stays both completely in character for everyone, but also twist the formula occasionally. It’s occasionally super sweet. Andwaitaminute
Oh my god.
A new chapter has been uploaded since while I went to fetch the link OH GOD YES

Jun 13, 2011 at 08:12PM EDT

Well for me I love the show because it can actually make me laugh out loud, rather than on the inside like most other cartoons. It makes me smile as I watch the whole thing.

Jun 13, 2011 at 09:02PM EDT

“…upper Applejack on the internet, Fluttershy forever in real life.”
Whoops, didn’t happen.
I’d say that doing this puts me at least in Twilight range, and oops, it happened in real life, too. Or at least in school. They’re slowly turning brony and it’s awesome.
Still Fluttershy everywhere else.
Inb4 that stops happening, too.

Jun 13, 2011 at 09:41PM EDT

Blame Sweetie Belle…

Jun 13, 2011 at 09:46PM EDT

Hmmm, I forgot about this one, didn’t I.

Jun 13, 2011 at 11:48PM EDT

This thread needs to stop being swept to the bottom of the generals page, I somehow keep ending up chatting in the MLP page rather than this thread.

@fetchbeer
Amazing art as usual, and it seems they got banished to the moon, again. Atleast they wasn’t imprisoned in the place they was banished to.

So, I checked through all the images on the MLP page, again. And all the submemes, most if not all of the sub meme images, and I read cupcakes. Again. Played all 3 Luna games, at max volume. STILL NOT ENOUGH. Maybe I’ll check all the pony vids on the main page.

Jun 15, 2011 at 01:30PM EDT

I’ve gone and done it…
I’ve drawn my first shipping pic…
I feel so dirty now…

Jun 15, 2011 at 02:17PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!